1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Information & Resources' started by IronBullet, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Shahdow

Shahdow Banned deucer.

If it's unused then what's the point of having it shown?
  2. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This is part of the XenForo forum system as stated here. To my knowledge it isn't a straight forward button change whether or not to display it and will require changing the forum code. We did hide the number of likes from being shown in the user profile with such a workaround but this was an active decision made by the staff.

However, don't do more than what's necessary and the trophy points are left untouched and visible, in case we ever decide to use them (which is quite possible) so that we don't have to mess with forum code as much as possible.

Hope that answers your queries :)
  3. therealslap

therealslap

Hi! I'm trying to use a gif as an avatar, but it doesn't work. The Gif's size is under 100 kb and fits the proportions.
    The Error message says it's size is more than 100 kb. I don't get why it says that.

I also found a similar question being asked earlier in this thread and couldn't find an answer to it.

Thanks in Advance! :)
  4. Arcanine is Regal

Arcanine is Regal formerly MegaScizor

How do I stop getting emails when a conversation gets a new message, I ant find it in alert preferences.
  5. anto

anto shiba = waifu <3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

It should be in contact details
  6. Shahdow

Shahdow Banned deucer.

Can mods see PMs between 2 users even if they're not in it? Like if I wanted to PM a girl something sexual, would they know about it?
  7. Celticpride

Celticpride Some legends are told
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    RMT Co-Leader

Bye bye.
    Bluxio, Shurtugal, Eden. and 43 others like this.
  8. Oraim

Oraim

Are there any Pokemon showdown tournament that I can participate? If there is a thread for it, can someone provide me a link to it?
  9. Stevan's Sceptile

Stevan's Sceptile

On pokemon showdown, u can take part in tournaments in the tournaments chatroom. There's always a tour going on there. In other individual chatrooms also there may be occasional tours. hope this is what u're looking for.
    Oraim likes this.
  10. Oraim

Oraim

I was looking for a tournament thread here at Smogon. But I didn't know that in showdown I can participate also by going to the chat room. Well thanks.
    Stevan's Sceptile likes this.
  11. Drew

Drew Je ne parle pas français
    is a Pre-Contributor

there are a plethora of tours in this forum you can participate in, just wait for one to open up for sign-ups.
  12. JohnnyE1207

JohnnyE1207

is there any specific forum where I can introduce myself and possibly get a mentor for battling and teambuilding techniques?
  13. Quantum Tesseract

Quantum Tesseract Science!

14. MFJr King

MFJr King

I don't know if I can ask this kind of question but I would like to know how to participate to a smogon tournament.
  15. Stevan's Sceptile

Stevan's Sceptile

16. MFJr King

MFJr King

17. Martin

Martin Maze Runner
    is a Live Chat Contributor

Just keep reducing the gif's height one pixel at a time (leave width blank) with the tool below and keep trying to upload until you can get it to work. This is a little quirk where Xenforo and the computer that the image is saved on recognise file sizes and dimensions slightly differently to one another (probably due to compression reasons). IIRC for unbadged users it starts working once you get the height to around ≤150 px (can't remember the exact number), so that's a good place to start.

http://ezgif.com/resize
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Oraim, nv, Eden. and 1 other person like this.
  18. therealslap

therealslap

Thank you. It worked :)
  19. joker_penguin

joker_penguin

Hi. I am currently creating an Alternate Reality Game based in Pokemon Showdown text files. I was wondering to open a thread in Technical Projects area, but my project is not about programming, instead it is about implementing the simulator in a real life context. May a post that thread in Technical Project?
  20. Cutefluffysheep

Cutefluffysheep

How do I turn the "Last Seen" thing on and off?
  21. Quantum Tesseract

22. Cutefluffysheep

Cutefluffysheep

23. Quantum Tesseract

upload_2017-2-10_20-43-5.png
    It is not.
  24. Cutefluffysheep

Cutefluffysheep

Oh ok so it's only there for me. Thank you!
  25. joker_penguin

joker_penguin

Hi again.
    I will ask my question here... I think it is not a simple question, but after examining all threads, I think this is the best site for it...

So...
    I am a youth monitor of 11-13 years old students. In my club, we want to use pokemon showdown through an alternate reality game (ARG) to motivate our boys to participate in our activities and to be polite.

In this games, our students earn points weekly (I will not explain how because it would take me a lot of time). With this points, they have to choose one of the following weekly actions: capture pokemon, train pokemon, challenge other trainers or Gymn Leads, exchange pokémon with other trainers, and so on.

Our association will have two pokemon showdown accounts with the information of all the trainers teams. To simplify, we will play without objects.

The initial level of starter and wild pokemons is 50. When they train a pokemon o win a batle, their pokémon will level up. How many levels could a pokemon gain without affecting the balance? For example, if a level 50 pokemon is trained and gain 10 levels, the next week it can be overpowered. By the other hand, if a level 50 is trained and gain only 1 level, trainers can think it worths more to capture new pokemons instead of train your owns ones.

Thank you very much.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)