Official Smogon Tournament XI - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Activity Win Request

I schedule d with my opponent, but he missed the schedule time/day that he choose. I don t know what to do, i have no more time to spend in the next days.
I had to work longer, there was nothing I could do.
Well, we also scheduled for Sunday, where you didn't respond for a few days...
I'd be up to play tomorrow before the deadline, in like 22h....

Can we please have an extension if this doesn't work out?

Last edited:
Activity Win Request

Tomorrow and saturday will be busy for me, so I won't be making myself available without advance notice or any scheduling efforts from my opponent.

[Feb 8]: Contacted opponent with a list of available days
[Feb 11]: No response, another message sent after seeing opponent online a few times
[Feb 11]: Opponent responds, and we agree on the 17th (6 hr time difference)
[Feb 15]: I provide available times for the 17th in attempt to schedule a specific time
[Feb 17]: No show
[Feb 18]: Opponent suggests 20th instead
[Feb 18]: I ask for available times in attempt to schedule a specific time again
[Feb 19]: Opponent seen online earlier today, no response
[Feb 20]: No show

Last edited:
Activity Win Request

opponent has been on once since the round was posted, and did not reply to my vm.

paradox.ans was last seen:

Tuesday at 3:57 PM

Activity Win Request

I hit up Typhlito early this morning to let him know that we have to battle today and he only responded about an hour and a half ago and then disappeared. Ive been watching the forums all day to see if this guy would pop up. If he does it will only be for a split second. He messaged me saying if I could battle in an hour and I responded but he never followed up. No sight of him on Smogtours or PS. He told me when we got matched up that his time zone was EST. I am CST so there is no reason that we should not be able to cross paths on the forums. He never communicated to me what type of schedule he has during the day time. I would say his interest level in this is pretty low.

Really appreciate Kokoloko giving me the win because of the missed schedule times.
As I have told him I was unable to play from this time on until the deadline, Unfortunately the first two times we scheduled to play this week he wasn't able to play as he hadn't built a team yet, and the third time we scheduled unfortunately he wasn't able to come online and play.

Thanks for being nice enough to just give me the activity win bro.

Activity Win Request

My opponent and I have had major timezone and availability clashes. Last weekend my opponent told me he was available all day Friday (my Saturday). I spent 16 hours waiting for my opponent to turn up that day. I left for 2 hours to take my gf out for Valentines day, in those 2 hours my opponent had conveniently popped on and had already left when I got back, hardly "available all day Friday". I spend another 10 hours on my Sunday (his Saturday) waiting to see if he would think to check if I was on as we could only play that weekend, he obviously had better things to do (can't really blame him for that one as we never made a time for Sunday, I just thought it would be common sense to pop on for 2 seconds to see if I was on). He messaged me saying he would play at 8:30PM Monday my time, to which I was 25 minutes late for as I worked late and didn't see his message until I got home. He claims he was on and left assuming I wouldn't show up, but in reality he was last seen 3 hours before the time he made so he was just lying about when he was on trying to seem more active or something, which he wasn't. It's not like my opponent hasn't been inactive, he just has been on when i'm at work during the week and won't come on during the weekends, whereas i'm online when he's asleep during the week. I feel that I deserve the activity win because my opponent and I had a perfect time to play, a time that he set that he did not turn up to, instead I wasted my whole weekend waiting for him to never turn up. I'm busy for the rest of the weekend which I have already told my opponent, i'm not missing a concert then my friends 21st to play mons.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Activity Win Request

I contacted my opponent 2 weeks ago and he said he'd be available on the following week. I agreed and told him where he could meet me on IRC and he didn't say a word until I contacted him again, where he said he'd be free to play on this weekend. Although I have classes every day (saturdays too) and was enjoying carnival I managed to be available on every single day, on any time he wanted, to play our matches. I have to admit I was naive to think I wouldn't get johned, since it's an admirable Brazilian strategy, but you have to understand I was too busy studying and going out to actually be concerned about the major johning I could be facing on this particular round. I'm sorry for being silly, but that doesn't change the fact that my opponent has johned me until this very moment and that I tried to get our matches done under unfavorable circumstances. That said, I'd appreciate an acitivity win over my opponent, and if he finally decides to give 1/4 of a fuck about this tournament I'll be more than glad to play the matches we should've played 2 weeks ago.

Im New Attitude's opponent, I overslept by a couple hours due to illness and have contacted to arrange something. I must say the strict European time zones and real short time span are a massive inconvenience, but whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)