Smogon Tournament #6 Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Smogon Tournament #6 Round 5

Head Judges: Sonuis, Aeolus
Flunkies: Other Tournament Directors i am no

How to Join or Host a Tournament

Smogon Tournament #6
Smogon Tournament #6 Round 1
Smogon Tournament #6 Round 2
Smogon Tournament #6 Round 3
Smogon Tournament #6 Round 4

Smogon Tournament #6 Predictions thread

Welcome to the Smogon Tournament #6 Registration Thread! Here, you will learn all the information you need to know in order to understand and participate in the sixth Smogon Tournament!

What is Smogon Tournament #6?

Smogon Tournament #6 is the official Smogon Tournament which recognizes one person whose skill is greater than everyone on the Smogon Forum! It is a standard OU tournament that Smogon runs once a year to test players in the current meta game! However, getting in is slightly stricter than getting into most other tournaments.

Joining Rules
  1. You must have a good standing title on Smogon. This means you cannot have the "I Could Be Banned!" status under your nickname.
  2. If you have just registered at Smogon, you cannot join this tournament. This requirement may be avoided if you have made a sufficient number of quality posts, which will be determined by Sonuis. Similarly, if you have been inactive over long periods of time, then you may be disallowed to join. The reasoning for this rule is that we are trying to make sure nobody will be inactive over the course of the tournament.
  3. If you have registered with a join date for quite a few months at Smogon but lack posts, your eligibility will be put into question due to your idle time. You can't call it lurking for six months to a year. We'll determine if you're active enough to join.
If you discover that your post was deleted that had your registration for Smogon Tournament #6, that means you were rejected from joining. You broke a rule from the above. Do not post asking to register again if your first post was deleted. There will be a 256 player cap. All registrations after that will turn into substitute slots. There will be a need for substitutes.

Specific Rules

• This is a standard OU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Shoddy Battle.
Basic Battle Rules
  • Species Clause
    • You cannot have more than one of the same species of a Pokémon on your team.
      • Example: You cannot have two Charmander on your team.
  • Uber Clause
    • Pokémon in the Uber Tier list are not allowed to be on your team.
      • Latias is not considered a part of the Uber Tier. Manaphy and Garchomp are part of the Uber Tier
  • Sleep Clause
    • You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokémon asleep at the same time.
  • Evasion Clause
    • A Pokémon cannot use Double Team or Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause
    • A Pokémon cannot use Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
  • Self-KO Clause
    • If both players are down to one Pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both Pokémon to force a tie.
      • Should a move which causes recoil damage ends the game in a tie, then the match will be redone.
        • Shoddybattle does not have ties. So, always calculate the recoil damage before deciding the winner if it comes close to the situation.
  • Soul Dew Clause
    • A Pokémon is not allowed to hold Soul Dew.
Questions and Answers
  • Q: Do I need to save a log of my match as proof of my victory this year?
    • No. All the logs are stored on the Smogon Official
  • Q: Will there be a Predictions Tournament like last year?
    • Yes. It will be hosted by Hipmonlee.
  • If I was rejected, can I at least sign up as a sub?
    • A: No.
  • What do I do if my opponent disconnects? Am I obliged to give a rematch?
    • Get into contact with a Tournament Director and explain the circumstances to them, then explain what you would like to do. If a dispute is raised, have a log ready to show so that a final decision can be made with full knowledge of the situation to maintain maximum fairness. If a rematch is to occur, explain the conditions of the rematch that you wish to enforce (eg. same teams, same moves) BEFORE the match begins to the Tournament Director. Appeals may be issued to Aeolus in extreme situations. Revisions of Tournament Direction decisions will be extraordinarily rare.
  • If I win my match, in the next round, am I allowed to use a different team?
    • Yes.
Pairings

panamaxis vs zarator
zorbees vs Kinneas
hanke vs Stathakis
Sapientia vs Atticus
vashta vs Delta 2777
TAY vs TheFourthChaser
Toaster vs Earthworm
Junior vs Bogmire

You can begin your battles on Hangover Day (Thursday, March 18th, 12:00 AM, PDT)

Round Deadline: Friday, March 26th, 9:00 PM, PDT.

May the Luck of the Irish be with you all!

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for the heads up Earthworm >_<.

Anyway, should have my match completed by the weekend.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Me and Vashta will hopefully be battling on Wednesday at [EDIT: Undisclosed time], if that doesn't work then we may have a problem ._.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PM'd tfc back. I probably won't be able to play until next week since I'm on spring break.

Also proud to see bros are 3/3 !

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
TAY, the deadline is on Friday they gave us a shorter round because there is less people. I don't know if you'll be available but one suggestion from irc was

<Scofield> post and tell him to go to the library or something

im proud of the bros! atticus you slay that germen, although if sapientia renounced his germen blood i would gladly accept him as a westerner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)