1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2009

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by DougJustDoug, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Erazor

Erazor ✓ Just Doug It
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Lets see... we banned Gallade in UU due to his offensive prowess. Heracross is even more powerful than Gallade, due to the 5 extra speed and STAB Megahorn. And unlike Gallade, he loves to be burnt. He also has excellent coverage. AND Swords Dance - the thing that really got Gallade banned. So if we banned Gallade, I really don't see Heracross staying in UU for long, if it even gets there.

Cresselia would be GOD in UU. No Tyranitar/Scizor to ruin its walling(although Scyther might plough through it). I only really see Mismagius setting up on it.
  2. Lemmiwinks MkII

Lemmiwinks MkII

Heracross @ Flame Orb
    Adamant / Jolly
    Guts

~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Megahorn / Night Slash
    ~ Facade

Good luck stall. Heracross would be interesting in UU to say the least, but Erazor makes a legitimate point that it is unlikely to be any less threatening than Gallade (an excellent BL reference) despite their differences.

Interesting to note that Cresselia would be the first to be banned in UU under the Defensive Characteristic should it happen, unless it is her support options(?) that make her BL. Nevertheless, Cresselia would be noteworthy as a near 100% Blaziken-proof stall member.
  3. MegaKick

MegaKick

I think you're all going a little over the top about heracross and cressilia going in to UU. I would just like to throw it out that since UU is already way to hectic, and hercross and cressilia would just make the process even more labourous, I encourage everyone to make teams with things like hera and cress in them. I always spend the last few days of the month using these pokes that are threatened to go into UU. You'd be surprised how many people fall to hera or can't break cress.
  4. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

People aren't going to change their OU teams to include what are probably inferior choices just to keep Cresselia and Heracross out of OU. The vast majority of OU players just care about winning, winning, winning and would never agree to something like this just to keep UU stable. If a Pokemon isn't good enough to make OU, then why should it undeservedly be OU?
  5. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

If certain Pokemon are too good for UU, they can always be put in BL. That's why there's a BL list after all. So don't worry if Salamence is used too little as to go to UU, guys.
  6. The Giritina-man

The Giritina-man

So is it true that Giratina-O has seen a lot of battles? And are just about all of them Modest and not Ady or Lonely?
  7. Bogmire

Bogmire

wow, just wow. how stupid are people?
  8. Kinder Surprise

Kinder Surprise

I didn't realise 14% of Dusknoir uses are gimmick sets.
  9. Kefka

Kefka

That doesn't even qualify as a gimmick, it's just plain stupid. I mean, even CB Dusknoir should run 252 HP, what else are you going to put the EVs on? Speed?
  10. Kinder Surprise

Kinder Surprise

I can only imagine they are 252 Def/252 Sp.Def. Which is of course backing up the claim it is incredibly stupid. I guess people see 405/405 Max stats and can't help themselves
  11. Kefka

Kefka

Well, it would make Pain Split better, but it's totally not worth it.
  12. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I guess people just have to realize how damage is calculated as well as how to maximize area given a perimeter. Given those things, 252 HP should be painfully obvious.
  13. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Actually, all people have to realise is that if you have a rectangle with a fixed perimeter, the rectangle would increase in area when the length of its sides are nearer and nearer to each other, and that its maximum area would happen when the sides are equal (i.e. becomes a square).

The same exact thing happens when you are distributing HP and Def/SpD EVs to a Pokemon.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)