• Miltank up to RU from NU
  • Linoone up to RU from NU
  • Magmortar up to RU from NU
  • Rhydon down to NU from RU
  • Ludicolo down to NU from RU
  • Crustle down to NU from RU
  • Sawsbuck down to NU from RU
Ludicolo, eh, we have Birds everywhere.
Magmortar: Good riddance. Although Jynx might need another vote if one of it's checks goes.
Militank: Don't care
Linoone: Did anyone actually use this in NU? #112 says nope.
Rhydon back: M.BISON IMPRESSION
Crustle back: M.BISON IMPRESSION
Sawsbuck: Meh

2 Bird checks coming back, yet Ludi would encourage Bird use. Magmortar leaving could make Jynx an issue, but other than that, I approve!

Not to mention Rhydon's a great Rotom-S counter.

---

OU Ranking Changes: And thus OU is confirmed for stagnant, the Top 10 are completely unchanged, except Ferro and Poli switching. Hell, the only changes in the Top 19 is two swaps.

Glad to see Mence rise, considering it's better than Dragonite if brought in on a physical threat, because Intimidate will always cut attack withoutn Hyper Cutter, but good luck with MultiScale if Rocks are up. Not to mention MixMence > MixNite and 3 Attack DDMence > 3 AttackDDNite

---
Ubers:

The King is dead; LONG LIVE THE KING

I hope the Scrafty usage will keep this way; I'm interested to see how this monster will impact the UU metagame.
Apart from that, the 1337 stat changes have been very varied; many of the lower places, like Infernape, went up more than 30 places. I wonder what's happening there.

My alt was Malibu Stacy and Aristote. I never use my Nelson-X alt, check and you'll see i used a lot torkoal and a bit rattata while i was above 1337.
Code:
id,name,rating,displayed_rating,last_check_time,bonus_time,matches
91023,"malibu stacy",1276,[B]1248[/B],1330519813,-177113,146
82071,aristotle,860,[B]930[/B],1330519813,-1250344,23
Sorry, buddy.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
Lol.

Man, go and check my rmt if you want a prove lol.It's not cuz i'm not at 1337 today that i wasn't during all february lol.

You mean, you only consider the 1337 stats for those who are above this number only when you screen shot it today ? that's not representative at all if you do that knowing that your rank varies a lot.

oh, it's aristote, not aristotle

Sizor: #1 OU, #1 1337 OU
Mesprit: #1 NU, #2 1337 NU
Roserade: #1 UU, #6 1337 UU

Claydol: #1 RU, #36 1337 RU

Ok, what makes people use Claydol so much. It's obviously not that amazing, and yet it has been number 1 in RU for four different months. Just why?
It's one of those Pokemon that ticks all the boxes so is easy to fit onto a team. Does it actually do anything? Nope; but it's easier than trying to fit 2 separate Pokemon that lays SR and spins, or finding other ways to prevent enemy hazards, or making a team less SR weak. Claydol is a comfort Pokemon that assures us we have SR and Rapid Spin on our team but often fails to even perform those jobs properly so it's a false assurance. I'm not surprised few teams have got to the top with Claydol in their team because often it is just begging to be set up on.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Magmortar: Good riddance. Although Jynx might need another vote if one of it's checks goes.
Militank: Don't care
Linoone: Did anyone actually use this in NU? #112 says nope.
Jynx wasn't actually voted on and Linoone was used by Shnen and various other people. But otherwise what you said is pretty accurate.

Anyways my boy Scizor retaining his throne on top OU!

Nelson-X, lay off. Antar does a ton of work to get these stats, and frankly nobody gives a fuck that you should have gotten Torkoal and Rattata into 1337 stats. Drop it.

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
I already thanked antar in previous posts, it's my right to question him on the way it is does cuz wasn't clear for me, nothing more, thx.

Lol.

It's not cuz i'm not at 1337 today that i wasn't during all february lol.

You mean, you only consider the 1337 stats for those who are above this number only when you screen shot it today ? that's not representative at all if you do that knowing that your rank varies a lot.
That is EXACTLY correct. It only considers ratings taken at the snapshot of 5am on the first of every month.

The reasoning behind it is twofold: (1) logs don't record your rating at the time of your battle and (2) to prevent people from "gaming" the stats as you're describing by getting their rating above 1337, then using joke pokemon.

Of course, what you *can* do is use joke pokes early in the month, then ladder on that alt to get above 1337 by month's end, but that's a little more difficult.

Ideally what I'd do is only consider players who had an "average" rating of 1337 throughout the month, but that would be pretty difficult to do.

I want to reiterate this:

1337 stats are a joke!!!!

We don't use them for tiering or for anything else. It was just supposed to be a cool measure for looking at what the top trainers use. YOU ALL take it WAY too seriously, and I'm seriously considering doing away with them.

Edit: also,
1337 stats!
This data only takes into account teams whose user has a current rating--as of 2/1--of 1337 or higher. In tiers where there were not enough players with a rating that high, I lowered the cutoff as specified.
Edit 2: that's now been edited to say 3/1.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
| 70 | Pikachu | 486 | 2.662% | 384 | 2.509% |
Bawse. People...realize the power of the Pwnchu!!!!

If March usage is identical to February usage, here's how the tiers will change.

I want to make this clear: TIERS ARE NOT BEING UPDATED THIS MONTH!!!

• Deoxys-D up to OU from UU
  • Hitmonlee up to UU from RU
  • Gligar up to UU from RU
  • Claydol up to UU from RU
  • Honchkrow up to UU from RU
  • Yanmega up to UU from BL2
  • Scrafty down to UU from OU
If it really does hold up:

-Good riddance Magmortar and Miltank.
-Scrafty in UU? :)
-Linoone to RU? What is this I don't even...
-Crustle sounds appealing to use.
-Poor Rhydon, fluctuating between RU and NU.

Again, this is if it holds up, but looks like it will be interesting to see how the tier changes change UU, RU, and NU.

• Deoxys-D up to OU from UU
  • Hitmonlee up to UU from RU
  • Gligar up to UU from RU
  • Claydol up to UU from RU
  • Honchkrow up to UU from RU
  • Yanmega up to UU from BL2
  • Scrafty down to UU from OU
Deoxys-D: Unsurprising conclusion if I ever heard one. Saves the trouble of wasting a Suspect Test on it, at any rate

Hitmonlee: Unsurprising here, too. Again, saves the trouble of wasting a Suspect Test on him when there are equally powerful things running rampant in RU.

Gligar: ...what? Gligar hardly gives me any trouble at all on RU... what provokes its usage to go up so high?

Claydol: (M. Bison) OF COURSE! A Rapid Spinner that doesn't afraid of Toxic Spikes is asking to join UU.

Honchkrow: Honchkrow going up to UU is a foregone conclusion: if repeated Suspect Tests don't get Honchkrow up there, it will spread its wings and get into UU on its own. It's an extremely good mixed sweeper or a good Moxie physical sweeper whose unpredictability leads to "If you don't watch out for it, you will be swept by it near every time". In RU it's not difficult to hard counter it with Aggron unless it runs HP Ground or Superpower (the former being found in the MoxieKrow set, the latter being in the MixKrow set). However, without Aggron, how will UU fare against Krow?

Yanmega: Well, tier risings are So Zetta Slow, or otherwise I'd be asking why Yanmega isn't in OU yet. To be honest, Yanmega being able to trample through most of the UU metagame for a month or so is... actually promising for the metagame shifts.

Scrafty: ...this had better not drop to UU. I say this because it will wreck virtually everything in UU without so much as a care in the world. Another Poke that makes a good Stall team member in UU is largely egregious, due to the number of bulky Pokes already in the tier.

Scrafty essentially becomes Suspect the moment people use him and find him to be yet another thing among everything in UU that laughs at status and pisses in Sableye's CornFlakes (In essence, all Scrafty has to do is eat an orange. In this case, said orange is using Rest and Shed Skin as a combination). Everything in UU urinates in Sableye's CornFlakes.

Miltank: ...this going up to RU is unexpected. To be honest, Miltank is not going to impact the RU metagame much if at all.

Linoone: We've got a badass over here! If people can use it correctly, that is...

Magmortar: Another dull surprise. Too many Fire-types that are better are in the RU tier. If this thing makes it to RU, then virtually nothing changes.

Rhydon: No comment.

Ludicolo: ...more people have the chance of using a very good Rain Dish tank? You know what they say, the more the merrier!

Crustle: ...with Whimsicott and other Leads in RU being more popular, I'm sadly unsurprised. On the other hand, this calls for me using Crustle more later.

Sawsbuck: Same as Ludicolo, but with Chlorophyll as opposed to Rain Dish and "sweeper" as opposed to tank.

Deoxys-D: Unsurprising conclusion if I ever heard one. Saves the trouble of wasting a Suspect Test on it, at any rate

Hitmonlee: Unsurprising here, too. Again, saves the trouble of wasting a Suspect Test on him when there are equally powerful things running rampant in RU.

Gligar: ...what? Gligar hardly gives me any trouble at all on RU... what provokes its usage to go up so high?

Claydol: (M. Bison) OF COURSE! A Rapid Spinner that doesn't afraid of Toxic Spikes is asking to join UU.

Honchkrow: Honchkrow going up to UU is a foregone conclusion: if repeated Suspect Tests don't get Honchkrow up there, it will spread its wings and get into UU on its own. It's an extremely good mixed sweeper or a good Moxie physical sweeper whose unpredictability leads to "If you don't watch out for it, you will be swept by it near every time". In RU it's not difficult to hard counter it with Aggron unless it runs HP Ground or Superpower (the former being found in the MoxieKrow set, the latter being in the MixKrow set). However, without Aggron, how will UU fare against Krow?

Yanmega: Well, tier risings are So Zetta Slow, or otherwise I'd be asking why Yanmega isn't in OU yet. To be honest, Yanmega being able to trample through most of the UU metagame for a month or so is... actually promising for the metagame shifts.

Scrafty: ...this had better not drop to UU. I say this because it will wreck virtually everything in UU without so much as a care in the world. Another Poke that makes a good Stall team member in UU is largely egregious, due to the number of bulky Pokes already in the tier.

Scrafty essentially becomes Suspect the moment people use him and find him to be yet another thing among everything in UU that laughs at status and pisses in Sableye's CornFlakes (In essence, all Scrafty has to do is eat an orange. In this case, said orange is using Rest and Shed Skin as a combination). Everything in UU urinates in Sableye's CornFlakes.

Miltank: ...this going up to RU is unexpected. To be honest, Miltank is not going to impact the RU metagame much if at all.

Linoone: We've got a badass over here! If people can use it correctly, that is...

Magmortar: Another dull surprise. Too many Fire-types that are better are in the RU tier. If this thing makes it to RU, then virtually nothing changes.

Rhydon: No comment.

Ludicolo: ...more people have the chance of using a very good Rain Dish tank? You know what they say, the more the merrier!

Crustle: ...with Whimsicott and other Leads in RU being more popular, I'm sadly unsurprised. On the other hand, this calls for me using Crustle more later.

Sawsbuck: Same as Ludicolo, but with Chlorophyll as opposed to Rain Dish and "sweeper" as opposed to tank.
Errr Pokemon going up tiers does nothing to affect the tiers they're going up to since they could have been used there before anyway. It'll only affect the tiers they're leaving, as they can no longer be used in those. Going down tiers also doesn't affect the tier they're leaving, since they can still be used there. It only affects the tier they're arriving it, since they couldn't be used there before.

Anyway thanks to me having to leave halfway through making this message I'm sure I've been ninja'd, but whatever...

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
| 78 | Scraggy | 444 | 2.432% | 377 | 2.463% |

okay who else uses this shit in NU
guilty, it sucks vs players who know what they're doing unfortunately but i'm 22-2 on PS's NU ladder with my scraggy team xD

Also attn RU: I have said this many times but please stop stealing our good mons, you do not need Magmortar or Miltank. At all. >=(

Maybe it has something to do with PO's NU tier having Magmortar banned. PO's LU players skipping over to RU once in a while with Magmortar in their LU teams and other PO NU banned mons.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Um, no. Scarf Magmortar is actually great in RU. Vital Spirit and Thunderbolt set it apart from any other Fire type. It is a great check to Lilligant and Jynx (yeah we're using that too), and limits Smeargle to either one turn of hazards or prevents it from Baton Passing Quiver Dance. I've used it a lot and am largely the reason why Magmortar has risen drastically in both regular and 1200 stats.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your avatar is still creepy as fuck.

Loving how my main team ranks as highly as it does in RU, Manectric, Secptile and Feraligatr are seriously some of the most threatening Pokemon in the tier and need more usage than they get.

Also rofl at whoever above me said that Hitmonlee needs a suspect test.

Um, no. Scarf Magmortar is actually great in RU. Vital Spirit and Thunderbolt set it apart from any other Fire type. It is a great check to Lilligant and Jynx (yeah we're using that too), and limits Smeargle to either one turn of hazards or prevents it from Baton Passing Quiver Dance. I've used it a lot and am largely the reason why Magmortar has risen drastically in both regular and 1200 stats.
Magmortar is great and can do all of those things, ever since RU was created. Maybe there is another reason it has gone up in usage, you must have played a high proportion of those 700 battles with Magmortar if the reason is solely you.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Magmortar is great and can do all of those things, ever since RU was created. Maybe there is another reason it has gone up in usage, you must have played a high proportion of those 700 battles with Magmortar if the reason is solely you.
While I did exaggerate for the regular stats, I did contribute a lot to 1200 stats. Lilligant is a lot more prominent in the metagame now than it was before with Krookodile leaving last tier shift, and Durant just recently being banned. Magmortar has always been good, it's just that now it's finally getting used.

December 2011: | 166 | Feraligatr | 1183 | 0.250% | 979 | 0.247%
January 2012: | 146 | Feraligatr | 1311 | 0.339% | 1047 | 0.325%
February 2012: | 137 | Feraligatr | 1170 | 0.407% | 872 | 0.366%

Slowly but steadily, the gatr is rising... watch out

Yay for feraligatr.

Man, scizor's gonna be #1 in OU forever apparently.
(unless I'm wrong, did something else get the #1 spot awhile ago and I missed it?)

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Looking forward to Scrafty in UU and Deoxys-D out of UU. Deoxys-D is just a bitch to deal with and Scrafty can definitely give bulky offense teams a boost (and doesn't really seem broken with Crobat and Heracross running around).

OU will probably continue to be boring as hell until the B/W Dream World stuff comes out. Until then, UU it is..

Code:
| 52   | Scrafty         | 9619   |  3.345% | 7552   |  3.171% | -4
Might just be me, but do I see some BL fodder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)