1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon University PO Statistics — December 2011

Discussion in 'BW Competitive Discussion' started by Antar, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avira

Avira

Poliwrath has been RU (Not NU) for quite a while.
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

NU and UU will see a shitload of metagame shifts but I don't care, FUCK YEAH ALAKAZAM IN OU
  3. steviestar

steviestar

I haven't looked through the old usage stat threads but Poliwrath has been listed as RU in the smogondex and unavailable in the NU ladder for the past three months. That would be a really huge mistake.
  4. tml

tml

Damn it, My UU team just got sniped, ah well Im looking forward to using a bronzong in UU
  5. LucaroarkZ

LucaroarkZ

Well at least there's no more Chansey in UU.

Great, I do not want to have to use Weavile to deal with Scarf Flygon in UU. What? Weavile's weak to Stealth Rock!

Anyway, we need to make a BL3 tier because Swellow will be breaking NU now that Klinklang, Magneton, and Rhydon are gone.

I'm sorry, but... Druddigon in RU now? Is there really anything good about it?
  6. Mexifry

Mexifry

I think everyone is thinking, "HOLY SHIT DUGTRIO OMG"
    Gastrodon eat your heart out. Dugtrio is the new Smogon Love Child.

Also Alakazam is one of my favorite pokemon, so its cool to see him get used more.

UU losing Donphan is pretty big news as well.

But seriously this is crazy news. Im making a video right now mentioning all the highlights so I can be first on youtube.
  7. steviestar

steviestar

I think the NU Swellow hype is a little much. There are still a lot of stops to it, including Golem, Regirock, and Alomomola. It's not like Staraptor in UU where it could CC anything that walled it (bar Rhyperior) for a 2HKO. It also kills itself really quickly with BB recoil, poison, and a SR weakness, and it doesn't resist any priority moves (except shadow sneak lol) and can't switch in on anything. It at least deserves a fair chance before everyone collectively decides that it's broken.
  8. TROP

TROP This is it, baby. Hold me.
    is a Tiering Contributor

The thing is that Brave Bird is not Swellow scariest move,Facade is.Actually Swellow is using Facede most of time unless Ghost-type and even then it might be using U-Turn to get out of those.It has some checks and counters but all of them are dealt with a Fighting type that is strongth enough to do the job.
    Just hoping Quick Attack Swellow doesnt become Popular so my kid Sneasel can stop him.
  9. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Well, UU just got fucked over.

Also RU just got a fucking Cresselia.

gg GG al non-OU teams.
  10. Raikaria

Raikaria

Klingklang out of NU?

BRB, making Altaria team, seeing as the only useable Steel is gone, so I can spam Outrage.

EDIT: And now I've looked over other stuff

Chansey out of UU: Hell yeah. Might actually re-start playing it now special attackers aren't useless.

Swampert into UU: Poor thing finally fell. He wasn't useless, he was a good TANK... but tanks are not that useful in B/W, and Swampert dosen't exactly benifit from Rain with his neutrality to Water. Swampert is a good mon... it's just that he gets left by the wayside in the B/W metagame. Not that many mons can boast his bulk, power [on both sides] excellent STABs, 1 weakness to an uncommon type, Rocks, and Roar...

Also, Cress in RU. LOL. How long until it gets the boot.

NU's gone from being pretty balanced to a mess. There's literally nothing to stop Magmortar, Gorybass or Altaria now that Klingklang and Slowking have gone, and NU Stall basically just died, with... it's whole team pretty much leaving. Swellow + Sawk also pretty much destroys stuff [U-Turn to Scarf Sawk when need be.]
  11. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Swampert actually might be useful in UU
  12. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

lol UU zong that's rich
  13. Thundur

Thundur

Volt Turn is dominating the metagame as always. This sickens me. Tyranitar / Scizor / Rotom-W / Landorus / Filler / Filler is the layout of most of the teams I run into while laddering. Tell me how much skill it takes to copy a volt turn team and use it successfully.

58 | Slowbro | 2.704% This thing needs more love. He counters a lot of common threats in to OU metagame like Dragonite, Terrakion, Landorus, and pretty much all physical attackers.
  14. Victoree

Victoree

I'm glad to see Alakazam in OU, as well as Dugtrio and Chansey. I now love OU even more :)
  15. Nubagator

Nubagator

Dang I'm gunna be getting into UU this round, it looks awesome :D, sucks that Nu lost a lot of their fun stuff though. Volturn dominating as per usual earn to breloom :s
    Oh and thanks a bunch for the stats :D
  16. Smaug

Smaug

In all seriousness, what is so good about Dugtrio? Yes, it has Arena Trap and that great speed, but it's very frail and rather weak. It needs Focus Sash, which leaves it extremely vulnerable to hazards. Why does it deserve to be OU?
  17. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

revenge killing
  18. Thundur

Thundur

It's not his traits wich make him OU, but the Pokemon he can take on. Terrakion, Tyranitar, Ninetails, Jirachi, and a lot of other common Pokemon can be trapped and killed by Dugtrio.
  19. Smaug

Smaug

Actually, I just did a few calcs, and I stand corrected. Even with no boosting item, Duggy 2HKOs those threats you mentioned, with Sash allowing it to get in that final hit. I think it definitely deserves to be OU (just make sure to have a spinner).
  20. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Hell yeah thanks Antar!!!!!

Wow the 1337 stats for OU are interesting. THREE over 40%!!!! Wowza, Tyranitar, Scizor, Rotom are gettin' some serious love. But glad to see Breloom's massive 1337 jump, def due to the new BU set :D

Also interesting to see Chincou as #2 in LC, didn't see toooooo many of them. Not like Mienfoo.

UU losing Donphan sucks haha
  21. Keiran

Keiran

NO NO NO NO NO NOT CRESSELIA FUCK also NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT SIGILYPH FUCK

atleast, we get Golurk back, and Spiritomb will be an interesting addition.

I wanted Nidoqueen to drop :(

And yes! Swampert in uu :D
  22. SHUCKLE MAN

SHUCKLE MAN

Wow. So strange that Chansey is back in OU. All the UU players seem to be very happy she left lol. That whole metagame will change a lot, losing and gaining such massive Pokemon.

And generic wow @ Dugtrio's tier jump.
  23. Mexifry

Mexifry

I think losing Donphan was a bigger hit but then again I never play UU
  24. Banedon

Banedon

Lol @ how badly the No Arceus challenge biased Ubers stats.

Dialga taking over #1 in 1337 Ubers stats? Blasphemy!

Alakazam to OU is a good thing, I do think it's a bit too strong for UU no matter what the council may think.

Chansey leaving UU is nice. I'm firmly against Chansey being too strong for UU, but it leaving means considerably more flexibility with special sweepers.

Heracross totally dominating 1337 UU stats, seriously?

I don't remember if I played enough to actually influence any 1337 statistic, damnit, if I didn't I'd better make sure to do it next month!
  25. 2sly4u

2sly4u

Of all the pokemon who changed tiers, Donphan is the most surprising to me. He doesn't fare well against the multitudes of Special attackers in the tier, and doesn't get any large benefits from Sandstorm (and get destroyed by all the other weathers). I guess he can check a few pokemon, but so many top-tier threats can just use him as setup bait. Duggy's sudden rise isn't that shocking to me; I don't know how he stayed buried at the bottom for so long.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)