Smogon Tour: Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
With the new year upon us, it is time to begin the next installment of The Smogon Tour! The format and rules will be the same as before, following the OU/UU/Uber rotation. The first tournament will take place on Saturday, January 17th at 8:00pm Eastern. Sign-ups will be posted then. You'll want to reference the Smogon Tour portion of the website to get full details! Get excited!

http://www.smogon.com/tournaments/tour/

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice looking like its gonna be another great year for Smogon Tour!

Lets all give a round of applause to Aeolus for his hard work pulling this together as well. :D

I'm going to assume that the UU tiers will revert back to their previous state, since the current metagame is rather unstable.

I'm going to assume that the UU tiers will revert back to their previous state, since the current metagame is rather unstable.
I've heard it would be new UU, although it would be usefull if was stated somewhere

At least it would sound strange to me if we had to play an official tournament in a tier that doesn't exist anymore and thus can't be practiced

matty

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Will people like me be able to take part?
Since I live in India and its GMT 5:30-
Ya, read the link that Aeolus provided. If you have any additional questions, ask one of the mods on Shoddy Battle and we can also explain stuff in most cases

Since the last tour, Smogon has gained some very skilled players in all the tiers. This should be fun to compete in. I just need to attend all of them instead of the 3-4 I did last time. >_<. Thanks Aeolus. :)

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cool, should be fun. Obviously im winning it all this time. :)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gets excited.

I'm obviously going to win this time, if I manage to play a lot / get lucky in Ubers :)

I can't wait for this I am almost ready but I would like a definite answer on what the situation is for the UU tier for the smogon tour.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The Smogon Tour reflects the current state of the standard ladder for respective tiers. That should answer any questions about UU.

i might join this, I want to test my team. hopefully i might be able to join, even though i can only come on at weekends, and i live in England. so, yeah.

This is going to be sick.

I expect Gallade to still be 6-0ing everything, as he is easily overpowered, also expecting a bunch of Abomnasnow.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You don't sign up here if that's what you're thinking.

A sign up thread will be posted at the start time in the Shoddy Battle server, or you can wait here at the start time and refresh until the topic appears.

Even though I just joined today on forums can I sign up? I play a lot and I can get a 1500+ rating on smogon if you give me a couple hours.

matty

Yes, as long as you post in the Sign-up thread at 8est time you will be admitted. Please be on the server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)