Smogon Superstars IV - Playoffs Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Superstars IV

Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed
Smogon Superstars (won by Jibaku)
Smogon Superstars II (won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Smogon Superstars III
(won by Aeroblacktyl)
Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Playoff Qualifier | Playoff Round 1 | Playoff Round 2

Standard Rules and Clauses

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Tournament Specific Rules and Information:

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

I would like to encourage players to play with Specs Allowed, but I understand if they wish to play otherwise. I love watching/reading good Pokemon matches, so please save logs if you wish to share!

1. Vinc2612 (11-4)
  2. CrashinBoomBang (11-4)
  3. Bloo (11-4)
  4. M Dragon (11-4)
  5. Reyscarface (11-4)
  6. LizardMan (11-4)
  7. Dragonuser (10-5)
  8. Leftiez (10-5)
  9. Aqualouis (10-5)
  10. panamaxis (10-5)
  11. Floppy (10-5)
  12. Bad Ass (10-5)
  13. undisputed (10-5)
  14. Conflict (10-3)
  15. yee (9-6)
  16. MarceloDK (8-7) / Myzozoza (7-8)
Brackets will be double elimination, so don't be discouraged if you lose! Matchups are best of three in ADV / DPP / BW, and the higher seed can choose the order if they want. Good luck to all!

Solar Bracket

Round 3

panamaxis vs Bloo

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa
Conflict vs M Dragon

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Dragonuser vs yee
Aqualouis vs undisputed

I decided to switch M Dragon over to the Solar Bracket and Dragonuser to the Lunar Bracket just to avoid potential replays. Shouldn't make a difference overall.

Solar Bracket

Round 3

panamaxis vs Bloo

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa
Conflict vs M Dragon

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Dragonuser vs (Crashinboombang vs yee)
Aqualouis vs undisputed

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Solar Bracket

Round 3

panamaxis vs Bloo

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa
Conflict vs M Dragon

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Aqualouis vs undisputed

Solar Bracket

Round 3

panamaxis vs Bloo

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa
Conflict vs M Dragon

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Aqualouis vs undisputed

Round 3

panamaxis vs Bloo

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa
Conflict vs M Dragon

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Aqualouis vs undisputed

Solar Bracket

Round 3

panamaxis vs Bloo

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa
Conflict vs M Dragon

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Aqualouis vs undisputed

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
panamaxis vs Bloo - these are definitely going to be a good set of matches, especially DP. i give panamaxis the edge in bw and bloo the edge in adv, so a deciding DP match would be extremely fitting.i'm pretty confident in bloo taking ADV, but he's also quite good in DP and BW. if he takes one of those, i got him winning the whole series

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa - floppy's too strong in ADV and can fish one of DP/BW out from myzozoa.
Conflict vs M Dragon - like with pana/bloo, i have m dragon as the weaker overall in DP/BW, but the difference is small and i think that he'll take one of those + ADV

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass - probably going to be done friday around tour time

Loser's Bracket

Dragonuser vs (Crashinboombang vs yee) - CBB has yee i think. if he loses ADVm though, i think it'll be really hard for him to recoup since i don't know what his BW game is like. even though i said dragonuser wasn't that great at old gens, i've actually seen him play very well in ADV and DP from the superstars matches that i've spectated. like i said, i don't know if CBB plays BW enough to steal that from du's creative teams. probably comes to dp.
Aqualouis vs undisputed - undisputed started off v. strong but i think his momentum is waning and aqua (another strong player) will capitalize on that

Kennen

dont you worry child
panamaxis vs Bloo

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa
Conflict vs M Dragon

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Aqualouis vs undisputed

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Solar Bracket

Round 3

panamaxis vs Bloo

Loser's Bracket

Floppy vs Myzozoa
Conflict vs M Dragon

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan vs Bad Ass

Loser's Bracket

Aqualouis vs undisputed

REALLY cool winners bracket semis; couldnt have wished for a better result

ive been given logs from every game of all four of em so should be interesting heh

the other games are all pretty nice looking (except for flopper)

I defeated Aqualouis, ggs.

BW - Pretty typical BW game in which I had a very nice team advantage.

DPP - An early miss gave me a ton of breathing room for the rest of the match, sorry about that.

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lost BW cause i played terribly
Lost DPP cause his lead's haxx cost me almost 4 mons. Honnestly I think that i really had a great chance to win this game if he doesn't get the spdef drop/crit/miss :/
Anyway, ggs, gl for the rest bro'

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yee and I will play in about 8 hours from now

sorry but timezones have really been a bitch as far as scheduling this goes!!

Confirming that Badass and I are most likely going to play tommorow. Feeling pretty super pumped for our match. I am sure it will be really close and good.

Lost vs Badass in ADV, and I won against him in DPP and BW. The series was close as hell, and it could have honestly swayed either way. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

Ggs badass and good luck to you in the rest of the tournament.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Due to a combination of both of us being really busy and having incompatible timezones, pana and I will only be able to play on Thursday or Friday of next week. We have decided to battle next Friday at 5 PM my time (-7), so that is when the match will go down. Sorry for the delay, and if it is possible for us to play at an earlier date, we will attempt to do so.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
yeah i lost 2-1 in some REALLY tight games. in fact, i thought that i had him in the deciding BW but he made some great plays and came back to sweep me. GGs dude

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So yee and I were supposed to play almost an hour ago, but he hasn't shown up. I'll stay on and wait for him to hopefully show up within the next few hours.

Sorry for the delay.

EDIT:
lost adv ou, he got some luck that probably mattered
won dpp ou, I got some luck that may have mattered
won bw ou, clean and fun game

ggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)