Finals Official Smogon Tournament XII - Finals [no winner]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo

Banned deucer.
lol...
you're right, i will stop posting here.
I just want to say one more thing: I know i fucked up and i am sorry for what i did.
Although my only intention was to help a friend i know that isn't an excuse to break the law and i deserve this punishment.
The only thing i don't agree with is this riot to take njnp's trophy, he is already being punished, i think taking the trophy may be going too far. but i am not a td so i can't decide anything, who knows what might happen in the future.
No need to respond to me any longer, i won't be posting anymore in this thread.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Indeed xray :pirate:

Also, I agree with dunk, nintendi and kingler should be given at least a silver trophy :(! (sloth)

If one is caught for cheating and partially delegitimizing an official tournament -- a tournament that people spend many hours teambuilding and playtesting for -- there are three options:

A. profusely apologize and promise your future actions will make amends for your misstep

B. do what dice did, acknowledge the hopelessness of your situation and lay low for a while

C. act snarky about it

At least 3 people slapped with the "Tournament banned" label have chosen option C in this thread (with only the snowcap dude apologizing for it). That is god damn infuriating, if you cheated in an official tour, how hard is it to at least pretend to be a decent person?

It's a Pokemon tour who gives a fuck its a children's game
tell that to:

BradSharp, newrof, bouff, dice, snowcap, and at least 8 other people who have yet to realize that.

Not to mention that several cases of ghosting go unpunished, which makes it even more prominent.

Honestly, OST is a running joke at this point. Fuck ghosters, man. Make me sick. Why do you have to ruin the game for people who genuinely want a good experience? Even worse, why the fuck do you have to BRAG about it?

Doing something like that speaks voluumes about the kind of person you are. It's not just ghosting, it's the consequences of ghosting are and what it means for OST as a whole.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
legalize ghosting

-it would stop all these controversies (and in the future) because people are gonna continue to ghost, especially now that it's a dangerous thing to do
-it doesn't give the player an unfair advantage. Ghosting isn't cheating, you are just following the advice of someone else who doesn't know what the opponent will do any better than you do.
-It's between 2+ consenting adults, why the fuck should you care about them helping each other?
-If the person who is ghosted wins some high profile matches or a trophy, you might say it's not fair they get the credit when it's really the ghost who won it...well then, the ghost can always reveal themselves at the end and grab all the credit. Problem solved

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
legalize ghosting

-it would stop all these controversies (and in the future) because people are gonna continue to ghost, especially now that it's a dangerous thing to do
-it doesn't give the player an unfair advantage. Ghosting isn't cheating, you are just following the advice of someone else who doesn't know what the opponent will do any better than you do.
-It's between 2+ consenting adults, why the fuck should you care about them helping each other?
-If the person who is ghosted wins some high profile matches or a trophy, you might say it's not fair they get the credit when it's really the ghost who won it...well then, the ghost can always reveal themselves at the end and grab all the credit. Problem solved
this is a joke, right?

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
although ur obvly joking give harder punishments for ghosting imo --> problem solved

although ur obvly joking give harder punishments for ghosting imo --> problem solved
harder punishment does nearly nothing to prevent people from cheating.

If you think about it the opportunity to win 100$ vs the prospect of a tournament ban is a recipe for cheating, especially in a tour format like this

Too easy to talk in hindsight I know lol

And also letting a cheater keep his trophy reduces any prestige this tournament had in the first place (almost zero) even more :/

I know that he is never going to give back the money as this point if he got it already (hell I wouldn't) but removing the trophy is the least you can do come on

leremyju

Banned deucer.
I think people are just jealous Matty is jacked, has a life outside Pokemon, and a girlfriend.
I think people are just mad at njnp since he came out of nowhere and won this tour, and then called himself a god. tele calls himself a god etc (no disrespect ily tele)... but doesn't get a fucking witch hunt. If anyone won OST they should be excited and shit.

I think people are just jealous Matty is jacked, has a life outside Pokemon, and a girlfriend.
I think people are just mad at njnp since he came out of nowhere and won this tour, and then called himself a god. tele calls himself a god etc (no disrespect ily tele)... but doesn't get a fucking witch hunt. If anyone won OST they should be excited and shit.
stop posting. nobody gives a fuck about your friend matty's life. nobody denied the fact that njnp is good at this game. tele didn't get witch hunted? what the fuck are you talking about; tele was the most hated person on this site for months.

people just don't think a cheater should get a prize. you're simply dense.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Odds are most of the people virtue signaling that they TOTALLY HATE CHEATING have engaged in the same exact behavior that resulted in the tourney bans here. Hell this is mild compared to what people were knowingly doing just a few years ago. The strictness in which we're applying these "ghosting" rules is relatively new in the grand scheme of things. The idea of stripping njnp of his trophy strikes me as a bit of an over-correction spurned on by a few factors (the obvious one being what I gather as a general dislike of the user in question).

I know the TDs already made a ruling, but I thought I'd weigh in my two cents to break up the bandwagon mob calls for njnp's head. I hate to see someone dogpiled because they've done something most of us have done at one point or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)