Smogon University PO Statistics — April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therefore it would be pretty cool if you wanted to program them. They aren't in PO and IIRC there aren't any plans for it. :p
I also would like to see Rotations, as those are where Aron and Power-Trick Shuckle shine. Pair either one of them with Trick Room and Wish Alomomola/Vaporeon, and they're only beatable by few strategies.

Interesting stats this time around. No surprise for Ferrothorn being #1 and I am glad that Electivire is out of OU. I like Electivire but much like other users I felt he wasted an OU spot. More importantly I am glad that Dragonite has moved more significantly than Salamence this time around.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am again honestly, yet pleasantly surprised Espeon has this much usage (RIGHT below the OU cutline). Even though her ability didn't do her too many wonders, she apparently has more utility than I presumed. If anybody can delineate this.

I'm also cheering for the usages of Hitmontop (who was presumed average), Azumarill, and Togekiss. In fact, I'm surprised all these Pokemon alltogether have relatively decent usage despite an unfriendly metagame.

I am again honestly, yet pleasantly surprised Espeon has this much usage (RIGHT below the OU cutline). Even though her ability didn't do her too many wonders, she apparently has more utility than I presumed. If anybody can delineate this.

I'm also cheering for the usages of Hitmontop (who was presumed average), Azumarill, and Togekiss. In fact, I'm surprised all these Pokemon alltogether have relatively decent usage despite an unfriendly metagame.

I personally find it incredibly useful, blocks all status including taunt, the oh so common leech seed and the annoying pranksters. Great ability IMO!

But you can still use UU, NU, BL in OU which was his point
I was the one who originally made the statement, and that wasn't my point. :D

I meant, there's like 650 Pokemon. If we had small tiers, say about 10 in each usage tier, then by the time we get to NU, yes, of course you can use every Pokemon, but there might only be, say, 70 competitively viable Pokemon in NU, plus the 10 in UU and the 10 in OU, which gives you like 550 Pokemon which aren't viable in any of the main metagames, and about 50 which are viable in all 3.

If you make the tiers larger, you could at least push that number down to 450. Plus, we might have an extra usage tier or two aswell, if there's enough demand for it.

You seriously don't think the likes of Vileplume, Dragonair, Pidgeot, Stantler, etc. are viable in OU, do you!?!

I was the one who originally made the statement, and that wasn't my point. :D

I meant, there's like 650 Pokemon. If we had small tiers, say about 10 in each usage tier, then by the time we get to NU, yes, of course you can use every Pokemon, but there might only be, say, 70 competitively viable Pokemon in NU, plus the 10 in UU and the 10 in OU, which gives you like 550 Pokemon which aren't viable in any of the main metagames, and about 50 which are viable in all 3.

If you make the tiers larger, you could at least push that number down to 450. Plus, we might have an extra usage tier or two aswell, if there's enough demand for it.

You seriously don't think the likes of Vileplume, Dragonair, Pidgeot, Stantler, etc. are viable in OU, do you!?!
Some pokemon are just total shit though, you have to consider those 100 pokemon that no one uses outside of a gimmick, honestly if you want to make a tier for pokemon like that, you start to get into NFEs, making even more pokemon. The best tier we should ever go to is below average pokemon, such are Torkoal and Relicanth. And hopefull NU will be split in the future, making 4 tiers (not counting Uber), if you make then all about 60, thats a total of 240 pokemon your using a tiered, I say thats good enough.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm surprised that Wobbuffet is NU under the current tiers. Also I expect Victini will shoot back up to OU.

Poor Zapdos and Snorlax. They will be mourned.

| 82 | Missingno | 11698 | 1.9520 |

haha! I'm going to sweep you all with my Missigno! Sky Attack! BIRD Type!

also - I'm not happy that Tentaruel and Venusaur stayed in OU, while Azelf, Abomasnow, Espeon (Magic Bounce), Sigilyph, Victini, and MEW were relegated to UU >_<

We definately need an official NU/RU (rarely used, good Idea?) Teir. UU has quite a few Powerhouses that will make it hard to use the weaker pokemon we want to muck around with...

also - Many other Places have Vulpix in BL - Lolwat I say! It may summon Drought, but Vulpix itself is basically the same as Hippopotas/Snover - only without the turn of residual damage, it won't be able to switch into much...

so, my proposals/suggestions/opinions/predictions:

Split NU into RU/NU, or make NU OFFICIAL!!!
Put Mew back into OU, or at least BL (same with Victini, 180 BP is OP)
Don't Put Vulpix in BL - or if you do, throw Hippopotas and Snover in :P

and Might I end with:
Dusclops > Dusknoir
Chansey < Blissey

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I suspect the discussion for a RU tier is going to go full throttle over the next couple weeks.

Mew will only go OU if it's usage skyrockets. I suspect people just simply forgot that it exists, what with all the new mons this gen. I suspect though that if it doesn't go back to OU, it will be BL, along with the other base-100 pixies.

I suspect the discussion for a RU tier is going to go full throttle over the next couple weeks.

Mew will only go OU if it's usage skyrockets. I suspect people just simply forgot that it exists, what with all the new mons this gen. I suspect though that if it doesn't go back to OU, it will be BL, along with the other base-100 pixies.
That's true for Victini, but Mew hasn't shown any evidence of being broken in UU at this stage. Certainly, Celebi and Shaymin haven't shown any such evidence, so there's no reason to even discuss them. As far as we can possibly foresee at this stage, those two will stay right where their usage has landed them, and we should be glad about that.

also - I'm not happy that Tentaruel and Venusaur stayed in OU, while Azelf, Abomasnow, Espeon (Magic Bounce), Sigilyph, Victini, and MEW were relegated to UU >_<
I thought it would hardly need saying that these pokemon are pretty much driven out of usage by Tyranitar's presence.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

We definately need an official NU/RU (rarely used, good Idea?) Teir. UU has quite a few Powerhouses that will make it hard to use the weaker pokemon we want to muck around with...

also - Many other Places have Vulpix in BL - Lolwat I say! It may summon Drought, but Vulpix itself is basically the same as Hippopotas/Snover - only without the turn of residual damage, it won't be able to switch into much...

so, my proposals/suggestions/opinions/predictions:

Don't Put Vulpix in BL - or if you do, throw Hippopotas and Snover in :P

and Might I end with:
Dusclops > Dusknoir
Chansey < Blissey
uh are you kidding tenta is the best toxic spiker in the game at the moment, and venusaur is probably the best sun sweeper...

also don't screw around with this RU crap, it'll stay UU for as long as the sun is shining i'm pretty sure of that.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
| 53 | Tornadus | 20586 | 3.4351 |
| 54 | Espeon | 19721 | 3.2907 |
| 55 | Azumarill | 19118 | 3.1901 |
| 56 | Jolteon | 18920 | 3.1571 |
| 57 | Zapdos | 18764 | 3.1310 |
| 58 | Chansey | 18626 | 3.1080 |
| 59 | Zoroark | 17937 | 2.9931 |
| 60 | Togekiss | 17508 | 2.9215 |
| 61 | Sigilyph | 17463 | 2.9140 |
| 62 | Slowbro | 17045 | 2.8442 |
| 63 | Electivire | 16999 | 2.8365 |
Does anyone else think that the OU cutoff should be Slowbro at 62?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I thought it would hardly need saying that these pokemon are pretty much driven out of usage by Tyranitar's presence.
Espeon in particular has problems aside from tyranitar.

nope just because the cutoff gets too dangerously close to electivire
That's the point.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If anything, the cutoff should be 2.60% so we'd have 10% of the total number of pokémon in OU, just like in all other generations.

Code:
 Rank | Pokemon         | Usage  | Percent | 
 + ---- + --------------- + ------ + ------- + 
 | 38   | Cloyster        |  28456 |  4.7483 | 
 | 68   | Mamoswine       |  15316 |  2.5557 | 
 | 75   | Weavile         |  13680 |  2.2827 | 
 | 81   | Abomasnow       |  11843 |  1.9762 | 
 | 102  | Kyurem          |   7309 |  1.2196 | 
 | 116  | Froslass        |   6288 |  1.0492 | 
 | 142  | Lapras          |   3785 |  0.6316 | 
 | 143  | Walrein         |   3724 |  0.6214 | 
 | 198  | Glaceon         |   1665 |  0.2778 |
Ice types, I am disappoint. If only we had Thick Fat Mamoswine (that wasn't illegal with Icicle Smash and Ice Shard), Adaptability Weavile and Snow Warning Froslass, then Ice types might be more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)