Smogon Superstars IV - Playoffs Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Superstars IV

Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed
Smogon Superstars (won by Jibaku)
Smogon Superstars II (won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Smogon Superstars III
(won by Aeroblacktyl)
Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Playoff Qualifier | Playoff Round 1 | Playoff Round 2 | Playoff Round 3 |

Standard Rules and Clauses

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Tournament Specific Rules and Information:

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

I would like to encourage players to play with Specs Allowed, but I understand if they wish to play otherwise. I love watching/reading good Pokemon matches, so please save logs if you wish to share!

1. Vinc2612 (11-4)
  2. CrashinBoomBang (11-4)
  3. Bloo (11-4)
  4. M Dragon (11-4)
  5. Reyscarface (11-4)
  6. LizardMan (11-4)
  7. Dragonuser (10-5)
  8. Leftiez (10-5)
  9. Aqualouis (10-5)
  10. panamaxis (10-5)
  11. Floppy (10-5)
  12. Bad Ass (10-5)
  13. undisputed (10-5)
  14. Conflict (10-3)
  15. yee (9-6)
  16. MarceloDK (8-7) / Myzozoza (7-8)
Brackets will be double elimination, so don't be discouraged if you lose! Matchups are best of three in ADV / DPP / BW, and the higher seed can choose the order if they want. Good luck to all!

Solar Bracket

Round 3

panamaxis can take some time off.

Loser's Bracket

M Dragon vs Myzozoa
Myzozoa vs Bloo

Lunar Bracket

Round 3

LizardMan can take some time off.

Loser's Bracket
Dragonuser vs undisputed
Dragonuser vs Bad Ass

M Dragon and Conflict have two days until I coin flip or just eliminate both of them.

coR.

Banned deucer.
(Conflict vs M Dragon) vs Myzozoa
Winner vs Bloo

Dragonuser vs undisputed
Winner vs Bad Ass

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
(Conflict vs M Dragon) vs Myzozoa
Winner vs Bloo

Dragonuser vs undisputed
Winner vs Bad Ass

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I defeated Conflict in ADV and DPP.
Srry for the 2 crits in DPP, game would have been different. ADV was a cool one thoughggs

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
won adv in a gg
lost dpp with some luck against me
won bw with some luck

ggs overall and sorry our bw game was so dumb

Lost 2-1 to Dragonuser, ggs.

ADV - one of his mons did a ton of damage, and i couldn't recover

DPP - my lead got some hax that put me in total control for the rest of the game

BW - what are the odds of missing draco meteor twice in a row

little disappointing, but gg's, good luck in the rest

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
won bw and adv vs badass, ggs

bw - was a nail biter that came down to the wire
adv - I got some luck that may or may not have mattered in the end, but definitely made things easier

ggs man

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i forgot to post but i'd like to say that dragonuser straight up beat me in 2 games! no luck involved

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I haxed mdragon very significantly in BW and ADV to win those games, dpp we tied once and then he beat me.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Myzozoa defeated me in ADV and DPP with 100% HP left on each of his Pokemon in both battles. Good games and best of luck in the remaining rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)