Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Quick question, are specific Pokémon more likely to have certain better iv’s? Like would a Chancey be more likely to have a better HP iv, just as a random example. I’m pretty sure that they’re not but I wanted to check before potentially wasting another 6 hours trying to find the wrong Pokémon. And Google didn’t come up with anything so...

Also, LegoFigure11, I tried to use that other thread for this but it said it was closed off and no longer open for replies.

LegoFigure11

#GiveWaluigiHisOwnGame
is a Community Contributor
Quick question, are specific Pokémon more likely to have certain better iv’s? Like would a Chancey be more likely to have a better HP iv, just as a random example. I’m pretty sure that they’re not but I wanted to check before potentially wasting another 6 hours trying to find the wrong Pokémon. And Google didn’t come up with anything so...

Also, LegoFigure11, I tried to use that other thread for this but it said it was closed off and no longer open for replies.
tldr no, it's complete random chance and no mon is more likely to have certain IVs than any other, with the exception of wild-caught Pokemon in the Undiscovered Egg Group - these are guaranteed to have 31 IVs in at least 3 of their stats. However as you are talking about breeding, the only real practical use of this is catching wild Baby Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y (from ORAS onwards they no long have 3 guaranteed 31's for Baby Pokemon) and then evolving them to use as higher IV'd parents.

Re: SQSR thread - you missed the old one by only a few hours. It has since been closed and a new one has been reopened, which can be found here.

Jellicent

is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ruiner of Alph
is it possible for Ultra Necrozma to use its Z move at the very first turn when it changes form? or does it need to become Ultra Necrozma and then use its Z move at the second turn?

Any chance we can get the page navigation links above the posts back on the mobile site? Kind of annoying to have to scroll all the way through a page to get to them at the bottom now, especially since the “jump to new” button doesn’t show up if you’re not logged in so there’s no fast way to skip to the end of a thread.

I mean threads I'm watching with new posts I have not seen yet. It was next to the 'watched threads' link in the old format.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/whats-new/posts/666/ This link appears to be the closest to the unread thread list. It's the watched list but filters only threads with unread posts. Only problem is that it contains even threads that have been 'unwatched' that I'm not following anymore for some reason.

hey guys, just a quick question regarding Pokemon Sun - The Battle Tree
A mate and I were single battling, we had a Toucannon out vsing a Lycanroc.
Lyc used its z power - Continental Crush. It went through the cutscene and then it missed and did nothing to Toucannon?
Has anyone got a explanation to this? Pls