Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2010

Umbreon might not be a noob pokemon, but the people using it are

Umbreon | Move | Mean Look | 40.2
vs
Umbreon | Move | Heal Bell | 8.8

/facepalm
/facepalm
/facepalm

Heatran, Infernape, Starmie, Rotom-A, Gyarados, Jirachi, and Tyranitar.
That's actually a pretty badass team. Scarfrachi, Standard Rotom-A, Bulky Gyara, Scarftran, CBtar, Starmie of some sort. LO?

Anyway, I lol at you Umbreon users. Keep using it, so we don't have to deal with it in UU. (Umbreon wrecks my UU team...but so does everything else)

Umbreon might not be a noob pokemon, but the people using it are

Umbreon | Move | Mean Look | 40.2
vs
Umbreon | Move | Heal Bell | 8.8

/facepalm
/facepalm
/facepalm
Umbreon is a noob pokemon IMO, because he cant stop stall teams from spike stacking unless he runs taunt. Even then hes slower than skarm and suffers serious 4 move syndrome (or whatever its called). Plus hes no good against offense since fighting types/scizor/taunt tare him a new one. Seriously this thing needs to go back to uu where he belongs. I feel like him being ou was part of an april fools joke like magikarp being so high up in ubers or something.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lucario usage drops another percentile, not happy about that, but it's understandable since the usage is being more heavily concentrated into the top 10, which includes one of Lucario's most prominent checks and the biggest threat in all of OU.

Weavile's usage has slightly risen this month, to my surprise. It takes a very skilled player to use and a lot of the lower players are misrepresenting it. Then again, I have been seeing it in some tournament matches here or there, so maybe there are others who realize it's potential.

I get the feeling the rightful king of OU will take its place on the usage throne next month. Scizor has had a nice, long run, but I don't feel it'll be #1 or even top 5 for much longer.

Machamp has been creeping its way up the ladder for quite some time now and it's inching ever closer to top 10; however, I don't think it's consistent enough to say there.

Ever since 4th gen started there have only been 3 pokemon to hold the #1 usage spot in OU

From the beginning up until its removal, Garchomp was the most used.
In the single month that followed it was Heatran.
Then platinum moves came out and Scizor has been #1 for the many months since.

If salamence gets banned we may actually see something to shake up this apparently stagnant tier (although it appears heatran would just be the most used again)

I don't get how having heatran in over 1/3 the teams, infernape and starmie in over 1/4 the teams, is less stagnant than the current ou...People who are saying suspect is always centralized around certain pokes are forgetting that we're testing the absence of a poke and not the presence, so it's not like when we're testing garchomp etc.. If sally is banned OU WILL be incredibly centralized around celebi and heatran, especially since both outspeed that silly dragonite who has all the stats and typing in the wrong places.

If these statistics don't change much once (if) Salamence is banned, all of Aerodactyl, Hippowdon, Dusknoir, Smeargle, Electivire, Umbreon, and Mamoswine will go into UU territory.
I understand Smeargle in UU, and Aero (along with Hippo and Umby) was UU once iirc; not Dusky, Vire, or Mamo though.

I think it's more for Infernape, who is getting a lot of usage without Salamence around.
I would more attribute it to Latias being removed than Salamence, because Infernape really has no problem if Salamence switches in, but Latias could switch in and Recover the damage. It was basically a pure Infernape stopper and with it being gone, more people want to use it not only because it's Number One check/counter is gone, but because with Salamence gone teams need another easy to use stall-breaker, haha.

Salamence really couldn't switch in, either, since Close Combat did 22.4% - 26.3% and even Flamethrower did 35% - 41.4%. Really too much for Salamence to switch in to.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Or it has everything to do with something that I'm very surprised only Arin has even realized, let alone hinted at: Doug only started the ladder on May 25, which granted less than a week of actual playing time in May. I'm not sure how Doug reconciles the fact that we never aim to begin Suspect Tests in the beginning of a given month, but there are definitely metagame trends that take a few weeks to develop in every Suspect Test (Acid Armor Manaphy in its Stage 1 test, for instance). I would be careful to check the Suspect start date before placing much stock in Standard vs. Suspect comparisons for that reason alone.

Swords dance Weavile can run through any team without a Scizor (read: none).
lol

I really see a lot of machamp leads around.
I , myself, use an anti-lead one(not the set that's in the strategydex)
Suprisingly, it really does it's job. He can take a 252/psychic from naive azelf :D

It's good to see that Uxie is being used a lot more as a lead. Up to 13th, and I hope it continues to rise.

Heracross is looking awfully low in usage though. It's a shame. I'd really shocked he isn't being used more in Suspect than he is either. He needs more love :(

Nice to see Dragonite and Kingdra getting some use in Suspect as well. It was pretty obvious that the other Dragons were going to be used a lot.

Thanks for the stats Doug!

If salamence is banned, then UU is going to change a lot as well. Uxie could be leaving UU , but Dusknoir, Smeargle, Electivire, Umbreon,and Hippowdon could be coming.

Smeargle, Electivire, and Umbreon (and Ninjask for that matter) are "n00b Pokemon", meaning they're not very good but a lot of people like using them anyway. Said people usually don't play on suspect, so their drop in usage is more due to that than Salamence.
*facepalm*
COMPLETELY forgot that suspect doesn't attract the same "audience" as standard.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ever since 4th gen started there have only been 3 pokemon to hold the #1 usage spot in OU

From the beginning up until its removal, Garchomp was the most used.
In the single month that followed it was Heatran.
Then platinum moves came out and Scizor has been #1 for the many months since.

If salamence gets banned we may actually see something to shake up this apparently stagnant tier (although it appears heatran would just be the most used again)
Blissey and Gengar (iirc) got the #1 spot too back on the Official Shoddy Server. Blissey was on top for what, the whole early stage of D/P?, while Gengar had the first place for a month or two.

The increased Kingdra usage has been giving me a bit of a hard time on the suspect ladder. Azelf suicide reflect lead into Kingdra is pretty difficult to stop without aero.

Ambipom retakes No.1 lead spot in UU, doesn't really loose to any of the leads but hes not that good.

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
OU: Salamence beats Tyranitar and gains his #2 spot...again. And Machamp leads are rising a lot.

Suspect: Shaymin and Dragonite are used a lot with Mence gone. Scizor took a massage drop, and Heatran is #1 holy shit.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Thanks for the stats doug
I didn't realize latias could stay so high even with five days of no use.

It will be interesting to see whether Heatran runs HP Ice for Dragonite or HP Grass for Swampert/bulky waters. Dragon Pulse simply doesn't do enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)