Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - October 2009

I think you misunderstood what MrE is trying to say... Cresselia is forced to use Flame Orb and Psycho Shift because she's pretty useless otherwise, while Latias could use the same tactic she doesn't need to do that because she actually has other (better) options.
no,i got what it meant,i said EXACTLY because what he/she(i got no idea) said was what i was searching for the argument,latias got better stuff to do rather then flame orb psychic watever shift,so she does what she is good at,and cresselia does what she is good at

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
What I think is pretty interesting is how Garchomp is the #1 most common teammate for every single given Pokemon on the suspect ladder.

What I think is pretty interesting is how Garchomp is the #1 most common teammate for every single given Pokemon on the suspect ladder.
Of course it is. With almost 80% usage, almost everything will have a Garchomp as a teammate by virtue of it's prevalence, not it's synergy. It's the same reason why Scizor is in the top 5 teammates for almost every single poke' in standard.

Charizard more common than Raikou? Heh..

wow. The Salamence drop shocked me. Dragonite and Aggron usage is still rising.
I would put Dragonite down to the addition of Extremespeed? Not sure about Aggron though. I realised a while ago that Salamence just isn't what it used to be. Dents from Stealth Rock combined with Scizor and Lucario finishing him off with Priority moves..

No. Dragonite isn't replacing Salamence, it is just getting used because of ExtremeSpeed and it is just a hype. Its usage will go down when the hype is over. In two months, it is probably below #30.

is anyone else noticing that this month there are an extraordinary amount of latias present. Next month i expect latias to be over 25% taking the second spot

No. Dragonite isn't replacing Salamence, it is just getting used because of ExtremeSpeed and it is just a hype. Its usage will go down when the hype is over. In two months, it is probably below #30.
I've also seen more interest in Dragonites, especially Leadnites now, just by looking at RMTs. Probably because the "standard" set was posted on its analysis. Choice Band + Extremespeed sets have not been very common, and Salamence still outclasses it as a sweeper.

Latias has always been one of the most used pokemon in OU. It can run many different sets and is probably the best counter to Dragon Dancers like Salamence and Gyarados.

In a sense it is replacing Salamence because of overlapping weaks/resists. It depends on the metagame, that will decide Dragonite's fate. If the metagame continues to use pokemon like Azelf/Aerodactyl, who rely on Focus Sash, Jirachi/Infernape, who rely on flinch, and Swampert/Metagross, who are bulky but can't OHKO Nite, then you likely won't see much of a change(in fact it will gain popularity as Roserade will force Metagross and other slower leads to possibly run Lum if they need their rocks).

Agreeing with the part that dragonite is not replacing salamence.
However, I wouldn't say ESNite is just a hype. CBNite is ok, DDESNite is ok (not too great but not too bad in my opinion), but the leadNite in my opinion is quite good (something mence just cannot do).

is anyone else noticing that this month there are an extraordinary amount of latias present. Next month i expect latias to be over 25% taking the second spot
I have to agree with this. Latias seems to be on almost every team that I play against these days. It's insanely versatile, as it's really effective on offense teams and stall, which you can't say about many other Pokemon.

And I can really see Blissey's usage dropping again next month. A few months ago, it was everywhere. Now it isn't even on all stall teams. I think that the physical dominance of the metagame has finally caught up with it.

If the metagame stays in this bulky offense stage for a while longer you may see DNite usage continue to rise. Its only real problem before was that it had poor speed but Extremespeed has helped with that. It has a great movepool, very good bulk, and an Atk stat that is 1 point less than Mence's. Mence has a better SAtk stat and has the better ability but is more frail overall. I wouldn't expect to see DNite surpass Mence in usage but I wouldn't be suprised to see more people use DNite for its bulk now that it has Extremespeed.

I'm guilty of using Dragonite. The mono-attacking Light Screen/Roost/Dragon Claw/Dragon Dance is still a real beast, and something Salamence can't do. Although lately I've been using SubPunch Nite to some success.

At first I thought the Adamant Orb on Beautifly could be for Tricking a useless item but it doesn't get that move at all so that makes no sense.

Blastoise doesn't have the power for a scarf Water Spout set but people try and make it a Kyogre clone. The Specs set is fairly useful though.

Hm, some interesting stats:

Scarf Blastoise using Water Spout??

And why are we using Effect Spore instead of Poison Heal??
Yes, scarfed Blastoise is for it's new Water Spout move

And sometimes people intend to either select the wrong ability for Breelom, or forget to set an ability, which means that Breloom gets Effect Spore

Speaking to the popularity of Roserade (and maybe Smeargle, and Machamp), it seems Lum Berry usage has skyrocketed over the last week. I've seen a spike in Machamp as well, leading me to believe he might break into the top 15. He is a fantastic Pokemon. RestTalker and Sub Machamp are very tough to bring down at almost any point in battle, and especially when Rocks are up.

Just on a side note everyone i noticed some people ignoring %useage when judging whever a pokemon was used less compared to the prievous moth I will give an example of how this is the wrong way of judging wever someone is using pokemon less or more.

swampert was used 12.96 last month but now it's 12.87 meaning it's used less relitivtily speaking but it's ranking has gone up yet it's used less.

Since when is 12.86 > 12.87?

Besides that I understand what you mean. People should take more than one piece of information into consideration.

Latias is an awesome revenge killer for dragon dancers and is not weak to stealth rock nor has the quad-Ice weakness. It's Speed and Defenses may have contributed to it's increased usage.

I'm not surprised at the Salamence drop at all: if you think about it, neither should you. Salamence has to contend with Dragonite, and as Dragonite has been well overhyped, Sala drops. You don't use those two both on the same team.

3 or 4 months ago, I said that if HG and SS gave Dragonite Extreamspeed, then it would be well hyped, but in the end would only be used on 1 or 2 sets after the hype dies down. I still stand by that.

Really, I'm surprised Salamence didn't drop sooner, with all the CB'd Bullet Punches running around and the many pokemon that outspeed Salamence. I think the thing that kept him up there was how ensconced Salamence has become as the #1 dragon. As people have realized how good Latias is, and how many pokemon she counters, Salamence has finally dropped and Latias has taken over. If Garchomp becomes OU it'll be interesting to see how the threesome interacts.

WHAT! Mence at 6th place is crazy, he has been second for an extremely long time. Also, Togekiss and Porygon-Z have very low usage statistics, and I'm quite surprised. Togekiss is a great paraflich pokemon, and Scarf-Z destroys so many things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)