Smogon Superstars III - Playoffs Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed and ENZ0
Smogon Superstars (Won by Jibaku) | Smogon Superstars II (Won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Playoff Qualifier | Playoffs Round 1 | Playoffs Round 2

Welcome everyone to the third installment of Smogon Superstars. In this tournament, Smogon's big name players will duke it out to see who is the best.

Rules and Clauses

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned
  • Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Specific Rules and Information
  • The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. Just know that it won't be your vanilla BW / DPP / ADV best of three!
  • In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!
  • Activity decisions will be given out as seen fit. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity, the match will not count for anyone win or loss. To avoid gaming this system, Wins is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.
  • No complaining in this tournament. Everyone is a very good, so you don't need to complain. Your rep isn't at stake if Philip7086 managed to hax his way to a win. I will be personally enforcing this rule.
Top 16
  1. xtrashine (15-3)
  2. Ojama (13-5)
  3. Ironbullet93 (13-5)
  4. wilson46 (12-5)
  5. Philip7086 (12-6)
  6. Krack (12-6)
  7. 6A9 Ace Matador (12-6)
  8. Aeroblacktyl (11-6)
  9. M Dragon (11-6)
  10. Iconic (11-7)
  11. Eo Ut Mortus (11-7)
  12. DracoMalfoy (11-7)
  13. Taylor (11-7)
  14. Heist (11-7)
  15. McMeghan (10-8)
  16. Stone Cold (10-8)
Playoffs

For playoffs, undisputed and me decided to mix it up a little. We decided to make two brackets, in which the two bracket winners will face off at the very end. The only catch is that each bracket has its own loser bracket, meaning that even if you lose in your bracket you have a chance of making a comeback like Benelux Wonder McMeghan. The format will be best-of-three, where each player picks one of ADV OU, DPP OU, and BW OU. The last battle, if necessary, will include the neutral tier. The neutral tier is determined by the tier that is left after each player picks a tier they want to eliminate. As you can see we tried to deviate as much as possible from the standard best-of-three we all know, hope you guys enjoy it!

Solar Bracket

Round 3

Aeroblacktyl vs Eo Ut Mortus

Loser Bracket

Round 2

Ironbullet93 vs Heist
McMeghan vs Iconic

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

M Dragon vs DracoMalfoy

Loser Bracket

Round 2

Ojama vs Taylor
wilson46 vs 6A9 Ace Matador

Deadline: Sunday, April 1st @11:59PM (GMT -5) EST. Please try to get your matches done in this timeframe. No luck and have fun!

Stone Cold vs 6A9 Ace Matador have until Wednesday, March 28th @11:59PM (GMT -5) EST to complete their match. Should have given you guys two days instead of three, but I really do not want this to go down to activity or a coin flip.

all of these are great matchups and I look forward to hearing about them all :toast: but I think aeroblacktyl will prove "banned from tournaments" doesn't mean you cant win one

As we approach the end of the tournament, I would like to ask the players to save the logs of the matches you considered great to give them to the YouTube crew.

Solar Bracket

Round 3

Aeroblacktyl vs Eo Ut Mortus

Loser Bracket

Round 2

Ironbullet93 vs Heist
McMeghan vs Iconic

Lunar Bracket

Round 2

M Dragon vs DracoMalfoy

Loser Bracket

Round 1

Ojama vs Taylor
Wilson46 vs (Stone Cold vs 6A9 Ace Matador)

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
So...

Lost DPP OU to AM
DC'd when he probably woulda won in ADV
Replayed ADV dif teams, I won with some hax help
Played BW OU, haxed him badly and won
Re-played BW OU, he won 1-0 in a nail biter.

So AM wins the bo5!!! :P

GGs buddy :D

i lost adv 3-0 with all the hax in the world because i'm SHIT
i won dpp pretty cleanly 4-0
i lost the last adv match 1-0 in a cool game somewhat spoiled by a crit but easily made up by his hilarious sweep at the end XD

ggs friend

The remaining matches have until Tuesday, April 3rd @11:59PM (GMT -5) EST. I will start handing activity wins/coin flips afterwards.

IronBullet93 had to drop out. Heist has been given the win.

I will be coinflipping the last match tomorrow, and have the next round posted then.

EDIT: Heist and McMeghan can start battling asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)