1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Smogon Tournament #9 - Finals [Won by gr8astard]

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Earthworm, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skulltula

skulltula

10/10 would laugh again :jump:
  2. Nova

Nova kakakakakakakakaka
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Wanna see how freakin' great, solid, thick and tight the TDs can get over this
  3. Ginku

Ginku Farbenprächtig
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

hahaha
  4. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

5. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

everybody got so caught up in wanting to be a winner, that they have forsaken the game itself. pokemon, the once prestigious and beautiful game is burning downs all round us. i remember when all everybody wanted to do was to be the very best, like noone ever was. now all everybody wants to do is win. i hang my big hed in shame.

[​IMG]

i pray for thiss site, and it player
  6. YTP

YTP

Double01 should have known the rules. It is his fault that this happened. I blame the lack of preparation by that Dunk guy and Double01 for what has happened here. Gr8astard deserved this win because of his advanced studies of the rules and superior battling skills. To the people saying that if Gr8astard was really better, he could've used a different team and still won, if Double01 was better shouldn't he have won? Nope because he wasn't better and also lacked preparation.

Tl;Dr: Gr8 is better than all of you
  7. Deluks917

Deluks917 Ride on Shooting Star
    is a Tiering Contributor

gr8 took the replay round 2. There was nothing he could do in the finals that would have pleased smogon. Might as well take the win.

Also I do not think it is fair to specificaly stop people form insulting EW while tolerating a thread full of personal attacks on all sorts of people.
  8. Kidogo

Kidogo

To be fair though, ew really hasn't done anything that could be construed as making him a "bad person"--even if you disagree with any of his rulings, he's still done his best to be fair. There were lots of sticky situations this OST, and there was no series of decisions he could have made that would have satisfied everyone.

All that said, congrats gr8! Whatever issues related to the replay vs double01 and the second game vs dunk, defeating so many skilled players on your way to the top is certainly an accomplishment, and I for one think you're totally deserving of the trophy. Congrats man!
  9. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

10. Double01

Double01 Hate it or love it the under dog's on top

I honestly can't tell if your being sarcastic or ignorant as fuck YTP. :/
  11. Django

Django
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Get Out
  12. Rewer

Rewer
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

It dosent matter if he deserves or not guys, just remember: always separate the light from the dark.
  13. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

*facepalm*

You have no idea how much I want to Dear Wilmer this post.
  14. Asek

Asek Mirror my malady, Transfer my tragedy
    is a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Since when was there this many retards on smogon? I thought OU suspect threads were bad but Christ this is so much worse lol

Congrats to Gr8 for taking it out, congrats to DU for getting this far
  15. King

King

lOL the man to beat mcm is gonna be the man to take it all right NITRO!!?!?!?!

lavos please shut up you are so upset that hugo won because you got outplayed by a lanturn man plz
  16. TheFourthChaser

TheFourthChaser #TimeForChange
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

I know we all thought ost was a joke but to take the WHOLE THING on a PO glitch could not be more fitting, good job

Goddamn after reading this thread I have to say more. The "dunk was disrespectful" posts are just fucking stupid, think about how many players would've gone absolutely batshit after having this happen to them and then look at his posts again.
  17. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Lol wtf
  18. Lowgock

Lowgock Doyen & Éminence Grise of the German Pokémon Community

Stop talking shit
    If gr8bastard knew the rules he should have told double01 about it, if he were a sportsman. In reality his actions were like this : "well i'll play him, if i win i'll hope that he wont read the rules again or that he won't be dick to force a replay, if he wins, i'll be dick and
    demand a replay. And its not like double01 is the only one at fault gr8bastard also agreed to play after all
  19. Kenny

Kenny don't expect me

20. B-Lulz

B-Lulz You ain't gotta love it 'cos the hood gone love it
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this thread has become a cesspool, a shame considering its the finals of one of the sites marquee tournaments. get the fuck over it, pkmn.

congrats gr8astard
  21. gr8astard

gr8astard The Based Lord? My balls!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL + WCoP Winnerwon the 9th Official Smogon Tournament

Seems reasonable to me. I don't even mind putting the ds on the line.
  22. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Looks like this has run its course.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)