Smogon University PO Statistics — Feburary 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deoxys-D become OU

I saw it coming years ago that this day will come, im such a pro level hipster

Also, Tyranitar y u so flowchart, and beside Terrakion, can anyone explain why Tyranitar still Top 5 ?
Obv, sand is most common weather and a lot of pokes benefit from it. Also 2nd best Pursuit trapper.
I would be happy if Crustle is in NU. Also, don't take Mortar from us!!! Honestly, Magmortar helps to keep NU kinda balanced. As mentioned somewhere in this thread, Jynx would be running way more freely. Crustle for NU! Magmortar for NU!

December 2011: | 166 | Feraligatr | 1183 | 0.250% | 979 | 0.247%
January 2012: | 146 | Feraligatr | 1311 | 0.339% | 1047 | 0.325%
February 2012: | 137 | Feraligatr | 1170 | 0.407% | 872 | 0.366%

Slowly but steadily, the gatr is rising... watch out
That was me and team gatorade ranking in some usage, well for one person:pimp: .

No alot of dragonite usage comes from noobs who think "AWZOME DRAG0NGZ" that is why it and charizard a higher than some arceus formes
Well, there is a possibility of Dragonite being used. It has pretty decent stats and its speed is not far behind a majority of Ubers. Simply, multiscale makes it such a beast and a parashuffler or attacker can be adapted to Ubers.

It also gives Zekrom a chance to use its ability. lol.

Besides, how do Salamence and Hydreigon warrant any usage in Ubers over Dragonite, by classifying their users as n00bs? Also, not every Arceus form is used, because some are a lot better than others, and are the only ones used on standard teams. Charizard can be beastly under sun anyway.

Well, there is a possibility of Dragonite being used. It has pretty decent stats and its speed is not far behind a majority of Ubers. Simply, multiscale makes it such a beast and a parashuffler or attacker can be adapted to Ubers.

It also gives Zekrom a chance to use its ability. lol.

Besides, how do Salamence and Hydreigon warrant any usage in Ubers over Dragonite, by classifying their users as n00bs? Also, not every Arceus form is used, because some are a lot better than others, and are the only ones used on standard teams. Charizard can be beastly under sun anyway.
Salamence's base 100 speed puts it past several common scarfers and it can at least tie with ScarfPalkia, whereas Dragonite is outrun by ScarfKyogre, even. Hydreigon's Dark typing is a pretty big deal considering how many Ubers are Psychic, and on top of that it can't be trapped by Wobbuffet because Mirror Coat does not affect it.

Dragonite doesn't really have much going for it in Ubers. Rayquaza does DD and Mixed better (and even has Extremespeed).

I look at Scrafty and imagine D/P Elecivire: It got a bunch of hype in the beginning, then people started asking the big questions: What does this thing do, is it really as good as its cracked up to be and HOW THE FUCK did it manage to keep being OU for so long?

I look at Scrafty and imagine D/P Elecivire: It got a bunch of hype in the beginning, then people started asking the big questions: What does this thing do, is it really as good as its cracked up to be and HOW THE FUCK did it manage to keep being OU for so long?
Do not compare Scrafty to Noobivire.

First of all, Rest+ShedSkin is serious business for recovery. Scrafty is one of the few (if any) Pokes who can efficiently use Rest because of Shed Skin and solid defenses.
Secondly, Scrafty and Noobivire serve two inherently different roles. Scrafty is a bulky Physical sweeper, or a tank. Noobivire is a glass cannon who tries to go mixed and fails miserably.
Thirdly, Noobivire has to switch in to use its ability in order to be good in the long haul. Scrafty can just hit things like a truck and get Moxie boosts, or proceed to laugh at Sableye (or any other status-er) with Shed Skin mechanics, or Rest+ShedSkin.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Personally, I think that bulk up scrafty shouldn't rely on rest at all and should just stick a coverage move in the third slot in order to beat things. Spending additional turns sleeping while not doing anything is just asking for your opponent to crit you or set up while that shed skin chance fails to kick in. Depend on drain punch for recovery and you should be fine. Ice punch or stone edge will probably help you out more times than rest will anyway.

By the way, mods, I have just one little request. In the future, the bashing of electivire in competitive play should be an outright bannable offense. No warning, just straight up ban. He isn't top tier OU at all, but he is hardly as terrible as everyone makes him out to be! Why doesn't any other low end Pokemon who ended up in OU receive this bashing? Where was all the hate for unbreon and ninjask last gen and why is electivire still being bashed in a gen where he was never OU to begin with?

Quite possibly one of the best posts I've read on this website.

@ Alphatron: Maybe because it got so ridiculous in Gen4 to the point where everytime you saw a Gyarados you knew there was a 50% chance of a damn Electivire switching in next and that got so repetitive it pissed a lot of people off?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I saw lead baton pass ninjask more than I ever saw electivire in gen 4 OU, but that's just my personal experience.

It's also to do with not giving the opponent the satisfaction that they successfully lured an Electric attack with their Gyarados. If they pull it off then it's like their strategy is vindicated which is probably far more annoying than a +1 Spe Electivire itself. Maybe I just have horrible suppressed memories of +1 Electivires sweeping me but that's my take on it!

Ninjask on the other hand just tries to do its job and can be Taunted or Phazed or whatever so it's totally in your control.

Wow. "Noobvire"? Are we still living in 2007? Can we seriously move on now?

Electivire was overrated for about 6 months, and now we've spent the past 4 years talking about it as if it's worse than Magikarp. The constant whining about it on this forum for the past few years is more annoying than a new player being smug at switching Electivire into a Thunderbolt imo.

Wow. "Noobvire"? Are we still living in 2007? Can we seriously move on now?

Electivire was overrated for about 6 months, and now we've spent the past 4 years talking about it as if it's worse than Magikarp. The constant whining about it on this forum for the past few years is more annoying than a new player being smug at switching Electivire into a Thunderbolt imo.
It was OU for all of gen 4 despite being mediocre.

What is so bad about electrivire surely 124 base attack and awesome coverage means it shouldn't be struggling at the bottom of RU? don't take the piss out of this i really want to know

What is so bad about electrivire surely 124 base attack and awesome coverage means it shouldn't be struggling at the bottom of RU? don't take the piss out of this i really want to know
It doesn't have a great physical STAB, it's got mediocre speed, it can't really use a Choice item well, and there are generally better options available.

EDIT: Oh, and Electric isn't a great offensive typing in the first place; one relevant advantage (against Water) doesn't make up for Ground being immune to it, and a couple of relevant resistances in Dragon and Grass.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
To be fair, Electivire's a better pokemon than it was before thanks to Wild Charge, but the introduction of Team Preview kind of killed its utility. Not to mention that Noobvire attitude is still kicking around and no-one seems to want be seen using it. :p

It's probably still pretty useful for switching into Thunder Waves and Volt Switches, stealing momentum like that. I'm looking forward to it (possibly) dropping to NU so I can make a team around it and give it some of it's former glory. :p

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Like Ithilanor said, it's lack of a powerful stab and generally low BP moves is what makes it so mediocre in OU. That base 123 attack doesn't mean much when you're relying on base 75 elemental punches for dealing damage.

What's so good about Samurott that has made him up to 12 in NU? Is NU really THAT lacking in water types that Samurott becomes.... good? Also.... Keep Magmortar away from RU! no no no! He's happy in NU.

Samurott's main draw is Megahorn, a really really good coverage move alongside Waterfall. Along with SD and priority Aqua Jet it is a good physical sweeper. It can hit hard on the special side too with decent coverage and it has access to Taunt so it's at least a little bit unpredictable. Good bulk, good attacking stats on both sides, enough speed to outrun walls and decent movepool = great Pokemon.

Fairly new to Pokemon:

How big is the difference between an OU Pokemon and say a UU Pokemon?

With that description of Samurott, it seems that he would do just fine in the UU or even OU metagames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)