Finals Smogon Tournament #5 FINALS - [Won by august]

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Congratulations august. Eh, aside from that Stone Edge miss it really was a great battle, I just wish it could've hit. Anyway again, great match and congratulations. You can also expect to see a RMT and a Warstory (from an earlier ST5 match) on my end too.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I remember playing you in the team tourney august... you've come a long way man! Congrats!

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Congrats, dude. I knew you could make it. :)

(champion august has a nice ring to it)

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Once again, thanks everyone.

Id especially like to thank Jimbo, KG, Twash and Misaki Chi for constantly giving me confidence boosters, telling me i could win etc. You guys are the best.

Both reasonable by what locopoke said there.

And W0000000T I knew august would do it. Remember what I said after he beat Jabba only 2 more rounds and its done. Now its done.

I wish just everybody would have listened to august's temporary signature after beating Jabba: Keep your eyes on me.
Thats a song lol

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I love how it literally came down to a coinflip in the end with August with a very very slight edge and august won!

gg stone edge :(

but i'm confused why

1) Skarmory switched into Heatran
2) Salamence stayed in on Mamoswine

1 was unnecessary... and 2 seems silly since mence would have won that game with little trouble at that point.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
but i'm confused why

1) Skarmory switched into Heatran
2) Salamence stayed in on Mamoswine

1 was unnecessary... and 2 seems silly since mence would have won that game with little trouble at that point.
I switched Skarmory in on Heatran because Heatran coming in on Mamoswine poses an obvious Fire Blast, which means Blissey is the obvious switch-in. I expected him to predict Blissey and use Explosion.

The reason Salamence was kept in was because (I'm just assuming here) the last time I used Ice Shard, Gyarados came in. august probably expected Stone Edge and stayed in to Flamethrower me.

Both reasonable by what locopoke said there.

And W0000000T I knew august would do it. Remember what I said after he beat Jabba only 2 more rounds and its done. Now its done.

I wish just everybody would have listened to august's temporary signature after beating Jabba: Keep your eyes on me.

EDIT: Yeah august but I somehow don't think that got put there RIGHT AFTER you beat Jabba for no reason. I think people should have kept their eyes on you anyways.

I switched Skarmory in on Heatran because Heatran coming in on Mamoswine poses an obvious Fire Blast, which means Blissey is the obvious switch-in. I expected him to predict Blissey and use Explosion.

The reason Salamence was kept in was because (I'm just assuming here) the last time I used Ice Shard, Gyarados came in. august probably expected Stone Edge and stayed in to Flamethrower me.

and this is why we think rather than predict

Congrats august!!! can't believe I missed the match =/.

Oh by the way, does the winner of the Prediction Tour get anything? lolol. Highly dsoubt it but worth a shot. Anyways congrats to both for making it this far!

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Congrats august!!! can't believe I missed the match =/.

Oh by the way, does the winner of the Prediction Tour get anything? lolol. Highly dsoubt it but worth a shot. Anyways congrats to both for making it this far!

I just re-read the original post. You get a 1-time custom title. That means you get a custom title but you're not allowed to change it (unless you get badged, of course). So congrats for winning Hec lol

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
And Everyone, let us not forget all the hard work sonius has put in for this tournament.

Thankyou Sonius for all your time and effort, you have done an absolutely fabulous job of maintaining this tournament.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats august and everyone else that participated.

Also I'd like to echo that thank you to Sonuis, you had to put up with a lot of crap to make this tournament go. Whether people think it was deserved or not, don't think that your contribution isn't appreciated as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)