1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smogon Tour 16 - [Won by BKC]

Discussion in 'Smogon Tour' started by Bloo, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

I won ADV, lost BW and won DPP, ggs. They were very intense battles against a high quality opponent, I enjoyed them a lot. Shame we couldn't play the dpp on shoddy lol

SHOUTOUTS (probably missed people my bad i appreciate what you did anyway)

US EAST - every1 of you is awesome ilu all except shake fuck shake and sometimes bitchass gayde
    #beastaroonis - every1 of you is awesome ilu all except danilo fuck danilo and sometimes bitchass gayde
    am - he teach me lotsa thing and it it pay off
    Masterclass / Sweepage / Grind_Pantera - a king
    Fakes - such a bro
    geo182 - hooked me up with his sick dpp team at the last minute in the semis, great player, gonna rape in spl
    symphonyx64 - would probably link more embarassing wifi battles of mine from 2009-10 if I didn't mention him
    Heist - CALUM
    Furai - fuck you for haxing me in that dpp tour because holy shit i wanted to kill myself after you won the whole thing jesus fucking christ heres your punishment for that horrendous sin http://puu.sh/5R7ct.png
    Mizuhime - the finest lady in the land
    Triangles - a boss at adv and a great dude, a shame I never decided to use your teams cause they're great
    gene - never got tired of helping me in adv and talking metal, thanks dude
    Floppy - GORGIE
    undisputed - the_best
    Philip7086 - thank god you didnt tutor me back when i asked for it in 2010 and passed me on to undisputed instead because he owns and if i had gotten you i probably would suck a lot more LOL
    panamaxis - thanks for the dpp advice!!!
    DICE - you are the best. I think we did like 300 test battles over the the course of these playoffs. ilu princess
    ROSCOE - JUMPED OUT THE LINCOLN LEFT HIM STINKIN PUT HIS BRAINS IN THE STREET NOW YOU CAN SEE WHAT HE WAS JUST THINKIN

and of course, the most important one of all...
    MarceloDK
    thanks everyone :)
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    Asuya, Jukain, Harsha and 15 others like this.
  2. Marshall.Law

Marshall.Law

Congratulations
  3. Cicada

Cicada radical dreamer
    is a Tiering Contributor

4. LizardMan

LizardMan p good
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

God BKC, I am so happy you won. It is a really long time coming. I'd say more, but im pretty much sure we all had a circlejerk at the east channel. Just really happy for ya.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Nails likes this.
  5. M Dragon

M Dragon The north wind
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Champion

Grats BKC! Well deserver
    Also gj Boudouche!
  6. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

well deserved chicken
  7. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

two #1 seeds winning in a row :o

very deserving, congrats :)
    Funkasaurus, Pocket and Delko like this.
  8. Floppy

Floppy
    is a Pre-Contributor

that bum user does not deserve all that attention from you and your post bkc, despite it being sarcasm and all.

anyways, congratulations homie; from a long time coming it was obvious you would become the second strongest nigga ever.
    BKC likes this.
  9. Delko

Delko was a tab-made man
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Congrats :)
  10. HBK

HBK

The best man won :D
  11. MarceloDK

MarceloDK

What do you want me to say? "Congrats for winning, after you robbed the win from Malekith"? Bitch, please.
    Jukain, kleine and BKC like this.
  12. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus VIRUS
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

13. Fakes

Fakes
    is a Past SPL Winner

boudouche Tour #17 imo
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    boudouche likes this.
  14. ~GreenCore

~GreenCore Hardwire

Congrats dude !
  15. Thursday

Thursday

well-deserved. congrats, bkc
  16. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Congratulations BKC!

I remember first learning about you by reading one of your RMTs however long ago and then having you as a tutee soon after. I watched you grow as a player over those three months, and I'm glad to have had the privilege to watch you grow into a great guy over the next two years. You told me at the start of this tour season that you would win it, and as much confidence as I have in you, I was still a bit skeptical. A lot can go wrong in this game of odds, but sometimes the game does work out how it should. I couldn't be happier for you, man. You worked hard and earned this. Great job.
    Nails, Ezio, BKC and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the Astronaut's pet dog >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Congrats, BKC - it was only a matter of time before you claimed this prestigious tournament champion title!
  18. Sapientia

Sapientia young, dynamic & handsome
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

#marcelotour17
  19. pokebasket

pokebasket

20. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tournament Directoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Congratulations pollo boy, I know how hard you worked for this and how much you wanted to win so it's great to see you take home the gold this season. Very well-deserved indeed. I'll get that trophy on your profile soon, XenForo is a real doozy to deal with! Boudouche also deserves some praise. I didn't expect you to perform as well as you did at all, and you've made one hell of an impact this season, proving yourself as a great player. I think you impressed me the most this season. I always love to see underrated players rise to stardom and there's no doubt you're a force to be reckoned with now.

I don't think I'll be all too motivated and serious-minded for tour anymore despite my intention to still participate as a player if I can because it's a fun tournament. As such, I'd like to thank a two specific people I've shared my tour history with and cherish my moments with. This isn't to shift focus away from BKC's tour win of course; I always said I'd give these guys a mushy shout-out, and I can't think of a better time to do so than now given how this is the last ADV-DPP-BW season, so ignore the sentimentality!

#1 (open)
    Ojama: Has been my #1 tour partner since season 13. You've helped me way too much with this tournament, so I wouldn't be able to thank you for your assistance without writing a dissertation. I definitely enjoyed the moments we've shared throughout the seasons. In my humble opinion, I genuinely do believe you left the ADV-DPP-BW era of Smogon Tour as the best all around player in the those three metagames, and I'd still be saying this even if you didn't win season 15. While there's no denying you're a fantastic player, I think what separates you from most people nowadays is your motivation to pump out quality teams in each tier. There aren't many people nowadays who consistently make their own teams and only stick to using their own builds (me being the #1 example), and I think this quality you have makes you stand out from most players today.

I don't think anyone knows just how hard you work when you put your game face on. It's really admirable and inspiring and has pushed me to continue to improve my game more times than I can count. You can be annoying and infuriating as heck sometimes (<3), but regardless, you've become one of my best friends on here and I really do appreciate our time through the seasons and I hope you know that because I really do mean it! You've ended #1 twice in tour and ended #1 in my book in terms of top overall tour player - a player I wish I could be as good and masterful at in those OU tiers. I hope we'll be able to enjoy these same tournament experiences with Gen 6's arrival.

#2 (open)
    McMeghan: McLazy. You're for sure my other tour bud (used that word just for you). You can apply everything I said about Ojama to you in some way. It's been incredibly fun talking with you about tour related matters in our top secret channel. From raging at hax to ripping our hairs out because of the ridiculous things people decide to do and have us deal with as TDs, I've had tons of fun sharing those experiences with you. I really can't say much else without repeating myself too much, so I'll end it by saying this: we'll never ever be paired in-season during a Smogon Tour. The gods refuse. Well, there was that one time, but you and I both know how that ended heueue bwoi :]

That's that. A big thanks goes out to Eo Ut Mortus and more recently Vinc2612 for dealing with tour points throughout the seasons. It's tedious work and I don't think anyone would have been able to do the job as efficiently as you two. In fact, I doubt they'd ever be put on-site if it weren't for you guys! Congratulations again BKC. Great player, well-deserved and keep sending me more of your music when you get the chance.

See you all next season!
  21. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

congrats bkc, well deserved
  22. Lohgock

Lohgock

gratz man, you really deserve it :)
  23. McMeghan

McMeghan Dreamcatcher
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Champion

Congrats BKC, good and derserving player.

Et gg à toi aussi Boud, t'as géré comme peu de joueurs l'aurait fait et y aurait eu aucune contestations si c'étais toi le vainqueur.
    boudouche likes this.
  24. Moonclawz

Moonclawz

25. PDC

PDC soon as your start sleeping catching you offguard
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

for all those that missed this!!!!

bkc approved

ADV GAME:
    (volume is shit)

BW GAME:

DPP GAME:
    (shit mic at start)

subscribe :]
    Haruno, Decode, VN. and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)