Smogon University PO Statistics — October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Dragonite assumes his rightful position as the king of OU.

Lelouch is pleased.

Dugtrio in OU is fine by me. Its a stupid support Pokemon in the lower tiers (very stupid in RU) and i'm glad to see it usable in the least amount of tiers.
Vaporeon still being OU is an utter mystery (its terrible) and Jolteon rising to OU depresses me to no end. Its just like gen IV, cool "UU" worthy Pokemon being forced into OU because of scrubby players. It also looks like Donphan might be OU too (haha...)

Over on the UU side, i'm not surprised in the slightest(except Hitmontop being in the top 10, its really not that good). It was only a matter of time before everyone started using Roserade '_'

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i fail to understand these lc stats... how is hippotas 6 and drilbur 11. which idiot is actually running sand without drilbur lol

I'm surprised Dugtrio jumped up in usage. It's very frail and doesn't hit very hard (80 base Att sucks, even with a CB and STAB EQ). Wasn't its main job taking out weakened weather starters? Either that or in conjunction with Wobbufett to take out specific offensive Pokemon? But weather's been nerfed and Wobbufett didn't see a similar jump.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
| 46 | Chansey | 16025 | 4.155% | 0.34±0.66 | 7.26±6.95 |
| 47 | Virizion | 15630 | 4.053% | 0.76±0.95 | 4.10±2.79 |
| 48 | Mienshao | 15601 | 4.045% | 0.58±0.85 | 4.18±2.89 |
| 49 | Jolteon | 14929 | 3.871% | 0.65±0.93 | 3.75±2.48 |
| 50 | Alakazam | 2897 | 3.835% | 0.96±1.09 | 3.90±2.86 |
| 51 | Cloyster | 2750 | 3.640% | 0.81±1.04 | 3.21±2.09 |
| 52 | Metagross | 2649 | 3.507% | 0.68±0.90 | 4.36±2.94 |
| 53 | Mienshao | 2574 | 3.407% | 0.55±0.82 | 4.17±2.66 |
Lol, 1337 stats have more pokémon in the "OU threshold" (no, nothing is going to change tiers by now) than non-weighted stats.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
But Jolteon is #37 on the 1337 stats?
Vaporeon is #29 on the 1337 stats. Your point? I'm not trying to be rude here, but this hits way to close to home (Umbreon was ruined in gen IV OU...) I'm not saying Jolteon is bad, its pretty good (look at stone colds team) but it should not be used more than the likes of Mew, Breloom, Bronzong etc. Jolteon should remain in UU so it can get the best of both worlds deal :/

PS: I wouldn't put too much faith in the 1337 stats tbh.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
And so tyranitar was dethroned as the KING took his rightful place. I'm nicknaming my in game dragonite Zephiel.

I expected everything to ocur in the way it did. Tyranitar's temporary demise was seen coming from a mile away, as was the jump for terrakion and landorus. I was wrong when I thought that infernape would rise at least a little bit though, and I was even farther off about lucario falling back down.

Lol @ Glaceon's 100+ uses in 1337 UU ladder. That must've been mostly me :)

Also I just knew that Roserade would hit #1 on the UU used lists. That Pokemon is so versatile!

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not to be rude but I find the 1337 stats really odd. How on Earth is Reuniculus a better sweeper in Ubers than Kyogre, Salamence, Palkia and the others ?

Apart from that, excellent work Antar. Next month will be even more exciting with detailed stats ! Also I've been waiting for these stats to start getting into other tiers.

Not to be rude but I find the 1337 stats really odd. How on Earth is Reuniculus a better sweeper in Ubers than Kyogre, Salamence, Palkia and the others ?

Apart from that, excellent work Antar. Next month will be even more exciting with detailed stats ! Also I've been waiting for these stats to start getting into other tiers.
The caveat is right there in the data--the standard deviation. Especially in Ubers, where there's really not much usage, the metrics are pretty much crap. I hope to start a discussion in a few days about better metrics we could look at.

^Hail got a lot more uncommon with sand in the tier, so it's believable.

Less believable is that there are players rated above 1337 who're using stuff like Plusle. Is that a bug, or are there really top players trolling the ladder with weird Pokemon? @_@

PK Gaming

Persona 5
Dragonite has now assumed his rightful and rather long time dream of KING! Bow to your new king.

~Attention entire world, hear my proclamation. I am Dragonite, Emperor of the Holy BW OU metagame and your only ruler. Tyranitar has surrendered to me. As a result of this, I'm now in control of both the Drought and the Drizzle weather effects. ... Yes, from this day, from this moment on, the world belongs to me. Dragonite commands you, obey me, subject! Obey me, world!~

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For OU
| 58 | Mew | 10335 | 2.680% | 0.43±0.76 | 5.55±4.83 |
| 83 | Sawsbuck | 5189 | 1.345% | 0.87±1.02 | 3.42±2.27 |
Seriously guys,seriously?.And yes,I mad because Venusaur is higher in usage than Sawsbuck.

| 35 | Latias | 20467 | 5.307% | 0.72±1.04 | 6.09±5.61 |
| 37 | Hydreigon | 19412 | 5.033% | 0.89±1.02 | 4.10±2.77 |
I am sligthly dissapointed by this.

| 53 | Swampert | 12616 | 3.271% | 0.50±0.78 | 4.77±3.26 |
Hope this continues for the next 2 months.

Time for my opinions for NU:
| 4 | Eelektross | 815 | 10.491% | 0.76±0.99 | 5.69±4.58 |
| 5 | Klinklang | 812 | 10.452% | 0.98±1.27 | 5.60±3.94 |
Eel and Klinklang in the top 5,wut is this?,I swear I almost never see these ones and I played like 100 NU battles with different alts and they are not that great.
Other 3 in the top 5 were expected by me.

| 120 | Sneasel | 106 | 1.364% | 0.91±1.10 | 3.63±2.28 |
I don't remember playing that many battles with Sneasel.

| 46 | Serperior | 338 | 4.351% | 0.32±0.65 | 4.97±3.11 |
Eventually you will learn the ease of getting screen ups with Serperior.

Looking at the stats above, there should be another tier below NU, called -U (used in negative quantities)
My gut instinct is to say, "who would play it?" but with NU getting more usage than LC, I think we could actually consider making a sub-NU tier.

Re: trolls in 1337--checking into it now. A manual check found no one with a ranking above 1337 (though one guy had >1100) using Plusle. There may be a bug in my code.

Update: Um, yeah. I fail. For those who know python, I forgot an "eval" when reading the ratings from the csv file where they were stored. Taking down 1337 ratings for now. They'll be back up when they're right.\

Update 2: New 1337 stats are up... for OU and UU. But none of you losers have broken through 1337 in any of the other tiers, so I'm going to have to lower my standards.

Update 3: Lowering the threshold to 1200 still gives bupkiss. What the hell is wrong with you people? :p

Dusclops, Sigilyph, Aerodactyl and... *shudders* Whimsicott are in RU Range...

Sigi and Aerodactyl would be interesting additions to RU, The other 2 would make me want to kill myself... @_@

Dusclops, Sigilyph, Aerodactyl and... *shudders* Whimsicott are in RU Range...

Sigi and Aerodactyl would be interesting additions to RU, The other 2 would make me want to kill myself... @_@
You gotta keep this in mind--Whimsicott only went down to UU halfway through the month. Possibly why its usage is in the crapper.

I guess the dnite craze has hit its peak. No doubt people will remember the mighty Salamence and dnite usage will surely drop soon.

Any day now.

Soon...

When the fuck will this happen?

lol, this is funny. While there are 12 players who currently have a rating greater than 1337 in Ubers, it looks like only one bothered to have any battles in October:

Code:
Total battles: 8762
 Total teams: 69
 Total pokemon: 340
 + ---- + --------------- + ------ + ------- + --------- + --------- + 
 | Rank | Pokemon         | Usage  | Percent | KOs/b     | Turns/b   | 
 | 1    | Groudon         | 67     | 118.235%| 0.62±1.03 | 5.24±2.92 | 
 | 2    | Dialga          | 60     | 105.882%| 0.93±0.98 | 4.82±2.78 | 
 | 3    | Giratina-O      | 59     | 104.118%| 1.04±1.11 | 4.81±2.56 | 
 | 4    | Forretress      | 58     | 102.353%| 0.18±0.38 | 4.93±2.71 | 
 | 5    | Palkia          | 56     | 98.824% | 1.11±1.21 | 5.05±3.74 | 
 | 6    | Arceus          | 40     | 70.588% | 1.26±0.93 | 3.54±1.48 | 
Edit: before anyone else brings it up, there was a flaw in my script having to do with the fact that the csv file containing the rantings of all the players stores them in all-lowercase letters (thanks, Snuch). I've fixed the script, and I'm about to post revised "1337" stats.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nothing interesting at all in the BW OU statistics. But the UU statistics look like they were compiled by a group of chimpanzees. Chandelure has no business being #3 lol. Roserade being #1 I would gather is mostly for Spikes. Spikestacking is ridiculously effective in UU, especially with Stoutland bringing in the rear, and literally everything physical having trouble beating Hippowdon without at least a couple of layers. Cobalion is way too low, easily the best offensive Fighting type in UU right now. All of its sets pretty much win games. I'm just a little saddened Weavile is falling so low, but again, Spikestacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)