1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: December 2014

Discussion in 'Smogon Metagames' started by Antar, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnemite

Magnemite
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

welcome back to PU leafeon, we missed you n_n
  2. Wisdomseyes

Wisdomseyes

3. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Celever, Karxrida and Disaster Area like this.
  4. Sefrox99

Sefrox99

Does mawile have to drop through all the tiers to reach where it belongs? I just really want a good sneasel counter in PU :P
  5. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Sefrox99, yes. But assuming it doesn't find a niche in UU or RU, it'll be NU by February and PU by May.
  6. Sefrox99

Sefrox99

Thanks! I hope it reaches PU soon! I get rekd by scyther and sneasel in that tier ;-;.
  7. DivideInfinity

DivideInfinity

I honestly don't understand why people think Mawile will go to PU.
    I think it'll settle in RU or NU honestly.
    It has incredible defensive typing and Intimidate.
    Obviously it won't be what Mega Maw was, but it'll still be strong.

Edit: It also gets some good supportish moves like Knock off and Seismic Toss.
  8. Lazyboy0337

Lazyboy0337

Claydol does it again.
  9. Nick420

Nick420

I wouldn't be surprised if Dragalge moved up to UU, that thing is hella good now.
    Creative likes this.
  10. xana666

xana666

So are these for mega or non mega, if not when is mega teirs being confermed.
  11. boltsandbombers

boltsandbombers i'm sorry mr. man
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

It's for the base form of the Pokemon which is directly related to its mega form.
  12. xana666

xana666

So the megas are the same teir as base unless specified?
  13. boltsandbombers

boltsandbombers i'm sorry mr. man
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yes, that's right. I'm pretty sure Smogon decided that all mega Pokemon will be in the same tier as their base form so there would be no confusion.
  14. ScraftyIsTheBest

ScraftyIsTheBest Breath of the Wild
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Wow SAVIOR DOGE joins RU, Mega Houndoom+Slurpuff combo in RU lgi. Still Houndoom will be a really cool mon because it owns Doublade, Delphox, and other Psychic-types and Mega Houndoom is a bone crushing sweeper that almost nothing can wall. I'll also actually use Emboar as a Houndoom answer lol.

Metagross with its new Mega makes a comeback in OU and returns to its superstar status that it held in ADV and DPP, once again living up to its pseudo-legendary status. So this Pokemon starts off in stardom, begins to take a huge fall in BW and then XY, and then comes back with a vengeance. Welcome back Metagross (forever my favorite pseudo-legendary).

Sceptile also returns to RU with its Mega Evolution, another welcome back to the RU crew for Sceptile.

Oh and Dragalge makes it into RU with Adaptability, great to see, Dragalge has always been a decent mon in RU and with Adaptability it's even better now. Slurpuff pls join RU.

Beedrill and Altaria went all the way from PU to UU, a huge jump, and Mawile is going to be ass in UU lol... Oh at least UU won't have to deal with Salamence for a good month or so even though it sucks ass in OU. Sableye is also incredible now with its new Mega Evo and boy I'm relieved to get rid of that thing in UU.

Other than that not much really happened, many of the tier shifts were due to the new ORAS megas, only Mawile and Wobbuffet dropping really happened but that's because they're ass now with the nerfs from bans.

PS: Also UU players pls stop using Espeon and let that piece of garbage drop to NU where it belongs kthanx.
  15. xana666

xana666

Well some aren't. Thanks for the help.
  16. Disaster Area

Disaster Area formerly Piexplode

this will affect SPL interestingly lol

anyway I think well handled Antar (although I heard from someone [Joim or Xenu I think idk, idr] that it's pretty typical to get DDoS'd or something a few days before game release [although I don't 100% know if it was DDoS or whether it was just a hard driver fail].. either way, even if it wasn't a DDoS, the fact that it's fairly routine (in an every 4 years kinda way) very mildly suprised you weren't backing it up) no blame for you you've done some sensible work with what you've done and I know I have no position to say otherwise. c: When will we have ORAS LC UU stats tho, czar? :p
  17. s0nido

s0nido

say that to 50/85/85/55/55/50 BST and a piss-poor movepool. it just won't survive in the upper tiers unless it finds a REALLY specific niche.

regarding the tier shifts, though, we lost some nice Pokemon to OU from UU, but I'm still really glad that we have Altaria and Diancie. Let's just hope that the council doesn't instaban then~
  18. wishes

wishes best beast
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Epseon's not that bad :[. Dual Screens is a pretty cool set and it works in OU alongside Mega Charizard X, dunno why it gets so much shit tbh. It'll stay UU >;o

I'm quite interested in how Mega Lopunny is just in RU at the moment, I would've thought UU. Huh. Well, I guess maybe soon enough? On the flipside, Mega Beedrill somehow made it! It's being used quite a lot in OU, so it could! Also, I'm verryyyy happy that Mega Audino still is in NU to wreak havoc >:o! Overall, nice changes. Mega Houndoom strong? Wobbufett too OP for NU? Only time will tell!
    Jaguar360 likes this.
  19. Wisdomseyes

Wisdomseyes

I don't understand. Is it not as accurate or.... ?

Navigating that folder, for me, would be a nightmare. I like sweepercalc to find my useage statistics... Over some folder hidden Somewhere
  20. tahu

tahu Within me there grows a rhythmic savage beast
    is a Pre-Contributor

Would it be possible to get a list of rises/drops from LC/Doubles UU? I'm a bum and don't want to trawl through the stats.
  21. Patrick1088

Patrick1088

Yay for beedrill, its a real monster lol

I thought ibsaw somebody mention rachi leaving UU?

Sableye leaving will be interesting for UU. Maybe whimsi will continue being so populat and is now the best pranktet user in UU atm barring klefki...
  22. rrivera992011

rrivera992011

Altaria's time to shine is now. Someday, you will be OU.
  23. Pokemoon

Pokemoon

with all these new megas, i'm excited about them, but i don't really wanna use them until they're tiered properly
  24. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

LC UU I'm locking in for at least another month. I'll calc Doubles UU today.
    You were saying anyone who wanted the monthly usage stats could go to sweepercalc. But that was October's data--they couldn't have updated for November because they didn't have the new data.
    tahu likes this.
  25. xana666

xana666

Can anyone point me to an up-to-date official list of all pokes and there tiering. If there is not one I think it would be beneficial for one to exist.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)