Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hey guys and Happy Thanksgiving(apologies if you're reading this after Thanksgiving lol its 2 days before thanksgiving at the time of this post)! So I was wondering, how do you link something without putting the actual url in a message/signature, e.g. a link to someone's youtube channel saying "Youtube" in ur signature, but when ppl click on it they are sent to the person's Youtube channel, and it doesn't show a url, just text. If u could tell me the code to do that, I would definitely be thankful! :P Peace out.
In case you don't know what the hyperlink button is, this is it:
upload_2016-11-25_22-25-30.png
. Just highlight the text you want to be clicked on, click on the "link" button (one on the left), and insert link.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
sorry i searched there and it only talks about tournaments, giveaways and people trading cloned pokemon
If you can't find anything in the WiFi subforum - you should be able to, though - I suggest trying the WiFi room on PS!. There might be someone there you can organise a trade with and a roomauth said that the room is the best place (after the subforum) to go to for trading queries. However, the room is on autoconfirmed modchat for the time being, so you'll need to have an account that is autoconfirmed (>1 week old and won at least a battle) in order to speak there. If you have any questions/problems with regards to the room, speak to a member of staff (%/@/#). Hope this helps!

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
sorry i searched there and it only talks about tournaments, giveaways and people trading cloned pokemon
You can request some help in our simple questions/requests thread in Wi-Fi :) Alternatively you can PM me (click on my username > click Start a Conversation) or VM (click my username > click Profile Page > write your comment) when you're around again and I can help you evolve your Kadabra if you still need help.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When will we be able to post a RMT in the Sun and Moon Format?
We'll be creating the new forums soon - we haven't yet because the metagame is still very new and volatile and our team raters need to get accustomed to it first before they can properly rate SM teams, otherwise there's not much point. The forums will be up in the next few days but in the meantime you're still welcome to post SM RMTs now in the existing ORAS forum. We'll move it to the new forum once it's created.

Hello, new member here, although I have lurked on Smogon for a long time.

I have decided to try my hand at competitive this year for the first time and was wondering what would be the best place to discuss my potential VGC '17 pkmn team?

Hi all! I'm a new member here, but used to lurk these forums a few years back. I dabbled in standard competitive battling back in gen 4, and am interested in getting back into it after playing Pokemon Sun. However, it's been years and I know the game has changed a ton. Where can I go to learn about the new metagame and competitive environment?

Conni

katharsis
Hi all! I'm a new member here, but used to lurk these forums a few years back. I dabbled in standard competitive battling back in gen 4, and am interested in getting back into it after playing Pokemon Sun. However, it's been years and I know the game has changed a ton. Where can I go to learn about the new metagame and competitive environment?

Hai! Welcome back to Smogon!

Here's the gen 7 competitive discussion subforum(s)!

although it is also somewhat similar to gen 6 so you should check out this as well, as the mechanics from gen 4 greatly changed and is quite different from gen6/gen7.

Hope I helped!

Hi, I've been lurking in the battledex for a while, but never really got involved.

I'm a data analyst by trade, and I'm interested in doing analytics on pokemon, partly because of my genuine interest in the video game, but also out of my desire to develop examples of the analytics techniques and my own skills on 'openish' data. I was wondering if there was a method to download text versions of the battle logs from Pokemon showdown? I see that there are replays published but I havn't (yet) found a way of getting at the data underneath them.

i'm pretty much in the same boat as you. i have played so much platinum and now playing as much of moon as i can. for now since the game is new theres only so much stuff that people are just starting to find and discussing but if you go to the orange island section at the top there is a link to a bunch of sun and moon threads which should keep you covered. if youre interested in playing with me just add my 3DS friend code:)

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I've been lurking in the battledex for a while, but never really got involved.

I'm a data analyst by trade, and I'm interested in doing analytics on pokemon, partly because of my genuine interest in the video game, but also out of my desire to develop examples of the analytics techniques and my own skills on 'openish' data. I was wondering if there was a method to download text versions of the battle logs from Pokemon showdown? I see that there are replays published but I havn't (yet) found a way of getting at the data underneath them.
Hi, welcome to Smogon! We do collect stats from the simulator; tiers are usage based anyway. You may wish to refer to this thread . As stated in it, you won't be able to get raw logs and stuff. But you're free to use data from http://www.smogon.com/stats/

Hope this helps you!

Hi, maybe this is the wrong place to post this, but after trying to send a message in the NeverUsed room on PS, my message was deleted and I was sent this message:
Due to spam from your ISP, you can't speak except to staff. I think it has something to do with my Internet Service Provider (unless it's a different abbreviation) Does anyone know how to fix this or know where I can receive more help regarding this? Thanks, and have a nice day :)

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi, maybe this is the wrong place to post this, but after trying to send a message in the NeverUsed room on PS, my message was deleted and I was sent this message:
Due to spam from your ISP, you can't speak except to staff. I think it has something to do with my Internet Service Provider (unless it's a different abbreviation) Does anyone know how to fix this or know where I can receive more help regarding this? Thanks, and have a nice day :)
These types of questions belong in the Pokemon Showdown SQSA thread. As for your problem, a lot of users get caught in the spam filter; I recall this happening to me once before. Speaking to a global mod and explaining what's happened should lead to you being unsemilocked. Hope this helps!

I need some advice. Myself and a LOT of other users are trying to discuss a suspect testing of Stealth Rock. But whenever the subject is raised and healthy discussion is bad amongst members, the posts are deleted by Mods and we are told we need to message specific people if we want our opinions heard.

I have a growing list of 60+ members who want our voices heard in an approapriate medium and we don't want to be messed around anymore. Where can we post our argument? I don't have privileges to post in the policy review section

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I need some advice. Myself and a LOT of other users are trying to discuss a suspect testing of Stealth Rock. But whenever the subject is raised and healthy discussion is bad amongst members, the posts are deleted by Mods and we are told we need to message specific people if we want our opinions heard.

I have a growing list of 60+ members who want our voices heard in an approapriate medium and we don't want to be messed around anymore. Where can we post our argument? I don't have privileges to post in the policy review section
Suspecting Stealth Rock has been a very heated topic and many arguments have been presented for and against suspecting it. This thread was recently created discussing the move, and many users expressed why it should/n't be banned. If you haven't so already, I advise you to read it. Hope this helped!

Suspecting Stealth Rock has been a very heated topic and many arguments have been presented for and against suspecting it. This thread was recently created discussing the move, and many users expressed why it should/n't be banned. If you haven't so already, I advise you to read it. Hope this helped!
Please stop linking me to a section I can't post in! (For whatever reason)

Why do you think this issue keeps coming up?

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Please stop linking me to a section I can't post in! (For whatever reason)

Why do you think this issue keeps coming up?
You can't post it in, yes, but you can certainly read the thread and understand why certain users (don't) want to ban it. If you're really eager to post, though, afaik you can share your thoughts with someone that has posted in the thread (preferably someone with a similar opinion) and they can quote you there.

It is a rule of UT, as it is with every metagame subforum, that you can't discuss suspects there, outside of suspect threads or when specified. It's written here clear as day. I really don't understand what is so hard to understand about that. PR is invite only (not badge only!!!) to ensure some standard of high quality discussion. And for the love of God PM me already, I mentioned that when I deleted your post, and my last post of the metagame discussion thread.

You can't post it in, yes, but you can certainly read the thread and understand why certain users (don't) want to ban it. If you're really eager to post, though, afaik you can share your thoughts with someone that has posted in the thread (preferably someone with a similar opinion) and they can quote you there.
Quote me? Why can't everyone have their say themselves? I've played Pokémon for 20 years, several of those years on smogon, and I have an opinion that's valid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)