| Rank | Pokemon           | Usage  | Percent | 
+ ---- + --------------- + ------ + ------- + 
| 15   | Thundurus       |  57828 |  9.6495 | 
| 20   | Starmie         |  49991 |  8.3417 | 
| 32   | Tentacruel      |  31247 |  5.2140 | 
| 49   | Toxicroak       |  23494 |  3.9203 | 
| 53   | Tornadus        |  20586 |  3.4351 | 
+ ---- + --------------- + ------ + ------- +
Pretty surprising to see Politoed's main supports so far down the line. Thundurus is arguably the most dangerous Pokemon in the metagame (even outside of rain) and Tornadus rips holes into teams under Rain.
There are many abusers of rain outside of those that you listed. Pretty much anything that could do with a boost to a Water type attack, have a 100% Thunder/Hurricane, lose a fire weakness, or set up Rain Dance if Politoed faints.

I agree about Thundurus usage not representative its ability and that it is the most powerful in the OU metagame. Even unboosted, it can be hard to switch things into it.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I think people are underestimating Quagsire. Its typing, Curse, Unaware, and Recover allows it to tank through much of the OU metagame.

There are many abusers of rain outside of those that you listed. Pretty much anything that could do with a boost to a Water type attack, have a 100% Thunder/Hurricane, lose a fire weakness, or set up Rain Dance if Politoed faints.

I agree about Thundurus usage not representative its ability and that it is the most powerful in the OU metagame. Even unboosted, it can be hard to switch things into it.
I know. I was only commenting on the Pokemon that you would expect to be used more because of Drizzle. Just like you'd expect Doryuuzu or Garchomp to be much more used because of sand. Of course Pokemon like Nattorei and Jirachi both work well during the rain because of them losing one of their weakness.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While I understand the point of your post, I'm just going to point out that Wobbuffet is phenomenally useful at getting set up on now that no one's really afraid of Encore lasting forever anymore. If it's something like Garchomp who can just Sub, or a wall that can Toxic/Taunt/Spikes/Leech Seed forget about it. It's only niche these days is killing Choiced attackers not named Hydregion, which isn't that big considering the astonishing number of things it can't beat.

Whimsicott is much more versatile in its role as a supporter and can Encore any setup move without having to rely on the 50/50. Sure, the other guy can just switch out, but Whimsicott is very much capable of crippling the next thing that comes in, unlike Wobbs.
While I agree with your post, I'd have to disagree upon Wobbuffet's overall usefulness. Wobbuffet's ability to use Tickle on and destroy Blissey, Slowbro, and others with the help of a Pursuit user is a unique niche, which can prove extremely useful.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Code:
| 41   | Deoxys-S        |  27314 |  4.5577 |
Deoxys-S' usage is surprisingly low. People really understimate the usefulness of this Pokemon.

Thanks a lot Professor R_D! :)

Thank you for the stats, RD!

I don't know why people are acting like sand being more prevalent than rain means rain is a-okay. Sand and rain together make a goddamn obnoxious metagame force.

Last Gen, no one would have ever thought to see a metagame where Dragonite is more used than the mighty Salamence. Dragonite, ftw!!!

Deoxys-S and Tornadus have surprisingly low usage. Was expecting more since some people scream broken at the sight of them.

Last Gen, no one would have ever thought to see a metagame where Dragonite is more used than the mighty Salamence. Dragonite, ftw!!!

Deoxys-S and Tornadus have surprisingly low usage. Was expecting more since people scream broken at the sight of them.
Tornadus is abit underwhelming with Hurricane to abuse only .

Code:
| 31   | Scrafty         |  31427 |  5.2441 |
| 34   | Terrakion       |  31080 |  5.1862 |
| 37   | Lucario         |  28559 |  4.7655 |
| [I][B]50[/B][/I]   | Virizion        |  23124 |  3.8586 |
Uhhh... So Shed Skin is really THAT big of a niche?

Also:
Code:
| 85   | Cofagrigus      |  10003 |  1.6691 | 
| 87   | Dusclops        |   9862 |  1.6456 |
Cofagrigus sucks, but Dusclops is a ridiculously underrated spinblocker

Big thanks for the stats, RD ^_^

Not surprised at these statistics, especially the top since everyone and their mother uses Gliscor or Garchomp apparently, me included. What scares me though is that you could use the top six in usage and hit the top of the ladder with little to no effort. I always felt Garchomp to be probably the most broken thing in the metagame by comparison to everything else.

Surprised at Deoxys-S being a bit low, he's the ultimate hazard user. Tyranitar might be pushing him down though. Also slightly surprised at Jirachi being so high. He's useful but didn't expect him to be that high up. Probably because of Latios being a cunt.

Reuniclus is quite high, as expected. He used to be a murderer in early BW, since NO ONE expected him to be useful. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started using him. I used him at first to counter the horde of Conkeldurrs that dominated the early metagame. I was quite shocked to see him dominate teams left and right, even going so far as to get an Ubers nomination. I kinda feel bad for popularizing the thing almost.

I think I understand why Terrakion is lower than expected: His typing alone. He's a goddamn monster to face if you don't have an answer to him, but his Rock typing alone sucks, especially since it adds so many weaknesses (Bullet Punch and Mach Punch weaknesses suck.)

And to those who are writing off Hydreigon: Dragon type, and can tear stall through a combination of Taunt and ridiculous amounts of firepower. Seriously, Modest Draco Meteors hurt like fuck alongside actually not needing a Hidden Power for coverage, with the added bonus of not being Pursuit-weak (Lati@s, I'm looking at you). Weird speed tier hurts him a bit, but he's a goddamn Dragon. He doesn't care. He just rapes your shit all day long.

UU is going to be fucking hilarious.

| 57 | Zapdos | 18764 | 3.1310 |
| 58 | Chansey | 18626 | 3.1080 |
| 66 | Azelf | 15437 | 2.5759 |
| 68 | Mamoswine | 15316 | 2.5557 |
| 69 | Celebi | 15261 | 2.5465 |
| 71 | Nidoking | 15004 | 2.5036 |
| 74 | Suicune | 13942 | 2.3264 |
| 76 | Mew | 13497 | 2.2522 |
| 80 | Snorlax | 11936 | 1.9917 |
| 86 | Gorebyss | 9869 | 1.6468 |
| 87 | Dusclops | 9862 | 1.6456 |
| 90 | Victini | 9659 | 1.6117 |
| 101 | Dusknoir | 7740 | 1.2915 |
| 102 | Kyurem | 7309 | 1.2196 |
| 127 | Deoxys-D | 4793 | 0.7998 |
| 141 | Wobbuffet | 3879 | 0.6473 |
| 311 | Vulpix | 245 | 0.0409 |
But in the meantime, I'm satisfied with OU. The top 53 seem to accurately represent the tier, with the exceptions of Chandelure and Whimsicott. I also didn't see many Haxorus when I was laddering, but that was a while back. Not exactly sure why it's gotten back up in usage, but it's not that strange. As for Swampert... I really don't know what to think about it.

And more significantly, these Pokemon represent a good tier, one that's clearly not controlled by weather or overcentralized around anything. I still say that being dominated by weather wouldn't have been bad, but it's a moot point now.

Not surprised at these statistics, especially the top since everyone and their mother uses Gliscor or Garchomp apparently, me included. What scares me though is that you could use the top six in usage and hit the top of the ladder with little to no effort. I always felt Garchomp to be probably the most broken thing in the metagame by comparison to everything else.
agreed

Also, I think Mence will make a comeback if/when some of the other prominent dragons (chomp and latios) get banned.

Thank you for the stats, RD!

I don't know why people are acting like sand being more prevalent than rain means rain is a-okay. Sand and rain together make a goddamn obnoxious metagame force.
This.

Although not double weather, one of the most obnoxious teams I've ever faced actually ran all 4 of the weather abusers with Hippowdown replacing T-tar and only 2 abusers. It was an absolute nightmare to face as they controlled all weather throughout the match and the 4 weather starters are good defensive and offensive selections on their own merits creating a surprisingly good synergy.

However I still find Sand stall the more obnoxious of the weathers thanks to the cheap penny whore that is Gliscor and its lazy healing and Garchomps ever common feats of BS hax and Ferrothorns zero middle ground defense.

I agree with you some much here, I mean really they can be so easily taken down and IMO there not that good without DW Smeragle. If you run a fast Taunter or quagsire (or another pokemon with the same ability) it's GG.
Quagsire is so easily remedied by BP Celebi as a pivot it isn't funny.

So people aren't abusing Terakion yet. I'm cool with that.

Now I'm going to have to make the nasty choice between OU/UU, though... what a shame.

UU should be an interesting metagame. I would've never have believed it a year ago if I was told there'd be a metagame where Vulpix and Mew play alongside each other.

Thanks for the stats!!!! :)

Good stats.. shows that BW OU isn't as centralised as some seem to think.

7 | Excadrill | 78095 | 13.0313
43 | Landorus | 26297 | 4.3880

I'm not sure why this is the case...Landorus is a much better sand user than Excadrill. Excadrill doesn't deserve to be in the top 15.

Other than that, Haxorus, Lucario, Whimsicott and Mienshao probably don't deserve to be OU, everything else I see every so often I suppose.

Finally,

63 | Electivire | 16999 | 2.8365

keeping the OU cut-off at 53 just because of this is a good reason

43 | Landorus | 26297 | 4.3880

Usage stats dropped so much after fixing the 20% boost it got from the PO glitch
This guy deserves more usage

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The other stats are interesting as well. Yeah power creep, but Swampert still makes a damn good switch-in to Heatran, Gliscor, Jirachi, and deals with Sand pretty decently too. Starmie is #winning forever, but it's sad to see Zapdos go. UU will be fun, maybe I'll get into it this gen.
gliscor with a little sp.def investement(with only 20 sp.def evs and of course max hp,which all gliscors are running,gliscor survives swampert's ice beam 100% of the time)can survive one ice beam and 3hko swampert with acrobat(assuming swampert switches in on gliscor since you said switch-in) or fling him a toxic orb(or just use toxic) and stall him out with sub and protect...
and how is swampert dealing decently with sand?terakion,landorus,garchomp and excadrill all ohko after an sd...the only reason i can see to use swampert is being stuck in 4th gen standarts...the only useful set that swampert can run now is a choice band set but there are pokes like garchomp that have the same(if not better)bulk,better attack,better speed,better stabs so....

While I understand the point of your post, I'm just going to point out that Wobbuffet is phenomenally useful at getting set up on now that no one's really afraid of Encore lasting forever anymore. If it's something like Garchomp who can just Sub, or a wall that can Toxic/Taunt/Spikes/Leech Seed forget about it. It's only niche these days is killing Choiced attackers not named Hydregion, which isn't that big considering the astonishing number of things it can't beat.

Whimsicott is much more versatile in its role as a supporter and can Encore any setup move without having to rely on the 50/50. Sure, the other guy can just switch out, but Whimsicott is very much capable of crippling the next thing that comes in, unlike Wobbs.
this is so wrong...
while it is true that wobbufet has been nerfed he can still let you get 1 guaranteed free turn which is the only thing that some pokes want to fuck your whole team...
also he can let you kill so many pokes with tickle+pursuit user it's not even funny...the only thing with wobbufet is that nowadays he cannot fit on any team and requires clever play...that's why people don't use him...'cause he is not so easy to play with...
but when played correctly he still gives immense amounts of support and can 100% trap and eliminate key members of your team...

Quagsire is far more useless than many people would expect. It has basically no offense, no support movepool, gets set up on by Ferrothorn like anything else, and can hardly switch into most powerful attacks. Swampert, at the very least, has Stealth Rock, Roar, and a usable special attacking stat. He's also still good at checking certain threats (though it doesn't help that he can't come in on much more than once with his lack of recovery and Grass types have become exceedingly common). Countering Garchomp is a big plus for Quagsire, but there isn't much more on it's resume.

If you want to point fingers at "the new Electivire", look at Chandelure, who manages to evade the OU cutoff by a sheer mile, despite having no real function in this metgame.
this is also so wrong...you say that quagsire can hardly switch into most poweful attacks...you say that countering garchomp is all he does...taking less than 50% from almost every physical attacker,also ignoring their boosts,while recovering the damage with recover isn't enough for you?he can then encore the attacker so you can switch in to a poke that can take the encored move or kill him if he is weak to eq...sure he cannot take special hits and dies to grass attacks but in the job of walling physical attackers he is one of the best out there...and also i would like to remind you that a 85 attack stat doesn't equal to no offense as you say...

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm at second glance I think we should look at weighted stats...don't know if it is possible and if not we will have to deal with it, but Whimsicott I must have faced less than 5 times in the past month lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)