Smogon Tour 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Season 14 of Smogon Tour will begin on: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7

For more information on the tournament, check out the website.

There are two important changes for this season. The first is that all Gen 5 battles will be BW2 OU. The second is that this season will start off being hosted on Groudon's Grotto server on Pokemon Online 2. Make sure you have the latest version installed in time to play. I anticipate we will switch over to hosting on Pokemon Showdown at some point during this season, but Zarel stated he needs some additional time to have everything set up. There will be a clear announcement when the transition will happen.

The format will consist of the standard 9 weeks of competition in ADV OU, DPP OU, and BW2 OU followed by a tournament between the Top 16 players in the standings. Since this is the first time an official tournament will feature BW2 OU, there will be a set of practice tours prior to the start of the season.

Saturday, August 25th 2012 at 4 PM EST - BW2 OU - Won by Bloo
Sunday, August 26th 2012 at 2 PM EST - BW2 OU - Won by Sayonara

Saturday, September 1st 2012 at 4 PM EST - BW2 Suspect on Pokemon Showdown!
Sunday, September 2nd 2012 at 2 PM EST - BW2 Suspect on Pokemon Showdown!

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
It is technically Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) right now, which makes it GMT -4. That takes place from the second Sunday in March until the first Sunday in November. Otherwise it is GMT -5.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Coren37, be careful about the Daylight Time, Europe changes it the last Sunday of March and the last Sunday of October, so one weekend (actually not a full weekend, but a Sunday, and the Saturday from the next week) will be at different times.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok, in my honest opinion the Smogon Tour 14 should be played BW1 and not BW2, because it's a new metagame, infact; there aren't official bans yet, but this is my opinion, obv. Anyway, can't wait to start, and i hope to improve my last results, as i got 31st last time, gl all! :3

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's too late, there's a time we should play BW2. It started with the GS, there's no reason to not do the same in the Tour.

Nice, I'll try to make some tours but I agree with Hellpowna, BW2 is too recent imo.

@Vinc : Yeah but OU is the main tier and has no ban yet.

So, I'm a little confused, does this mean in this tournament we play across all three of those generations? (sorry I'm completely new to Smogon)

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It is 3 weeks of each tier, one match. Example would be :

Week #1 : BW2 OU

You would then play a BW2 OU match, only one. Whoever wins goes onto the next round. This goes onto the same rules for ADV OU and DPPt OU.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
The final set of practice tours will be a suspect test for BW2 OU. Two things will be tested in these tours, Garchomp and Sand Veil. Garchomp will be allowed back in OU play, while Sand Veil will be banned from all Pokemon that have access to it (e.g. Garchomp, Gliscor).

There will not be a vote following the conclusion of these tests. Instead, there will be a discussion thread in the Overused forum for participants and observers. The results of this test will be looked at by the council to help shape the future of the BW2 OU metagame.

The suspect tours will take place on Pokemon Showdown!

Note: When the regular season of Smogon Tour starts the following week, it will go back to being held on Pokemon Online 2 until Showdown is tooled with ADV and DPP.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
At the scheduled time, there will be a new thread here. You'll need to post "in" in order to play. The first 96/124 to join will participate to the tournament and will play right after the signups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)