Smogon Superstars III - Playoffs Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed and ENZ0
Smogon Superstars (Won by Jibaku) | Smogon Superstars II (Won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Playoff Qualifier

Welcome everyone to the third installment of Smogon Superstars. In this tournament, Smogon's big name players will duke it out to see who is the best.

Rules and Clauses

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned
  • Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Specific Rules and Information
  • The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. Just know that it won't be your vanilla BW / DPP / ADV best of three!
  • In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!
  • Activity decisions will be given out as seen fit. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity, the match will not count for anyone win or loss. To avoid gaming this system, Wins is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.
  • No complaining in this tournament. Everyone is a very good, so you don't need to complain. Your rep isn't at stake if Philip7086 managed to hax his way to a win. I will be personally enforcing this rule.
Top 16
  1. xtrashine (15-3)
  2. Ojama (13-5)
  3. Ironbullet93 (13-5)
  4. wilson46 (12-5)
  5. Philip7086 (12-6)
  6. Krack (12-6)
  7. 6A9 Ace Matador (12-6)
  8. Aeroblacktyl (11-6)
  9. M Dragon (11-6)
  10. Iconic (11-7)
  11. Eo Ut Mortus (11-7)
  12. DracoMalfoy (11-7)
  13. Taylor (11-7)
  14. Heist (11-7)
  15. McMeghan (10-8)
  16. Stone Cold (10-8)
Playoffs

For playoffs, undisputed and me decided to mix it up a little. We decided to make two brackets, in which the two bracket winners will face off at the very end. The only catch is that each bracket has its own loser bracket, meaning that even if you lose in your bracket you have a chance of making a comeback like Benelux Wonder McMeghan. The format will be best-of-three, where each player picks one of ADV OU, DPP OU, and BW OU. The last battle, if necessary, will include the neutral tier. The neutral tier is determined by the tier that is left after each player picks a tier they want to eliminate. As you can see we tried to deviate as much as possible from the standard best-of-three we all know, hope you guys enjoy it!

Solar Bracket

Round 1

xtrashine vs McMeghan
Ironbullet93 vs Heist
Krack vs Eo Ut Mortus
Aeroblacktyl vs Iconic

Lunar Bracket

Round 1

Ojama vs Stone Cold
wilson46 vs Taylor
Philip7086 vs DracoMalfoy
6A9 Ace Matador vs M Dragon

Deadline: Friday, March 16th @11:59PM (GMT -5) EST. Please try to get your matches done in this timeframe. No luck and have fun!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
don't i play xtra? and mcmeghan plays ojama? since i got last seed.

either way, i'll contact ojama asap.

undisputed said:
ok this is what i got. i tried to split up the records evenly, but if people had the same record, they were randomized into one bracket

Bracket 1:
xtrashine (15-3)
Ironbullet93 (13-5)
Krack (12-6)
Aeroblacktyl (11-6)
Iconic (11-7)
Eo Ut Mortus (11-7)
Heist (11-7)
Nachos (10-8) or McMeghan (10-8)

Bracket 2:
Ojama (13-5)
Wilson46 (12-5)
Philip7086 (12-6)
6A9 Ace Matador (12-6)
M Dragon (11-6)
DracoMalfoy (11-7)
Taylor (11-7)
Stone Cold (10-8)
These two brackets were the ones used to determine who fell into each bracket and who faced each other in each bracket. I was going to alert McMeghan and you that your last match was not needed, but by the time I got back it was already done. I apologize for the inconvenience.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Solar Bracket

Round 1

xtrashine vs McMeghan
Ironbullet93 vs Heist
Krack vs Eo Ut Mortus
Aeroblacktyl vs Iconic

Lunar Bracket

Round 1

Ojama vs Stone Cold
wilson46 vs Taylor
6A9 Ace Matador vs M Dragon butttt i was hoping for phil..

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Solar Bracket

Round 1

xtrashine vs McMeghan => I have a strong faith in xtra but McMeghan is at its best.
Ironbullet93 vs Heist
Krack vs Eo Ut Mortus => Eo Ut Boss
Aeroblacktyl vs Iconic => Iconic will lose to activity because he's such a john

Lunar Bracket

Round 1

Ojama vs Stone Cold => Going with some non-patriotism but Stone is da boss. Anyway, GL Ojama
wilson46 vs Taylor => Wil'gentleman'son shall win.
Philip7086 vs DracoMalfoy => Smogon University Alumnus stands no chance against Draco.
6A9 Ace Matador vs M Dragon => am will crush M Dragon with his self esteem I guess

SoulWind

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the 6th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 32 Championwon the 9th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Solar Bracket

Round 1

xtrashine vs McMeghan
Ironbullet93 vs Heist
Krack vs Eo Ut Mortus
Aeroblacktyl vs Iconic

Lunar Bracket

Round 1

Ojama vs Stone Cold
wilson46 vs Taylor

Solar Bracket

Round 1

xtrashine vs McMeghan
Ironbullet93 vs Heist
Krack vs Eo Ut Mortus
Aeroblacktyl vs Iconic

Lunar Bracket

Round 1

Ojama vs Stone Cold
wilson46 vs Taylor

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Me and Ojama are tied up at 1-1. We'll do our 3rd match later.

Edit: Ojama wins 2-1. Got a little unlucky with a sleep, but that's the name of the game. GL in future rounds.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Beat Krack in two BW games, lost in ADV. Got some hax/weird stuff that might've skewed the outcome; sorry if it did, but ggs anyway.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
talentless trash all game lets m dragon take the final dp match

looks like i'm not retaining my title after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)