Smogon Superstars IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Superstars IV

Originally hosted by tripe, hosted this year by undisputed
Smogon Superstars (won by Jibaku)
Smogon Superstars II (won by 6A9 Ace Matador)
Smogon Superstars III
(won by Aeroblacktyl)

Welcome
everyone to the fourth annual installment of Smogon Superstars. In this tournament, Smogon's biggest names will duke it out to see who is the best! Originally hosted by Tripe, Smogon Superstars has been one of the highest level tournaments, and it always sees some excellent competition.

Format:

This year's preliminary format will be the same as Smogon Superstars III. In case you are unfamiliar with last year's format, keep reading for more information.

There will be three preliminary rounds to decide playoff candidates this year. Each preliminary round will have six pools; two of each of BW, DPP, and ADV OU. Every player will have an opportunity to play in each of the three respective Generations by playing everyone in their pool for that round. For example:

Round 1 said:
Pool 1 [ADV]
Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5
Player 6

Pool 2 [ADV]
Player 7
Player 8
Player 9
Player 10
Player 11
Player 12

Pool 3 [DPP]
Player 13
Player 14
Player 15
Player 16
Player 17
Player 18

Pool 4 [DPP]
Player 19
Player 20
Player 21
Player 22
Player 23
Player 24

Pool 5 [BW]
Player 25
Player 26
Player 27
Player 28
Player 29
Player 30

Pool 6 [BW]
Player 31
Player 32
Player 33
Player 34
Player 35
Player 36
Round 2 said:
Pool 1 [ADV]
Player 13
Player 17
Player 19
Player 25
Player 29
Player 33

Pool 2 [ADV]
Player 14
Player 18
Player 20
Player 26
Player 30
Player 34

Pool 3 [DPP]
Player 1
Player 5
Player 7
Player 27
Player 31
Player 35

Pool 4 [DPP]
Player 2
Player 6
Player 8
Player 28
Player 32
Player 36

Pool 5 [BW]
Player 3
Player 9
Player 11
Player 15
Player 21
Player 23

Pool 6 [BW]
Player 4
Player 10
Player 12
Player 16
Player 22
Player 24
Round 3 said:
Pool 1 [ADV]
Player 15
Player 21
Player 24
Player 27
Player 33
Player 36

Pool 2 [ADV]
Player 16
Player 22
Player 23
Player 28
Player 34
Player 35

Pool 3 [DPP]
Player 3
Player 10
Player 11
Player 25
Player 30
Player 31

Pool 4 [DPP]
Player 4
Player 9
Player 12
Player 26
Player 29
Player 32

Pool 5 [BW]
Player 1
Player 5
Player 8
Player 13
Player 18
Player 19

Pool 6 [BW]
Player 2
Player 6
Player 7
Player 14
Player 17
Player 20

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

I would like to encourage players to play with Specs Allowed, but I understand if they wish to play otherwise. I love watching/reading good Pokemon matches, so please save logs if you wish to share!

Standard Rules and Clauses

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are banned.
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams
  • Ingrain Smeargle is banned

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause (Brightpowder and Lax Incense are allowed)
  • OHKO Clause
  • Unlike in the regular season, Self-KO Clause is off; a tied game is cause for a rematch with the option to change teams

• Timer must be on
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
The below items and abilities are also banned.

Items

All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Abilities

Moody
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Confirming Participation:

All invited players are welcomed to confirm in this thread or privately via PM. All Player choices were decided by me with confirmation from the TD Staff, and we tried to do our best to maintain the highest competition possible. There were a couple players that did not receive invitations for one reason or another (mostly questions about their ability to play a tier or their activity). If you believe you were one of those players, feel free to PM me telling me why you should be able to join.

The first 36 (53 people received invitations this year) will be guaranteed a spot as that is what I originally intended the format to cater. 36 players is the ideal number to minimize replays, but I am willing to go up to 42 players this year. I'd love to do 42 players because more players is more fun as a host!

Furthermore, if you are interested in playing, please PM me and I will get you down as a substitute. I'm sure I will need some subs like I did last year. Thanks!

Confirmed Participants

1. Eo Ut Mortus
2. Dragonuser
3. BKC
4. Lavos Spawn
5. yee
6. Funkasaurus
7. Sir
8. undisputed
9. McMeghan
10. Floppy
11. Myzozoa
12. Bloo
13. MOET
14. panamaxis
15. Lady Bug
16. Golden Sun
17. TFC
18. Stone Cold
19. Philip7086
20. august
21. Bad Ass
22. JabbaTheGriffin
23. CrashinBoomBang
24. Reyscarface
25. DracoMalfoy
26. Iconic
27. M Dragon
28. Soulwind
29. Nachos
30. Aqualouis
31. Malekith
32. Fakes
33. Ojama
34. Vinc2612
35. TV-Rocka
36. Ciele
37. LizardMan
38. Ginku
39. MarceloDK
40. DestinyUnknown
41. Taylor
42. 6A9 Ace Matador
43. Cristal
44. Conflict
45. Heist
46. Gouki
47. windsong
48. shakeitup
49. Kael
50. Lunar.
51. DarkLoic
52. bro fist
53. Leftiez
54. davidness

Subs
1. xtrashine
2. Hantsuki
3. LonelyNess
4. Younii
5. Joeyboy
6. Go10
7. Remedy
8. Celcius
9. Lohgock

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Confirming invite.made top 16 everytime ive joinee. lgi

whys sir invited? I hate to be the local dick but hes hardly known for his battling ability and only know for his above averge adv skilla but nthing else. didnt this cause an issue last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)