Playoffs Smogon Tour Season 15 - Finals [Won by Ojama]

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
1. Ojama vs. 16. Jira => It will be closer than what most people think
2. McMeghan vs. 15. TV-Rocka => The key will be ADV
3. Bloo vs. 14. CyberOdin => Bloo too strong
4. Heist vs. 13 Marshall.Law => Heist wins ADV and BW
5. undisputed vs. 12. HSA => ADV and DPP
6. SoulWind vs. 11. reyscarface => BW and DPP with luck
7. CrashinBoomBang vs. 10. DarkLoïc => ADV and DPP, it will be close
8. 1996ITO vs. 9. Bad Ass =>DPP will be the key. Ito wins BW and Bad Ass wins ADV

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Ojama vs. (16A. ShakeItUp vs. 16B. jira) - Highlight of this round.
2. McMeghan vs. 15. TV-Rocka
3. Bloo vs. 14. CyberOdin
4. Heist vs. 13 Marshall.Law
5. undisputed vs. 12. HSA
6. SoulWind vs. 11. reyscarface
7. CrashinBoomBang vs. 10. DarkLoïc
8. 1996ITO vs. 9. Bad Ass

Preliminary Playoff

16A. ShakeItUp vs 16B. jira

Round 1

1. Ojama vs. 16. Playoff Winner

cbb to not choke on a toast just yet, mcmeghan will fall to germeny and heist will lose because he's from nz and marshall wrecks; hsa will choke

First of all, congrats to these excellent players. Then my predictions:

Round 1

1. Ojama vs. 16. ShakeItUp

Preliminary Playoff

Round 1

Preliminary Playoff

16A. ShakeItUp (BW, ADV) vs 16B.jira(DPP) - i don't know a lot about jira, but i think siu is constantly underrated. his bw is unpredictable to play against, and adv will probably be the decider in my opinion

Round 1

1. Ojama (all 3) vs. 16. ShakeItUp - ojama is such a beast. siu is unpredictable, so i wouldn't be shocked if he pulled the upset, but ojama is just one of the best players in the game right now. i know ojama is going to bring his best stuff

2. McMeghan (ADV, BW) vs. 15.TV-Rocka (DPP) - porengan almost has to win in dpp as it's his best metagame i believe. i think mcmeghan has a distinct edge in the other two though

3. Bloo (all 3) vs. 14. CyberOdin - cyberodin is pretty good from what i've seen. he's got some really creative dpp teams, so bloo should be careful. bloo is an elite player in all 3 metas though, so i'd be surprised if he couldn't win 2/3 at least

4. Heist (ADV, BW) vs. 13 Marshall.Law (DPP) - i don't understand heist, is mystery boy. marshall.law might be the most underrated player in the top 16 though, wouldn't be surprised by an upset

5. undisputed vs. 12. HSA - hoping for some fun, clean matches. if there is such a thing

6. SoulWind (BW, DPP) vs. 11. reyscarface (ADV) - soulwind has definitely been a strong player of the past few months. i think he is also a little more motivated than rey, but that doesn't always mean a win either. rey is a fantastic, elite player when he brings his best stuff, so i'm torn on this one

7. CrashinBoomBang (ADV) vs. 10. DarkLoïc (DPP, BW) - cbb slays adv, so he could and should win that one. darkloic is always underrated for the skill i've seen, so i like his chances outside of adv. if cbb loses adv, he's definitely in hot water

8. 1996ITO vs. 9. Bad Ass (all 3) - i think bad ass is really the dark horse of this year's tour. excellent performance in superstars, and his team styles are pretty unpredictable. im not as familiar with ito, but i could see bad ass pulling off upsets against a lot of different players

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
1. Ojama vs. (16A. ShakeItUp vs 16B. jira)
5. undisputed vs. 12. HSA - The brown person will win

Some great games here, gl to all

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
1. Ojama vs. 16. Playoff Winner - i can see shakeitup winning the playoff and then just pulling his usual crazy gimmicks and catching ojama off guard in BW, but i don't even know if he plays ADV/DP that much, and there aren't as many crazy things to compensate for lack of traditional skill in this tier. the matches will definitely be interesting to watch tho.

2. McMeghan vs. 15. TV-Rocka - it's mcmeghan. strongest player in the game right now. rocka will give him a run for his money in dp but meghan is just too solid all around.

3. Bloo vs. 14. CyberOdin - again i think bloo has a skill advantage here. depends on how well odin can team build to compensate.

4. Heist vs. 13 Marshall.Law - even though mcmeghan is the best player imo, heist is the one that i least want to face. very unpredictable and really good at all 3 tiers. also probably makes the best teams out of anyone left.

5. undisputed vs. 12. HSA - how is hsa even in the finals
6. SoulWind vs. 11. reyscarface - this is probably the most even matchup. i would maybe give soulwind a slight advantage because rey hasn't been very interested in the game lately, which might mean that he won't be motivated to make good teams/practice, but then again i think he has more old-gen experience and can therefore build better teams, which is why i give him the series.

7. CrashinBoomBang vs. 10. DarkLoïc - i think both of their best tiers are adv? and cbb is a pretty darn good adv player so i think he can take that one. however, loic just won that bw tour so he's no slouch there, and idk about cbb's new gen play. it depends on if he can step it up with some innovative teams to top loic (and i think he can)

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Kennen

dont you worry child
1. Ojama vs. 16. jira Ojama too mainstream.
2. McMeghan vs. 15. TV-Rocka porengan wins dpp, megaman the others.
3. Bloo vs. 14. CyberOdin GO ODIIIIIIN *-*
4. Heist vs. 13 Marshall.Law stronger player than marshall imo
5. undisputed vs. 12. HSA mah boy will beat hsa.
6. SoulWind vs. 11. reyscarface I think reyscarface will win ADV + DPP.
7. CrashinBoomBang vs. 10. DarkLoïc joke?
8. 1996ITO vs. 9. Bad Ass Sorry culomalo, but I trust in my boy ITO.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Round 1

1. Ojama vs. 16. jira

Why not? Go big or go home.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Preliminary Playoff

Could really go either way, I thought Shake would have won BW and jira DPP but the opposite happened so far. I will go with jira for the last game as ShakeItUp has showed difficulties to get points in ADV during the regular season. I think Shake is the perfect player to bring stuff that win in a face-to-face challenge tho.

Round 1

1. Ojama (ADV, DPP, BW) vs. 16. jira
Ojama has been a top-notch player for the past few months, and I expect him (and want him) to go as far as possible this season (and may as well win it :naughty:). Anyway, as showed during the regular season, he really knows what he's doing in ADV and BW (despite the tier known issues, he has been very consistent at it). On the other hand, jira is not to be messed up with, especially in DPP.

Have fun in advance Porengan, this should be a cool serie and I'm especially looking forward the ADV and DPP games.

3. Bloo (ADV, DPP, BW) vs. 14. CyberOdin
Just like Ojama, Bloo is a really great player all around and I'm putting my money on him. CyberOdin proved that he was a rising player and at this state of the competition, it's pretty clear that nobody should be taken lightly. I think Bloo has the edge particulary in DPP and BW, and I wouldn't be very surprised if CyberOdin takes ADV.

4. Heist (ADV, BW) vs. 13 Marshall.Law (DPP)
That's a really neat match-up between one of the most solid and consistent player and one rising star (who happens to be a french camarade!). I think Heist has the upper-hand in ADV, and despite his DPP skill, Marshall has been really good in that tier lately and he may as well win some more game there. May come down to BW, which could go either way. I would actually like Marshall advancing but Heist is a really great player.

5. undisputed (ADV, DPP) vs. 12. HSA (BW)
A really interesting match-up as well. I faced HSA in BW and he can be really great if he doesn't let the stake affect his plays. Undisputed has been one of the best DPPer around lately and he has way more experience old-gen wise, and that's why I think he will come out as the winner of that pairing.

6. SoulWind (DPP, BW) vs. 11. reyscarface (ADV)
As a lot of people already said, this is probably one of the most even match-up of this round (and one of the coolest one imo). SoulWind kept progressing more and more and reyscarface is probably one of the most intimidating player around. I'm just giving Soulwind a slight edge as Rey didnt show much involvement in the game lately, but that may change in the playoff.

7. CrashinBoomBang (ADV) vs. 10. DarkLoïc (DPP)
One of the toughest pairing to pick for me as I appreciate both players a lot. CrashinBoomBang can be really impressive and outplay most players, especially when they play safely or "logically". On the other hand, DarkLoïc can play hit-or-miss teams and do some erratic plays that may work very well vs cbb. If the stake doesnt affect their plays, I think it will just be an even match-up (coming down to BW).

8. 1996ITO (BW) vs. 9. Bad Ass (ADV, DPP)
Bad Ass is probably one of the most underrated player who I think is top-notch at the game right now. I fully expect him to take DPP (his strongest tier imo, where he's quite impressive). ITO has shown multiple times that he was pretty good at BW and if it comes down to ADV, I'd give the edge to Bad Ass who trained a lot in that tier for the Tour and SuperStars.

By the way, congratulations to everyone who made it and I wish everyone a lot of fun! Thanks to the TD staff and every host that took time to made this season successfull as well.

1. Ojama vs. 16. Playoff Winner(shakeItUp)
3. Bloo vs. 14. CyberOdin - It will be closer than people make it out to be.

Heist to win

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Round 1

1. Ojama vs. 16. Playoff Winner - would be happy to see either ojama/SIU take this
6. SoulWind vs. 11. reyscarface - would be happy to see either take this. Edge to rey cos adv

i really stopped even trying to do this after getting hax'd other random bs happened in the first few weeks, anyway. Undisputed's gonna win it no point in the rest of this

NightFox

Banned deucer.
Round 1

Preliminary Playoff

Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)