Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I suggest you PM Celtic if you have any further questions like they said!
I PM'd him. I'm not a troll or shit poster. I'm seeking a place to discuss a valid issue and the politics of this forum make it almost impossible. I just want to know where I can post my legit argument.

How can I change my forum signature? My current signature is embarrassing, I stopped using Pokesav years ago.

I've put a considerable amount of time into looking for the option, and I've found how to edit just about everything but my signature.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How can I change my forum signature? My current signature is embarrassing, I stopped using Pokesav years ago.

I've put a considerable amount of time into looking for the option, and I've found how to edit just about everything but my signature.
hover over your name in the top right and click on signature
Edit @ below: http://prnt.sc/df4q05 http://prntscr.com/df4q55
Two different spots where it shows up for me, I don't know why you don't have an option

Last edited:
hover over your name in the top right and click on signature
That option doesn't appear to exist. Am I looking in the wrong menu? Screenshot--->http://i.imgur.com/h5e4VmW.png

Edit: I considered it could be a browser compatibility issue so I logged in using Firefox instead of Chrome, but nope, the option still isn't in the menu that presents itself when I hover over my username in the top-right corner. Firefox screenshot---> http://i.imgur.com/d9D4tiB.png

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That option doesn't appear to exist. Am I looking in the wrong menu? Screenshot--->http://i.imgur.com/h5e4VmW.png

Edit: I considered it could be a browser compatibility issue so I logged in using Firefox instead of Chrome, but nope, the option still isn't in the menu that presents itself when I hover over my username in the top-right corner. Firefox screenshot---> http://i.imgur.com/d9D4tiB.png
http://www.smogon.com/forums/account/signature

Try clicking that^ If that doesn't work, I'm stumped.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/account/signature

Try clicking that^ If that doesn't work, I'm stumped.
You are my savior, thank you! I think my account had a strange quirk that was keeping the "signature" menu item hidden, somehow. I haven't logged in to this account for years, and I know the whole forum has switched to a different site-webhost-thing. The quirk/problem was probably caused by porting this old, disused account between services, but when I visited the signature page with the direct link the problem fixed itself and now the menu option is where it should be, matching what Montsegur's screenshots show. *shrug*

Is there a bug report thread? This is definitely a bug, and the programmers might be interested in this happening and my screenshots.

New screenshot featuring signature option now where it should be--->http://i.imgur.com/N5zwhEN.png

Edit: Is there a limit on forum accounts that requires a certain minimum number of posts before the account's signature can be edited? I know some websites limit certain account functionality like that for new accounts.

This accounts signature was established years ago, but I had never made any forum posts. If a minimum post limit had been imposed between the time this account's signature was added and the theoretical signature restriction then this account would have been barred from having access to the signature option; intending to prevent new and therefor possible spam accounts from creating signatures, but in my case simply barring access to removing or editing the existing signature of my account.

Last edited:
I had a suggestion for a feature on here. This forum is practically identical to another forum I use, UI and everything. There should be a feature where posting in a thread auto-watches the thread like on the other forum so that you get emails when someone posts in a discussion you're a part of.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I had a suggestion for a feature on here. This forum is practically identical to another forum I use, UI and everything. There should be a feature where posting in a thread auto-watches the thread like on the other forum so that you get emails when someone posts in a discussion you're a part of.
You get alerts everytime you post in a thread, if you want emails you have to turn it on in your settings. Although it gets really spammy so i wouldn't recommend it.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This function already exists. Go to Preferences and it will be the first under Options.

This is going to sound like a supremely noobish question, but is there anywhere I can see the number of likes I've gotten? I can find where I find all the singular likes, but I can't seem to find anywhere I can look at the total number of em'.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is going to sound like a supremely noobish question, but is there anywhere I can see the number of likes I've gotten? I can find where I find all the singular likes, but I can't seem to find anywhere I can look at the total number of em'.
Go to your profile page, under your avatar, right click-> inspect element. There's a section where it'll say:

HTML:
<!--<dl><dt>Likes Received:</dt><dd>some number here</dd></dl>-->

Go to your profile page, under your avatar, right click-> inspect element. There's a section where it'll say:

HTML:
<!--<dl><dt>Likes Received:</dt><dd>some number here</dd></dl>-->
R.I.P me then, I use a school Chromebook, and the school blocked us from using Inspect Element.

Shouldn't it show right next to your username on the forum list, below postcount?

sandshrewz

POTATO
Shouldn't it show right next to your username on the forum list, below postcount?
I completely forgot about that! Idunno if it's a permission thing where people don't see it though. Anyway the inspect element thing is just a workaround for whoever can't see it in the main forum page then.

Question; so there's the Smeargle Studio for art, digital art and all that. What about for musicians? I'm a musician, and want to be able to share some of my work with y'all. Would I just post that in Smeargle as well? Also if musical contributions were needed for any of Smogon's media, I'd be happy to pitch in and assist.

Deleted User 370028

Banned deucer.
  • I am new to competitive Pokemon. I am looking for a single format which does not include legendary pokemons. On the other hand I want to have a large pool of pokemon. Which format fits for me?
  • How do I learn competitive Pokemon effectively?

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
  • I am new to competitive Pokemon. I am looking for a single format which does not include legendary pokemons. On the other hand I want to have a large pool of pokemon. Which format fits for me?
  • How do I learn competitive Pokemon effectively?
  • It depends on your definition of Legendary. If you mean "cover legends", ie stuff like Rayquaza, Groudon, Palkia, etc, then you will probably be fine with OU or UU. If you extend the definition to include 600 BST mons such as Mew, Victini, Landorus, etc, I'd suggest RU (which doesn't exist in Gen 7 yet but you can find the Gen 6 subforum here. If you also include things like Articuno, Suicune, Uxie, etc, then you probably won't find a tier which suits you - a lot of these legendaries are actually not very good thanks to a number of factors which I'm too lazy to go into here.
  • Battling 101 is the best place to look. There are a bunch of rooms on PS! which might also be of use, but off the top of my head I couldn't point you to the right ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)