Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Shahdow

Banned deucer.
Can mods see PMs between 2 users even if they're not in it? Like if I wanted to PM a girl something sexual, would they know about it?

Are there any Pokemon showdown tournament that I can participate? If there is a thread for it, can someone provide me a link to it?

On pokemon showdown, u can take part in tournaments in the tournaments chatroom. There's always a tour going on there. In other individual chatrooms also there may be occasional tours. hope this is what u're looking for.

On pokemon showdown, u can take part in tournaments in the tournaments chatroom. There's always a tour going on there. In other individual chatrooms also there may be occasional tours. hope this is what u're looking for.
I was looking for a tournament thread here at Smogon. But I didn't know that in showdown I can participate also by going to the chat room. Well thanks.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I'm trying to use a gif as an avatar, but it doesn't work. The Gif's size is under 100 kb and fits the proportions.
The Error message says it's size is more than 100 kb. I don't get why it says that.

I also found a similar question being asked earlier in this thread and couldn't find an answer to it.

Thanks in Advance! :)
Just keep reducing the gif's height one pixel at a time (leave width blank) with the tool below and keep trying to upload until you can get it to work. This is a little quirk where Xenforo and the computer that the image is saved on recognise file sizes and dimensions slightly differently to one another (probably due to compression reasons). IIRC for unbadged users it starts working once you get the height to around ≤150 px (can't remember the exact number), so that's a good place to start.

http://ezgif.com/resize

Last edited:
Just keep reducing the gif's height one pixel at a time (leave width blank) with the tool below and keep trying to upload until you can get it to work. This is a little quirk where Xenforo and the computer that the image is saved on recognise file sizes and dimensions slightly differently to one another (probably due to compression reasons). IIRC for unbadged users it starts working once you get the height to around ≤150 px (can't remember the exact number), so that's a good place to start.

http://ezgif.com/resize
Thank you. It worked :)

Hi. I am currently creating an Alternate Reality Game based in Pokemon Showdown text files. I was wondering to open a thread in Technical Projects area, but my project is not about programming, instead it is about implementing the simulator in a real life context. May a post that thread in Technical Project?

Hi again.
I will ask my question here... I think it is not a simple question, but after examining all threads, I think this is the best site for it...

So...
I am a youth monitor of 11-13 years old students. In my club, we want to use pokemon showdown through an alternate reality game (ARG) to motivate our boys to participate in our activities and to be polite.

In this games, our students earn points weekly (I will not explain how because it would take me a lot of time). With this points, they have to choose one of the following weekly actions: capture pokemon, train pokemon, challenge other trainers or Gymn Leads, exchange pokémon with other trainers, and so on.

Our association will have two pokemon showdown accounts with the information of all the trainers teams. To simplify, we will play without objects.

The initial level of starter and wild pokemons is 50. When they train a pokemon o win a batle, their pokémon will level up. How many levels could a pokemon gain without affecting the balance? For example, if a level 50 pokemon is trained and gain 10 levels, the next week it can be overpowered. By the other hand, if a level 50 is trained and gain only 1 level, trainers can think it worths more to capture new pokemons instead of train your owns ones.

Thank you very much.

Hi everyone, I'm having a issue on showdown because everytime I try connecting this error pops:

"Your IP (xx.xx.xx.xx) is not allowed to connect to PS, because it has been used to spam, hack, or otherwise attack our server. Make sure you are not using any proxies to connect to PS."

I can assure you I had never tried any hack or spam on this site, and I would like to solve this problem, please.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi everyone, I'm having a issue on showdown because everytime I try connecting this error pops:

"Your IP (xx.xx.xx.xx) is not allowed to connect to PS, because it has been used to spam, hack, or otherwise attack our server. Make sure you are not using any proxies to connect to PS."

I can assure you I had never tried any hack or spam on this site, and I would like to solve this problem, please.
Are you using VPN, or a shared connection such as in school?

Hello newbies like myself I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me build a team I'm a breeder so battling is very hard for me I offfera reward of 6 shinies to anyone that's willing to help

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No I'm just using my home regular wifi :v
Have a look at the Discipline Appeals Rules and then submit it as shown in the thread.

Hello newbies like myself I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me build a team I'm a breeder so battling is very hard for me I offfera reward of 6 shinies to anyone that's willing to help
Are you referring to requesting for Pokemon after you know what you want or how to build a team from scratch?

What do I do after I read the rules how do I let the mods know I read them?
You don't need to inform anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 8)