Playoffs Smogon Tour 23 Play-offs - Finals [Won by Posho]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
16a. Nintendi vs 16b. Mounts

1. ABR vs. 16. Nintendi
2. SoulWind vs. 15. Marshall.Law
3. blunder vs. 14. Alexander.
4. PDC vs. 13. Posho
5. Poek vs. 12. Steve Angello
6. craing ;_; vs. 11. Lcans
7. FlamingVictini vs. 10. Empo
8. Ciele vs. 9. Kickasser

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
16a. Nintendi vs 16b. Mounts - Mounts has a weird style that I feel favors him more during reg season than in playoffs

1. ABR vs. 16. Nintendi - dudes in form
2. SoulWind vs. 15. Marshall.Law - thirst for the trophy is too real
3. blunder vs. 14. Alexander. - blunders got a huge edge in SM and I think he can take one of ORAS or BW
4. PDC vs. 13. Posho - wanna see Posho go further than r1 and I'm getting a lazy vibe from pdc
5. Poek vs. 12. Steve Angello - gah damn this one is so close but after clutching it in the last stour of the week I gotta root for my boy tim
6. craing ;_; vs. 11. Lcans - think Lcans is one of the dark horses of the pack and im confident he can outmanuever ben's tricky style
7. FlamingVictini vs. 10. Empo - not too sure about Empo in BW but he's underrated as fuck in SM and ORAS
8. Ciele vs. 9. Kickasser - this guy is confident enough to be the first series to play so im not gonna discredit him but I can't see ciele losing BW and subsequently taking one of ORAS or SM

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
1. ABR vs. 16. Nintendi - Mastered the art of zen, even if he loses, he wins
2. SoulWind vs. 15. Marshall.Law - Refuse to pick between two brothers
3. blunder vs. 14. Alexander. - Same as above
4. PDC vs. 13. Posho - Love Poshito but PDC is at the edge of a cliff, I have a feeling he gets REALLY far this time
5. Poek vs. 12. Steve Angello - Poek has a ludicrous amount of power.
6. craing ;_; vs. 11. Lcans - Did ben get a name change?
7. FlamingVictini vs. 10. Empo - FV is a very good player and most likely wins this I would say 80% of the time, but Empo can bring some absolutely ludicrous nonsense and pull it
8. Ciele vs. 9. Kickasser - How can you not cheer for THE Ciele?

1. ABR vs. 16. Nintendi
4. PDC vs. 13. Posho

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
1. ABR vs. 16. Tiebreakwinner - ABR is good, lucky and on fire atm oO
2. SoulWind vs. 15. Marshall.Law - will be hard for marshall but we will see :)
3. blunder vs. 14. Alexander. - two rlly good players, i believe blunder has the edge in the more recent gens tho
4. PDC vs. 13. Posho - i believe pdc has the slight edge here, posho is solid tho
5. Poek vs. 12. Steve Angello - LOOOOS
6. craing ;_; vs. 11. Lcans - ben is just really good and i didn't see too much of lcans yet but looking forward to it :)
7. FlamingVictini vs. 10. Empo - you can do it my boy
8. Ciele vs. 9. Kickasser - if no one of my friends wins then i guess i am rooting for this guy to win the whole thing. He seems to play pretty aggressive and i strongly believe he can win this. Predicting him to win oras and sm and lose bw to ciele.

1. ABR vs. 16. Nintendi
4. PDC vs. 13. Posho

GO Posho, Poek and Lcans!!

Well, congratulations to all 16 players who reached playoffs!

I'm keeping the playoffs spreadsheet updated, so here ya some little stats:
  • This is the first playoff phase for a lot of users: ABR, ben gay, Empo, FlamingVictini, Kickasser, Lcans, Nintendi, Poek and Steve Angello; Smogon Tour didn't have so much newcomers since Season 20 (which had 9 as well).
  • About remaining users, second playoff for Alexander (ST20) and Posho (ST22); third in a row for Blunder (ST21 and 22); fourth for Marshall.Law (ST15, 17 and 19); fifth for PDC (ST17, 19, 20 and 21); seventh for Ciele (ST13, 14, 16, 17, 21 and 22) and SoulWind (ST13, 15, 18, 19, 21 and 22), who both achieve the record of Bloo and McMeghan in reaching playoffs more times than any other user.
  • Posho is the only player that always reached at least finals in playoffs he reached (no shit he reached them once.. still a good job tho), while Alexander is the only player who never went past Round 1 in playoffs he reached. Wish both of them good luck in respectively keeping and breaking their current record.
  • Blunder has to go past round 1 to break his downward trend (he reached round 2 in season 21 and just round 1 in season 22), while Marshall.Law has to win the whole tour to keep his forward trend (he reached round 2 in season 15 and 17, and he won season 19).
  • BKC currently joined the club of "users that have stopped reaching playoffs after winning the last one they joined" (season 22 in this case); wish him to get outta there in next season.
  • noone of the current pairings happened in the past.
  • following pairings could happen again, though: Ciele vs Posho (season 22 R2); Blunder vs SoulWind (season 21 R2)
and here is the full Smogon Tour playoffs history statistics spreadsheet, for those who appreciate this kind of things. If you want to add it to any statistic thread related about official tours I wouldn't mind it.

Last edited:
1. ABR vs. 16. Nintendi
4. PDC vs. 13. Posho
5. Poek vs. 12. Steve Angello -

1. ABR vs. 16. Nintendi
4. PDC vs. 13. Posho

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I wish people would pity SoulWind and just let him win. I've never seen someone tried so hard for a decade and failed countless of times to win an individual trophy. It's so sad. Do what bluewind does and go get a job and quit wasting time on here. Get a cat or two while you're at it. They help with broken souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)