Smogon Snake Draft I - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion

Artwork by Bummer

Smogon Snake Draft

>>> Player Spreadsheet <<<
All players must sign up if they wish to play in the Smogon Snake Draft. It is important to note that the Smogon Snake Draft is an 8 week event and that the activity level of a player is significant. Do not sign up to play for a team if you do not intend to see the tournament through to the end. This includes maintaining a competitive attitude if your team is already eliminated from playoff contention. You never know whether or not winning your end-season matches will make you a more valued player next season, so even if your team isn’t necessarily in the playoff picture anymore, there’s always value in playing your best. Failure to complete matches in a timely manner consistently may result in being barred from entering the Smogon Snake Draft and other team tournaments in future seasons.

The format for signing up to play in the Smogon Snake Draft is as follows:

Player Name: Luigi
Tiers Played: SM OU / SM RU / SM NU
Timezone : GMT-3
Significant Time Missed?: Yes, (2 weeks in September, exams)
It is absolutely pivotal that you sign up using the above format, as we will use an external tool to parse signups and push into the spreadsheets.

The sign-up list will then be taken and sorted into appropriate lists for each of the 7 metagames (Four slots for SM OU, remember). The current metagame list is as follows:

SM OU / SM Ubers / SM UU / SM RU / SM NU / SM LC / SM Doubles

Guidelines for Players:

- DO NOT sign up if you cannot commit to the entire season, which will run from the middle of September until the middle of November. If you know in advance that you will be gone for a significant period of time (such as for exams, vacation, etc.) then PLEASE make note of it in your post so managers can plan accordingly. If I hear that any player knew in advance they would be gone for a significant period of time and did not notify the Managers in advance then action WILL be taken in future Snake Drafts and potentially all tournaments.

- Plan to participate in your team's IRC/Discord/Skype channel. If you do not have IRC, please see the page on Smogon's main page on how to access IRC. IRC and Discord is what makes Snake Draft fun. It helps you test, get to know your teammates, find out when battles are happening, and for general trashtalk in the main Smogon Tournaments discord. Speaking from experience, if managers know that you do not use IRC or Discord, you will have an extremely small chance of being picked.

- In order to ensure the best possible experience for yourself, the managers, and your team, please do NOT sign up for any tier you are unwilling to play. If you would not seriously consider playing that tier in a tournament environment, do not list it. The tiers you put down in your signup are not binding, but they will affect how your prospective manager sees you, and as such they should be as accurate to your skillset as possible. Don't make dumb joke posts about playing tiers you do not care for.​

Signups will last until the day before auction day, so September second.

OFFICIAL DISCORD SSD CHANNEL: https://discord.gg/qCVYcs2

TEAM DISCORDS:
Taipans
Rattlers
Pitvipers
Bushmasters
Nagas

Player Name: Void
Tiers Played: I have never, in any generation of Pokémon, played any tier below OU, at least seriously. And the reason why has to do with what I described above. Pokémon that are often used in tiers below OU tend to be Pokémon that are commonly-found and mundane within the Pokémon universe, and they do not possess a high degree of power. This makes the act of both controlling and defeating such Pokémon to be unsatisfying to me, hence why I have never played such tiers.
Timezone : GMT+8 (GMT+1 starting oct)
Significant Time Missed?: no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)