1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Information & Resources' started by IronBullet, Sep 13, 2016.

1. EngyAlkeKengy!

EngyAlkeKengy!

I'm new here, so what does it mean that I have insufficient privileges to post? Ho do I achieve enough "privileges"?
  2. david0895

david0895

It depends from the type of the post.
    One example is the suspect vote where only the players who get the requirements can post their vote.
    In the policy review, instead only expert players and well known users can reply to the post.
    Anyway if the post is well done, it says why you can't reply
  3. EngyAlkeKengy!

EngyAlkeKengy!

I didn't explain it well… i can post in other threads, but i can't open one. "you have insufficient privileges to post" is the message that i see in the bottom of the page
  4. sin(pi)

sin(pi) lucky n bad

I'm assuming you are trying to start a new thread?
    Certain (well, most of them, let's be honest) subforums require you to have a moderator's approval to post a thread. Some of them outright prevent you from posting unless you are a mod or a smod (super mod) - for example, this subforum.
    Becoming a mod requires being a good user, contributing, being homosexual, etc, and for a member of staff to notice that.
    Hawkie, Luna, Rakan and 2 others like this.
  5. sumwun

sumwun

What can I have in an RMT to make it more likely to become RMT of the week?
  6. woofmasterarf

woofmasterarf formerly Stacy Ritter

7. Drew

Drew formerly LitsYaBoi1337
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Read the OP of this and it should tell you! Also vote for my friend OP.
    Ya sometimes it does take quite a while, but you shouldn't double post or annoy staff about it, they'll get to it eventually!
    woofmasterarf likes this.
  8. I am a Dragonite

I am a Dragonite

I dont know if this is the place to ask but:

Im probably being stupid but, when uploading a GIF avatar, it says no more than 100kb, but the file im trying to upload is only 57kb, is this something on my end or the site, or can i bypass using gavitar ?
  9. Conni

Conni

With a gif, there is another hidden requirement other than being lower than 100K, the requirement is that the gif has to be smaller than 200x200. I have tried this before and it has worked before but quality might not be as good. Although if you have a badge or have badge privileges then you can bypass all of this as you are allowed to use big files for your profile picture. Hope I answered your question!
    I am a Dragonite likes this.
  10. Drew

Drew formerly LitsYaBoi1337
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Why is it that when you "Preview" a post or thread, it doesn't expand to around the size that it would be in a post? i.e. this post currently looks like this, but in a thread it won't take up a full line.
  11. Festus_Returns

Festus_Returns

yea, i noticed that too when i was writing my RMT. it makes the text box smaller, so that it seems like it makes up 1-2 lines of text but in reality it's 3-4.
    idk why they made it like that... i would ask a super mod or someone who knows a lot about the website
  12. Leo

Leo you are badges will get stripped
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Is the "excuse our look during redesign" thing an inside joke or is the site actually gonna be re-designed?
  13. sedertz

sedertz

Not sure if this was answered, but Team Preview is a in-game mechanic, not a decision on the end of Smogon. In-Game, Team Preview shows the 6 Pokemon, whether or not they are holding an item, and whether they are shiny or not. We follow this mechanic.
    woofmasterarf likes this.
  14. sumwun

sumwun

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but where can I find a full list of abilities that have been modified in each generation?
  15. Azuuli

Azuuli

It'd be nice to be able to remove users from conversations on Smogon. Sometimes wrong users get added to staff convos or resign and itd be easier to have the option to remove them rather than having to make a new conversation when too many former staff pile up in one. I know the option for the user who resigns to leave the convo but itd also be nice to have the option to remove them.
  16. antemortem

antemortem
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    PS Policy Head

Unfortunately, this concerns a portion of Xenforo we are in no position to modify. Fortunately the upcoming version of Xenforo has several new tools for conversations, this among them, so if we update in the future you will finally be able to kick troublemakers out of your convos.
  17. ThatRandomPerson42

ThatRandomPerson42

I know this sounds minor and stupid, but can we perhaps add fainting Pokemon cries to PS? Or are simple minor suggestions not allowed?
  18. Elec.

Elec. (BARN ME PLEASE)
    is a Pre-Contributor

this would go on the pokemon showdown suggestions thread, and the pokemon already say their cry when they faint so its already there.
    ThatRandomPerson42 and Drew like this.
  19. ThatRandomPerson42

ThatRandomPerson42

Actually, they're not deeper tone cries like these:

20. woofmasterarf

woofmasterarf formerly Stacy Ritter

So when viewing a member profile, there an option that say PS Rank. It always says available soon, but its been like that for a while. Does anyone have an idea on when it will be implemented?
  21. Kris

Kris
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

the person who was going to implement it retired, so it isnt likely happening
  22. LightningLord2

LightningLord2

Can somebody find me an old article I once read on smogon? All I remember is that it was about misconceptions about playing Pokémon competitively and that it referred to Regice as a hunk of ice you'd scrape off of your car's windshield.
  23. sumwun

sumwun

This is the closest one I could find: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue41/original-legendaries
  24. ToadBrigade

ToadBrigade

Probably not the best example of how accepting of newer players Smogon is now http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue23/ladder_players
    Drew, Sondero and Elec. like this.
  25. I Like Pie!

I Like Pie!

Could someone please tell me where/how I can access signature edit/deletion option?

I made this account quite a long time back and put a signature to try it out. Can't seem to change/remove it at all anymore.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

1. Max. Optimizer