Smogon Superstars IV - Playoffs Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Superstars IV

Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed
Smogon Superstars (won by Jibaku)
Smogon Superstars II (won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Smogon Superstars III
(won by Aeroblacktyl)
Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Playoff Qualifier | Playoff Round 1

Standard Rules and Clauses

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Tournament Specific Rules and Information:

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

I would like to encourage players to play with Specs Allowed, but I understand if they wish to play otherwise. I love watching/reading good Pokemon matches, so please save logs if you wish to share!

1. Vinc2612 (11-4)
  2. CrashinBoomBang (11-4)
  3. Bloo (11-4)
  4. M Dragon (11-4)
  5. Reyscarface (11-4)
  6. LizardMan (11-4)
  7. Dragonuser (10-5)
  8. Leftiez (10-5)
  9. Aqualouis (10-5)
  10. panamaxis (10-5)
  11. Floppy (10-5)
  12. Bad Ass (10-5)
  13. undisputed (10-5)
  14. Conflict (10-3)
  15. yee (9-6)
  16. MarceloDK (8-7) / Myzozoza (7-8)
Brackets will be double elimination, so don't be discouraged if you lose! Matchups are best of three in ADV / DPP / BW, and the higher seed can choose the order if they want. Good luck to all!

Solar Bracket

Round 2

panamaxis
vs Myzozoa
Bloo vs Dragonuser

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Reyscarface
Conflict vs Vinc2612

Lunar Bracket

Round 2

LizardMan
vs undisputed
M Dragon vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Crashinboombang vs yee
Aqualouis vs Leftiez

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
panamaxis vs Myzozoa - pana has the edge in DP for sure and seems to be pretty hot in BW as of late. if myzozoa can take DP somehow then it's surely anyone's match.
Bloo vs Dragonuser - i feel like bloo is superior in all 3 (maybe not bw?), but dragonuser is no slouch at old gens. i wouldn't put it past him to steal DP/ADV and have it come down to BW

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Reyscarface - idk if rey even plays anymore since he madquit after spl
Conflict vs Vinc2612 - i've never really seen vinc play, so i can't comment on his ability, but conflict has been pretty on lately. this one i'm unsure about

Lunar Bracket

Round 2

LizardMan vs undisputed - undisputed went 5-0 in a tough BW bracket i think so he must have some good teams up his sleeve. lizardman is prone to not thinking before he acts, and i think that undisputed's playstyle can capitalize on that
M Dragon vs Bad Ass - should be done on thurs/friday

Loser's Bracket

Crashinboombang vs yee - never seen yee ADV, but on the other hand i've never seen cbb BW. i feel like CBB can take DP though for the series
Aqualouis vs Leftiez

Kennen

dont you worry child
Round 2

panamaxis vs Myzozoa
Bloo vs Dragonuser

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Reyscarface
Conflict vs Vinc2612

Round 2

LizardMan vs undisputed
M Dragon vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Crashinboombang vs yee
Aqualouis vs Leftiez

Lost 2-1 to LizardMan in BW and ADV, ggs.

BW was a little matchup, a little probability mind games.

DPP was pretty clean I think, although I dodged some hax that might've been over due.

ADV was a little disappointing, but good game nonetheless.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
kinda late predix w/e

Round 2

panamaxis vs Myzozoa | myzozoa's got super strong bw but pana takes dpp and probs has edge in adv
Bloo vs Dragonuser | they're both so cute it's hard to decide

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Reyscarface | LOL floppy sux
Conflict vs Vinc2612 | idk either of them really, but conflict has a stronger username due to lack of numbers and vinc probably won't be as strong until he's reincarnated as vinc7086

Lunar Bracket

Round 2

LizardMan vs undisputed | both solid players, already happened etc etc, i'd have been hard pressed to pick either one
M Dragon vs Bad Ass | stronger player and I also respect him more in general so I can't really make an unbiased pick here

Loser's Bracket

Crashinboombang vs yee | cbb talks a lot but he's probably going to get creamed in bw ou then lose adv because yee misses a rock slide
Aqualouis vs Leftiez | one of the best players I've ever played, quite frankly. when this guy gets in the zone he doesn't lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)