Playoffs Smogon Tour 20 - Playoffs [Won by Tesung]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Lost to Tesung, ggs man.

Kinda sad I couldn't do much in the ORAS game, but that's my faullt for bringing a team so weak to a particular threat.

I'm pretty proud of my run overall, I set myself to prepare alone and use stuff I considered fun/creative, and it worked pretty well 'till the final. I was kinda running out of steam for the preparation there, and I want to thank Reymedy and BKC for bouncing back ideas and helping me build for the final games.

Thanks also to the people who tested with me, as well as all the hosts that made the season possible.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
congrats tesung
-outl

also to those watching stream / straos: next time remind me to lie to the viewers about how the game is so exciting and winnable and that it is a great matchup and fantastic game!
I've streamed like 30 sets over the past year, do you think I've never had to cast an unwinnable matchup? The fact is your casting was unacceptable. Everyone could see from team preview that Tesung had what looked like an unloseable matchup so we didn't need you to reiterate it three times per turn. It's not about lying to the viewers. There are still things you can talk about, like

-How McMeghan is trying to set up a win despite the fact that it looks impossible
-Why each player made the team choices they did for the current metagame
-Why the players are making the moves that they are, and if they're good moves or not
-What inhuman strings of luck McMeghan could pull out that may let him win

What you did was restate the same three lines for the duration of the match, and even more infuriatingly, repeatedly interrupt and talk over your co-casters who were actually trying to provide a good stream experience and dominate the cast with your incessant whining. Why doesn't Tesung like Defog Latios? Could McMeghan have won without the paralysis on Feraligatr? Is triple water ever a viable pick in ORAS, and McMeghan got particularly screwed, or was it just a bad team choice in general? At what point was the match truly over (up until McMeghan didn't freeze the Venu I'm pretty sure he could have won with insane luck)? All of these are fruitful lines of discussion that I unfortunately didn't get to hear more about because you kept cutting them off, but by golly at least I know that Tesung has two trophies now while you still have zero, and ORAS is a terrible metagame.

Congratulations Tesung, you're absolutely demolishing the tournaments scene these days. Come a long way in less than two years.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Congratulations Tesung, well done! The top 16 of STour were really well accomplished, threatening players, so it's a huge accomplishment to both of you to get to the final (even though you've both won it before). McMeghan, you had some incredible teams throughout your run, and your matches were always a pleasure to watch. Additionally, your BW game in this series was top class - well played friend.

Tesung, two pink trophies looks really cool, so congrats once again and keep it up brother

Lavos

Banned deucer.
congrats tesung!! the moleman could not win even when rigging the entire smogon with his molemeta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)