Smogon Tournament #6: Predictions Tournament (round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm
Here's an idea: after each round of predictions is over, list how many ppl predicted one battler
For example:

Earthworm vs -Mind-
Earthworm - 197
-Mind- - 120

Without revealing who predicted whom, of course.

You should always vote yourself. Be confident and win it man.
Good ;) I did last game and beated mal. So that's definetly a good idea ^.^

And yet again alot of peeps vote for my opponent >.>

Just wait everyone.... This star will turn into a supernova ^.^ just wait....

Edit: Predictions send, and I voted mostly for underdogs, underdogs ftw! Why? Round one was obvious enough >.<

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
My analysis of last rounds results.

Man this was a round for upsets!

There were 110 matches that did not end up involving substitutions (also not including LonelyNess's match which I believe was a giant stuff up on our part). Of those, the predicted favourite won 60. Which means there were 50 upsets this round. Which gives the wisdom of the crowds a 55% success rate.

In total there were 19950 predictions made on those matches. Of those, 10704 were correct. A 54% rate of success.

The upset of the round award was a hard fought affair. Disposable Puppets taking out Loki early on seemed about as good a candidate as anyone could hope for, but with a player of Zero's calibre a 5-178 underdog and the way the matches had been going there always seemed a chance someone would overtake him. Earthworm avoided the potential embarrassment, and it was Intro1827 who managed to steal the title, with a win against pre-tournament #3 Gouki.

There was still some hope for Gouki, with Kevin Garrett, predicted to win unanimously, still to complete his match. In the end, he obliged, losing, but against the substitute dbolt. Since had dbolt been his opponent from the start he most likely would have received some predictions, Intro1827 remains the tournaments giant killer so far.

Now, to count up the results!

Have a nice day.

19,950 predictions? o_O Too bad it didn't hit 20k lol

I sent in my predictions yesterday.

EDIT: Tied with like 17 people for 11 points out...hmm, still within firing range for a podium spot in predictions lol.

Cool, not that far behind! Tons of highlight matches this round, BTW. Expecting more upsets. Randomuser6235 to win it all!!!

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Only 10 out of the lead, not too bad, especially considering my pre-tourney pick is still alive.

Also, I must thank 12 brave voters who voted for me, I unfortunately must say that I am not one of those 12. ._.

ZandgaiaX 65

You serious :O awesome!

And on a side note: lol 17 peeps voted for me, 164 for Mal ^.^ why do I get the feeling it will happen this round too? <.<

I guess Luck just hates me.

Twist of Fate: 162
Blue_Tornado: 20

And the funny thing is I actually predicted myself to lose =/

I guess 66 points is cool for now, good luck to everyone.

Wombat Skye Forme: 132
TheLegendKiller: 49

I predicted myself to lose, and so did many others, but eh round 1 was full of twists and turns. I hope the same happens this round ;D

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I had a 166 votes to win and 17 against me. I bet i'll be the one with 17 on me to win this time and 166 for pana xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)