Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

1. The ability Magic Bounce, does it bounce back things that have occurred previously? (For example: if three turns prior to the current one the opponent had used Stealth Rock and I was using Rattata and I switch into Espeon that has MB on the current turn.)
2. Let's say I have a random Rock Pokemon with Study that is also holding a Focus Sash, the opponent attacks with Surf which would OHKO me. Does Focus Sash get used?

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
1st question: no, it doesn't bounce effects that are already on your side of the field. If a Magic Bounce Pokemon switches and Stealth Rock is already on the field, they will incur damage and the rocks will remain on that side of the field. However if they switch into the move as its used they will bounce the Stealth Rock without taking any damage.

Hi. Your previous question, if I'm not mistaken was, "Will we ever be able to sort the strategy dex by pokemon number again?", right? Currently, the strategy dex [screenshot provided] is in alphabetical order for our convenience. If you want to find a Pokemon, you can just do CTRL+F and then type in the Pokemon Name [screenshot provided].

Is that a no?

Possibly never, since very few people contribute to past generations analyses nowadays. I would assume by the fact that it hasn't recieved an analysis yet that it isn't really very good, and that it isn't really a high priority to give it an analysis for R/B
Anything I can do to encourage it?

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
How do you all know so much about Pokemon? Like I get that it's a lot of playing and research but where do I begin with researching?
You learn more and more as you get older, but websites just like the forums, or Bulbapedia, they all help providing you with knowledge about it. As you battle, you learn from your mistakes and get better. It takes time, practice, and research to know a lot.

How do you all know so much about Pokemon? Like I get that it's a lot of playing and research but where do I begin with researching?
You learn as you fail and you learn after a lot of research and a great place to start researching is either Smogon's Competitive Dex or just YouTube.

Last edited:

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why is my number of posts incorrectly displayed? It seems stuck at 20, but in reality I've made 64 posts (inc. this one).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)