Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

In the "Rate my Team" forums, There is a format for posting your team that is common/agreed on. I wish to follow the same format for my posting on the forums, but I don't know how people put the models of their Pokemon before they list all of their information on that Pokemon. How exactly would I do this?
You go
[ img ] link to Pokémon image [ / Img ]
But without the spaces.
You can get images here https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/

Hi
I been on the Pokemon Showdown Wi Fi chat poking around for anyone with an HP Fire Magnemite to no avail. Been trying to breed it myself, but HP is currently beyond my scope :(
Anyway, I'll be starting a tournament with friends pretty soon and I'm starting to get frantic, so here I am on a weird forum. This seems like a safe place to post for now until I find the thread for this specific purpose.

Hi
I been on the Pokemon Showdown Wi Fi chat poking around for anyone with an HP Fire Magnemite to no avail. Been trying to breed it myself, but HP is currently beyond my scope :(
Anyway, I'll be starting a tournament with friends pretty soon and I'm starting to get frantic, so here I am on a weird forum. This seems like a safe place to post for now until I find the thread for this specific purpose.
Somewhere in here, there is probably a trade thread with it:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/wi-fi.53/

Someone withone might check this thread, but if you have time constraints it's better to be proactive.

Through SOS battles. When a wild Pokemon calls for help, there is a chance that the arriving Pokemon has its hidden ability. Use a Pokemon with trace to identify the ability of said Pokemon.
thx i needed that thats cool want a snow warning team with ninetales and slush rush sandslash

Hey, my dudes. I'm the new bro here. Can a smogonite show me the ropes around here? Like maybe suggesting some movesets for some of my favorite mons? Id like to help

Yes. I'm referring to that. I've been waiting for a response for nearly a month. I already made the first appeal but it got denied so I waited a few months to create the second one. I was permalocked a long time ago and have been trying to get unlocked for a while now.
They still haven't responded. Did the staff forget about this or something?

Just a simple question:
Which abilities benefit from terrains? I know of Raichu's Surge Surfer and Gogoat's Grass Pelt, but are there more?

Just a simple question:
Which abilities benefit from terrains? I know of Raichu's Surge Surfer and Gogoat's Grass Pelt, but are there more?
Outside of stuff that doesn't benefit directly, like how adaptability on an electric type would "benefit" from Electric Terrain, no, those are the only two.

So I joined the site in 2007 and did some breeding and trading back then. I had a trade thread (link is still in my sig). I just came back to the site recently. I believe there was a purge of old threads sometime after 2007. Is there any way of viewing an archived version of the trading thread (and the other thread) in my signature? I've a load of good IV and EV trained Pokemon scattered on Platinum and other games but have long forgotten their exact IVs and EVs. The threads in my signature would go a long way to helping me figure stuff out if there was any way of viewing them.

Sorry if this is a silly question xD

If me and a friend sent eachother pastebins of eachother's teams, would there be some way of verifying that he is using that exact team in our battle (so he doesnt put an extra 10 Speed EV's on his Garchomp for example)?

If so, is there a way to run a long-term (days) tourney with my friends, wherein they must submit a single team which they will use at the beginning which the host can verify?

So I joined the site in 2007 and did some breeding and trading back then. I had a trade thread (link is still in my sig). I just came back to the site recently. I believe there was a purge of old threads sometime after 2007. Is there any way of viewing an archived version of the trading thread (and the other thread) in my signature? I've a load of good IV and EV trained Pokemon scattered on Platinum and other games but have long forgotten their exact IVs and EVs. The threads in my signature would go a long way to helping me figure stuff out if there was any way of viewing them.

Sorry if this is a silly question xD
Sadly, it looks like the thread has been hard deleted. Smogon has seen several changes over the years, including forum software changes, and that might have resulted in some older threads getting lost in the shuffle.

Can someone explain to me in fair detail how to post the gifs of a Pokémon in a post? I have been searching for a while without any luck. Thanks in advance

this is an interesting question but lets say i had out tapu fini and sent out a tapu bulu with misty seed would that seed activate before the terrain change or would it just be a useless item?

If I made a RMT post about gen 7 OU, and I slightly tweaked the team for gen 7 pokebank OU (I peaked on both ladders), would it be acceptable to make a new RMT post about the improved team? It's technically a different metagame but I don't want to get it locked for redundancy or something. If anyone knows, let me know, thanks. Also if this isn't the appropriate thread for this sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)