Playoffs Smogon Tour Season 14 Finals [Won by McMeghan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going down either tomorrow or Monday. Sorry for the delay but shit happens. Funkasaurus sucks. We'll post the server half an hour before the games.

King Jasonpwn demands to see this battle go down, how dare BKC and McMeghan keep his highness waiting. Shame on you two.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well let's just say neither of them would be getting a trophy any time soon unless they get their matches done.

I love you, BKC, but I'm rooting for my fellow Ruiner, McMeghan :D

Got it, KG, my sincere apologies for not being able to come on or do anything mons-related for 5 days and then not being immediately prepared...

jesus christ

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Mc.Meghan V.
BKC

Finally we have come to the end of the Smogon Tour 14. On the right corner we have Mc.Meghan, which in the semifinals defeated Malekith. Mc.Nuggets as you know is one of the most prolific and strong among French battlers of his time; also his talent allowed him to be very strong in all generations.
On the left corner, instead, we have Blazin Kickin Chicken, a strong, talented and young Czech battler which defeated Vinc in the semifinals. In short, we expect a final between titans. Will McMeghan win the 14th edition of the Smogon Tour, or will BKC, carried away by anger for losing at the first round of OST, be the one to win the "LavosTour"?

GL Both.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I see the already 8 day extension was worthwhile, going on three weeks without a single game done. In case it was not already obvious that is a record. If the games could have been done within the original, reasonable length of time this situation would not exist, would it? It is no longer on me to see this tournament through to its conclusion. I have taken every necessary step except disqualification to attempt to provide the viewers with set of final games. Unfortunately, there has been a historic display of delinquency on the part of the players of this tournament. And it is delinquency when you see that players in other big tournaments get their games done in a timely fashion. Obviously, that is an extraordinary example, but no more extraordinary than this being in its third week.

peng

fuck xatu
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
its a pokemon tournament on the internet and the grand prize is a 16x16 pixel trophy under their username

why is the delay such an issue

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
sorry am i initially had a much wittier response but then i was informed that i had misread kg's post so i had to edit it

:(

Lavos

Banned deucer.
as far as I know irl issues generally take precedence over online so cut bkc some slack...there's a world beyond pokemon. that being said, I agree the matches should have been done by now, there were multiple opportunities for them to be completed. however, we've waited three weeks already, one more day isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. both bkc and mcmeghan got this far, making some administrative decision based on activity right now would be the wrong thing to do.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
I see the already 8 day extension was worthwhile, going on three weeks without a single game done. In case it was not already obvious that is a record. If the games could have been done within the original, reasonable length of time this situation would not exist, would it? It is no longer on me to see this tournament through to its conclusion. I have taken every necessary step except disqualification to attempt to provide the viewers with set of final games. Unfortunately, there has been a historic display of delinquency on the part of the players of this tournament. And it is delinquency when you see that players in other big tournaments get their games done in a timely fashion. Obviously, that is an extraordinary example, but no more extraordinary than this being in its third week.
Vinc vs me lgi :doom:

It's one extra day, fuck off

Me & McM will fight to the death today. We'll post the server half an hour before we start!

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
BKC and I will play on Pokemonexperte (PO2) at 17h GMT +1 (which means roughly three hours from now).

Lost in some pretty stupid adv/dpp matches...regardless ggs and congrats

Thanks to all the dudes that helped me out this season, Id make a long list but i'm lazy. special shoutout to AM, Fakes, Scooters, US East, and the Beastaroonis :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)