Smogon University PO Statistics — October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

The worst taste in music
So far Haxorus is the most profitable sweeper...

...seconded by Kyurem...

and everyone were bashing 'em back then, lol

Dragonite sets up on their asses and they can't do anything back. +6 Dragon Claw will beat them all.
Ferrothorn could cripple dragonite, scizor could inflict prior damage with BP and skarmory can whirlwind.

Scizor and Ferrothorn are both handeled by fire punch, but skarmory still wont take that much damage from a +1 fire punch.

A moment of silence for the greatest pokemon ever
| 51 | Sableye | 12763 | 3.309% | 0.27±0.57 | 6.40±5.44 |
Sableye, dont stop till you reach the top <3

Also, Scizorwash is still the metagames dominating offensive combo with nearly no safe switches.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Come on guys Volcarona is number 25?
Use this thing more,it is easily the best sweeper in OU,with the right support!

Where would the OU/UU cut off be? Just curious and can never remember the formula to figure it out.

Also, I find the clear skies usage stats hilariously ironic.

Where would the OU/UU cut off be? Just curious and can never remember the formula to figure it out.
Again, tiers don't get updated for another two months, but to answer your question, the definition of OU is that, if you play 20 battles a day, there's at least a 50% chance that you'll see it in a given day. That works out to be approximately 3.41%.

Also, I find the clear skies usage stats hilariously ironic.
lol, I just looked at it myself, and yeah. It's all the best weather abusers who've been banned from OU. But you know what this might be? People who don't know about tiers putting these pokemon on their teams and being forced to play Clear Skies.

Unlike Whimsicott, Sableye also trolls HO teams(most of them are physically based), unless the team has some lum-berry weilding pokemon. And with the loss of life-orb in favour of lum berry, HO pokes lose quite a lot of power.

So basically if the tiers were being updated this month (which I know theyre not), everything Jolteon and above is OU (including Jolteon), and everything Donphan and below is UU (Including Donphan).

So basically if the tiers were being updated this month (which I know theyre not), everything Jolteon and above is OU (including Jolteon), and everything Donphan and below is UU (Including Donphan).
Not quite, since tiers are based on a weighting of THREE months (so it would be 20*Oct+3*Sept+1*Aug)

He said IF THEY WERE updated this month.
And I said that we'd need to throw in some data from September and August (the two months previous to this one) if that were the case.

But if the stats were to remain constant over the next two months, then yes, the OU cutoff would be where he said.

And I said that we'd need to throw in some data from September and August (the two months previous to this one) if that were the case.

But if the stats were to remain constant over the next two months, then yes, the OU cutoff would be where he said.
Your wish is my command:

Weighted Stats: [(Oct*20+Sept*3+Aug)/24]

Code:
 1  Scizor          23.82%
 2  Dragonite       23.22%
 3  Rotom-W         21.60%
 4  Ferrothorn      20.38%
 5  Politoed        20.04%
 6  Tyranitar       19.98%
 7  Heatran         18.62%
 8  Gliscor         16.17%
 9  Jirachi         14.46%
10  Latios          12.65%
11  Skarmory        12.00%
12  Deoxys-S        11.33%
13  Terrakion       9.55%
14  Haxorus         9.11%
15  Ninetales       9.10%
16  Starmie         9.10%
17  Landorus        9.09%
18  Gengar          8.98%
19  Tentacruel      8.85%
20  Reuniclus       8.78%
21  Celebi          8.68%
22  Gyarados        8.55%
23  Forretress      8.30%
24  Conkeldurr      7.99%
25  Volcarona       7.67%
26  Infernape       7.51%
27  Jellicent       7.17%
28  Lucario         7.12%
29  Gastrodon       6.82%
30  Magnezone       6.50%
31  Salamence       6.25%
32  Espeon          5.94%
33  Blissey         5.77%
34  Breloom         5.59%
35  Latias          5.38%
36  Vaporeon        5.29%
37  Hydreigon       5.14%
38  Toxicroak       4.81%
39  Scrafty         4.63%
40  Bronzong        4.57%
41  Venusaur        4.53%
42  Tornadus        4.52%
43  Dugtrio         4.28%
44  Metagross       4.18%
45  Virizion        4.15%
46  Cloyster        4.06%
47  Mienshao        3.98%
48  Chansey         3.97%
[U]49  Jolteon         3.67%[/U]
50  Donphan         3.34%
51  Swampert        3.31%
52  Mamoswine       3.20%
53  Quagsire        3.13%
54  Chandelure      3.09%
55  Alakazam        2.88%
56  Sableye         2.77%
57  Mew             2.77%
58  Darmanitan      2.68%
59  Porygon2        2.61%
60  Zapdos          2.56%
61  Machamp         2.52%
62  Slowbro         2.44%
63  Hippowdon       2.43%
64  Kingdra         2.29%
65  Whimsicott      2.28%
66  Abomasnow       2.25%
67  Gorebyss        2.09%
68  Roserade        2.04%
69  Victini         2.00%
Turns out the cutoff actually would be between Jolteon and Donphan...

Hmmm...the stats i used for August might be off (I'm not sure if the stats i have are for 'Maestro's Method' or not) but they wouldnt change anything in terms of theoretical tier changes...Donphan would need to be around 5% usage in August to be OU now, and no metric has him anywhere near there.

I'm a little concerned that i havent seen ONE rain team themed around a politoed named Rain Dance Maggie. There was even a Red Hot Chilli Peppers team, with a politoed, NOT named Rain Dance Maggie. Upsetting..

People are like sheep. There is no other reasonable explanation for Dragonite getting that high. It's not even that good and the metagame didn't change all that much in its favor with the bannings. Excadrill couldn't even OHKO without Multiscale and did lol damage with it. Salamence is so much better as a DDer and mixed wallbreaker its not even funny. Its only niche is really as a Choice Bander with that powerful Extremespeed, but even that is raped by sand. Some big names just bandy around the possibility of Dragonite being the next broken thing once Excadrill was banned, and then just like that it takes the top spot. Come on people, slap a Band on it or use fucking Salamence!

Onto other things, Heatran should not be quite that high. It's not a full-stop to sun, and in fact I'd go as far as saying Chansey/Blissey are more threatening to sun than Heatran. It doesn't hard-counter much with its typing, as most of the things it ought to have the option of running HP Ground, Earth Power, or EQ specifically for him (Volca, Celebi, Venusaur...). And if you're just using it as a general special sponge you might as well be using Jirachi. Perhaps the worst thing though is that Rain teams shit all over it. It literally puts you a man down against them, which is not good considering their dominance now.

Not surprised to see Starmie up with the rise of Hyper Offense. It can come in on Deoxys-S easily and undo all his work. Sucks that she's so easily walled though...

I find it extremely strange that Reuniclus took that massive drop. I always did think that the thing was overrated, but with the new rise in both heavily offensive and stallish playstyles I had predicted his going up a bit, given that he has CM to rape stall and TR to rape HO. Granted, TR fares horribly vs stall and CM fares horribly vs HO, but you know...

Continuing on with Dragonite: Before claiming its banned, actually be able to combat it. I have been using it with Screens support, but even when Screens are down its way to easy. And no, don't say its because of Multiscale, because its broken quite often when I have these sweeps. I should NOT be able to sweep entire teams with one DD under my belt, but I do so many times, mainly without prediction (I use offensive DD, if you were wondering).

It's good to see my favorite Pokemon atop the ladder. Dragonite is finally getting the respect I felt it deserved. It's funny how many people are overlooking to benefits of being able to survive virtually any attack and saying D-Nite isn't really that good. Outside of Haxorus and a couple other rare threats, you are not going to OHKO a full health Dragonite. That's AT LEAST ONE guaranteed Dragon Dance or [insert attack here] which can be game changing. That's a lot more crucial that one may think.

@Kaos: Anyone can say something is better without giving an explanation as to why. How is that you think Dragonite's only niche is that of a Choice Bander that is raped in the Sand? That's outright nonsensical. How can Salamence be "so much better" as a Dragon Dancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)