Smogon Superstars V - Playoffs R3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For those of you still in the playoffs, please don't play your games listed on the spreadsheet quite yet! FM and I talked about reverting the current bracket to a more traditional doubles elimination bracket so this tournament takes less time/rounds to complete, and we never reached a conclusion together when discussing it. FM is away today iirc, so we'll probably get the chance to finish our discussion tomorrow (and have all of your matches confirmed by then). It's just that if a game is played before we work the bracket out, we can't backtrack and fix it up.

I appreciate your patience while we're clearing the issue up, thanks guys. yan[sogeking] vs Conflict is 100% okay to proceed, though. :)

Ciele PDC Reymedy Hantsuki Kevin Garrett -Tsunami- yan[sogeking] Conflict

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For those of you still in the playoffs, please don't play your games listed on the spreadsheet quite yet! FM and I talked about reverting the current bracket to a more traditional doubles elimination bracket so this tournament takes less time/rounds to complete, and we never reached a conclusion together when discussing it. FM is away today iirc, so we'll probably get the chance to finish our discussion tomorrow (and have all of your matches confirmed by then). It's just that if a game is played before we work the bracket out, we can't backtrack and fix it up.

I appreciate your patience while we're clearing the issue up, thanks guys. yan[sogeking] vs Conflict is 100% okay to proceed, though. :)

Ciele PDC Reymedy Hantsuki Kevin Garrett -Tsunami- yan[sogeking] Conflict
i'm wondering which advantage will be granted the player who reaches the final through the winner's bracket ? (if there was one in the first place/if there will be one )

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i'm wondering which advantage will be granted the player who reaches the final through the winner's bracket ? (if there was one in the first place/if there will be one )
We're going to sort through additional concerns about the current bracket, which potentially gives some players certain advantages in an attempt to balance the bracket. No bracket is perfect, but we will try to find the optimal way to proceed to the finals of this tournament without giving unfair advantages where applicable.

The bracket will either remain as-is, or it will be changed to a traditional double elimination bracket, as per most other Smogon double elimination tournaments. If it returns to the traditional format, the player who wins the Winner's Bracket will proceed to Grand Finals, as is standard.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And this is why I have a huge disdain for double Elimination. I'm not sure why Eo thought to make it Double Elim

I have no idea why Eo is being blamed here.

Anyway, please just use the following bracket:
Round 3:

Winners Bracket:
A. yan[sogeking] vs. Conflict
B. Kevin Garrett vs. Reymedy

Losers Bracket:
F. FLCL vs. Hantsuki
G. Leftiez vs. Ciele
H. Eo Ut Mortus vs. PDC
I. -Tsunami- vs. Ojama

--

Round 4:

Losers Bracket:
J. Winner of F vs. Winner of I
K. Winner of G vs. Winner of H
--
Round 4 (Part 2):

Losers Bracket:
L. Loser of B vs. Winner of J
M. Loser of A vs. Winner of K

--

Round 5:

Winners Bracket:
C. Winner of A vs. Winner of B

Losers Bracket:
N. Winner of L vs. Winner of M
--
Round 5 (Part 2):

Losers Bracket:
O. Loser of C vs. Winner of N

--

Grand Finals:

D. Winner of C (W) vs. Winner of O (L)
--
Set 2 (if Winner of O wins Game D):

E. Winner of C (L) vs. Winner of O (L)

This is the standard format for double elimination brackets. Seeding based pairings probably aren't accurate simply because they weren't in previous rounds and it's too late to change that since the games have already been played. The current bracket not only has this problem, but it also has much worse ones as well, so please scrap it and use the one in this post (the one pretty much every double elimination tournament uses).

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i do not understand what all the difficulty has been with this tournament. we have had 4 successful iterations of it already, it's not like it is impossible to run a double elim tourney...

HeIIraiser

tough like igglybuff
won dpp with a lot of luck, lost bw with late game bad luck and then won xy, ggz conflict.
sorry for taking so long to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)