1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - June 2009

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Jul 5, 2009.

1. pkmn1000

pkmn1000

Dugtrio doesnt counter chansey. Since eve if its banded its a 2HKO so chansey can always use counter. BTW Is it possible to get wish chansey in frlg teach it counter then migrate it?
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Perfectly possible, as Wish was an evnet held in Advance era.
  3. Xia

Xia aka Lone Gansel
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I also don't see why people keep running Ice Shard on Donphan. me and Seven Deadly Sins were talking, and a 4x Ice Shard is only marginally stronger than a STAB Earthquake. If you're running it to gain priority, that's one thing, but you might sa well give that job up to someone more able.
  4. RegalStar

RegalStar

You're forgetting that any combination of types that are 4x weak to ice aside from dragon/ground take reduced damage from EQ in some way.
  5. master314

master314

wow the tiers are accurate - all 49 OUs are in the top 49. Only at number 50 do you see a UU.
  6. master314

master314

oh yeah and flygon, the only OU dragon/ground, has Levitate
  7. Annoying Old Party Man

Annoying Old Party Man

thanks a lot doug. I think that herracross will be uu in a short while. I dont really think dugtrio will be uu for long though. Donphan will be a great counter to a lot of pokemon and will be in the top 10 uu
  8. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

I don't think you understand how the tiering works. Tiering is based on usage, so Pokemon used less than a certain amount are considered UU. Except for ban lists, tiering isn't based on how good a Pokemon is, just how much it's used.
  9. Toaster

Toaster

im suprised of how much hitmontop cilmbed in UU ,seems that absol took honckrows place

thanks for the stats doug
  10. pkmn1000

pkmn1000

Why do people say roserade is so powerfull. Without hp fire registeel and regice totally pwn it. Also without hp rock/ice altaria/moltres pwn it so how is it #1?
  11. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

It can make a nice switch into bulky waters, set up Toxic Spikes or Spikes, and for attacking sets, no counter is safe because of Sleep Powder. Once Registeel/ice are sleeping, HP Rock does fine(against Altaria/Moltres).
  12. Annoying Old Party Man

Annoying Old Party Man

wow uxie is the #1 uu lead. That sure is a suprise.
  13. A.P.

A.P.

Anyways, the recent voting has proven Honchkrow to narrowly stay UU - 9-8-1

Both Crobat and Shaymin are moving up to BL, with a clear majority (although Crobat is missing one vote).
  14. Peachfuzz

Peachfuzz

It's Roserades versatility that allows it to fit on many different types of teams. On any team, it's ability to come in on bulky waters is excellent. For stall teams, it can set up Spikes/Toxic Spikes on plenty of things, including Chansey. On offensive teams, the Life Orb set brings a lot of firepower and the Scarf set brings some revenge killing potential. And the choice of Hidden Power is not hard, it's Sludge Bombs are powerful enough to knock off plenty of health from Altaria and Moltres anyway.

To sum up the tier changes, Crobat, Shaymin, and Umbreon are leaving, Dugtrio and Donphan are coming down, and Honchkrow is staying.

I have a feeling the tier will become a bit more offensive. Another potent wallbreaker is coming back to put dents in stall. Dugtrio will be useful for taking out key parts of stall teams.

Donphan actually adds quite a bit to stall teams, countering the Swords Dance/Taunt Drapion that stall teams had trouble with. Donphan counters it better than Steelix and Registeel ever did. A Rapid Spinner that can hit ghosts with a 100 base power dark attack off of 120 base attack will be great for both stall and offensive teams. I have a feeling many stall matches will be about taking out the opponent's ghost to keep down the entry hazards. Donphan also seems like an awesome counter to Honchkrow, taking all kinds of physical attacks and shooting back Ice Shards.
  15. MapleSandwich

MapleSandwich

I'm actually curious as to what the 14 Pokemon that didn't get used on the OU ladder this month were. (483 - the 469 that did get used = 14).
  16. Ritsi_Time

Ritsi_Time

Probably the ones that didn't receive any usage at all.
  17. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

No I did not do this by making a checklist of known Pokemon and comparing it to the list of what was used in OU.

Baltoy
    Barboach
    Budew
    Burmy
    Finneon
    Goldeen
    Gulpin
    Horsea
    Mareep
    Nidoran-f
    Nincada
    Shinx
    Slugma
    Snubbull

Plus all the Pokemon in the Uber tier.

This made me think of playing through DPPt and using some of these as HM slaves lol
  18. ultimifier

ultimifier

im wondering to see how much my team will impace starmie usage in the uber tier this month...

he had 1 lead usage and 103 usages the entire month. lets see this puppy grow into a top 10 uber lead
  19. lordkira

lordkira

I am curious as to how the suspects voting went and this months usage on scizor will be. XD

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)