Smogon Tour 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
ZEBEDIT: dropping the spreadsheet link here in the OP, thanks to boudouche !

What's poppin fam! Welcome to Smogon Tour 19, or what Leftiez and his friends will prefer to call #LeftiezTour19 #guadeloupe #negritobanana.

I can't believe tour has been going on for 19 seasons already, but this will be starting on March 13th. The format will continue to be three action packed OverUsed tiers that consist of around 15-20 Pokémon that I'm sure you will enjoy seeing in each and every match (ORAS OU / BW OU / DPP OU). Don't worry though, if you are one of the fortunate souls to slither your way into the top 16, I'm sure that you will begin to see "innovation" by people who desperately want to win their very own 16x16 PNG under their Smogon University username, myself included. As usual, we will be hosting tours on Zarel's based n' homemade simulator Pokémon Showdown, more specifically on the Smogon Tournaments Server. Make sure you play on this server to take advantage of the auto-timer so that your opponent doesn't have Casper the Friendly Ghost lending them a hand in some handy dandy lil "secret" IRC or Skype group.

Take a look at this page for more information about how Smogon Tour works and how you can participate.
  • Friday tours are hosted @ 6 PM Eastern time (GMT -4).
  • Saturday tours are hosted @ 4 PM Eastern time (GMT -4).
  • Sunday tours are hosted @ 2 PM Eastern time (GMT -4).
You may only join 2/3 tours per week because we feel that our forum members have to have a life on at least one day of the weekend. The page I linked explains all the rules you need to know. If you need something clarified, please message me or any other TDs if you have questions about how this works, or post here in the thread if you need clarification on something.

Here are some frequently asked questions:

1. Will Bloo finally win? Actually, the answer this time is yes. During my brief break from playing in tournaments, I have unlocked a new form unknown to myself previously, one much scarier than any mentioned here. Unfortunately, it is difficult to activate, but if I am able to summon it on command in playoffs, the outcome is certain.
2. Will McMeghan finally manage to get through round 1 of playoffs without lucking someone? Probably not.
3. Does anyone still ACTUALLY enjoy playing Pokémon?
4. How many "likes" will this post get because I have high social status on a competitive Pokémon forum? Unfortunately, I can't answer this one for you guys.

In all seriousness, now that I'm done trying to be a try-hard by making this a fun read for people, I wish everyone who decides to participate the best of luck. Smogon Tour is my personal favorite tournament here on Smogon and I hope you guys can share my love and excitement for it throughout the season.

Here's to a good season!

Last edited by a moderator:

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
#freeMasterclass

also, bloo's op is much more ghetto'ish than the previous ones. is he taking the masterclass approach?

Reactions: pj

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1. Will Bloo finally win? Actually, the answer this time is yes. During my brief break from playing in tournaments, I have unlocked a new form unknown to myself previously, one much scarier than any mentioned here. Unfortunately, it is difficult to activate, but if I am able to summon it on command in playoffs, the outcome is certain.
speaking of this, are you ever gonna answer the last batch of questions from November?

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I won't be able to be part of this (I'll be taking an indefinitely long break from mons after SPL due to irl stuff), but I would like to wish good luck to all the partecipants. Competing seriously during the last season of ST took a ton of time and effort but I can definitely say it was a great experience that I won't forget.
Also guys, this is your chance to be noticed for team tours ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)