Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: December 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does mawile have to drop through all the tiers to reach where it belongs? I just really want a good sneasel counter in PU :P

I honestly don't understand why people think Mawile will go to PU.
I think it'll settle in RU or NU honestly.
It has incredible defensive typing and Intimidate.
Obviously it won't be what Mega Maw was, but it'll still be strong.

Edit: It also gets some good supportish moves like Knock off and Seismic Toss.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wow SAVIOR DOGE joins RU, Mega Houndoom+Slurpuff combo in RU lgi. Still Houndoom will be a really cool mon because it owns Doublade, Delphox, and other Psychic-types and Mega Houndoom is a bone crushing sweeper that almost nothing can wall. I'll also actually use Emboar as a Houndoom answer lol.

Metagross with its new Mega makes a comeback in OU and returns to its superstar status that it held in ADV and DPP, once again living up to its pseudo-legendary status. So this Pokemon starts off in stardom, begins to take a huge fall in BW and then XY, and then comes back with a vengeance. Welcome back Metagross (forever my favorite pseudo-legendary).

Sceptile also returns to RU with its Mega Evolution, another welcome back to the RU crew for Sceptile.

Oh and Dragalge makes it into RU with Adaptability, great to see, Dragalge has always been a decent mon in RU and with Adaptability it's even better now. Slurpuff pls join RU.

Beedrill and Altaria went all the way from PU to UU, a huge jump, and Mawile is going to be ass in UU lol... Oh at least UU won't have to deal with Salamence for a good month or so even though it sucks ass in OU. Sableye is also incredible now with its new Mega Evo and boy I'm relieved to get rid of that thing in UU.

Other than that not much really happened, many of the tier shifts were due to the new ORAS megas, only Mawile and Wobbuffet dropping really happened but that's because they're ass now with the nerfs from bans.

PS: Also UU players pls stop using Espeon and let that piece of garbage drop to NU where it belongs kthanx.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
this will affect SPL interestingly lol

anyway I think well handled Antar (although I heard from someone [Joim or Xenu I think idk, idr] that it's pretty typical to get DDoS'd or something a few days before game release [although I don't 100% know if it was DDoS or whether it was just a hard driver fail].. either way, even if it wasn't a DDoS, the fact that it's fairly routine (in an every 4 years kinda way) very mildly suprised you weren't backing it up) no blame for you you've done some sensible work with what you've done and I know I have no position to say otherwise. c: When will we have ORAS LC UU stats tho, czar? :p

I honestly don't understand why people think Mawile will go to PU.
I think it'll settle in RU or NU honestly.
It has incredible defensive typing and Intimidate.
Obviously it won't be what Mega Maw was, but it'll still be strong.
say that to 50/85/85/55/55/50 BST and a piss-poor movepool. it just won't survive in the upper tiers unless it finds a REALLY specific niche.

regarding the tier shifts, though, we lost some nice Pokemon to OU from UU, but I'm still really glad that we have Altaria and Diancie. Let's just hope that the council doesn't instaban then~

PS: Also UU players pls stop using Espeon and let that piece of garbage drop to NU where it belongs kthanx.
Epseon's not that bad :[. Dual Screens is a pretty cool set and it works in OU alongside Mega Charizard X, dunno why it gets so much shit tbh. It'll stay UU >;o

I'm quite interested in how Mega Lopunny is just in RU at the moment, I would've thought UU. Huh. Well, I guess maybe soon enough? On the flipside, Mega Beedrill somehow made it! It's being used quite a lot in OU, so it could! Also, I'm verryyyy happy that Mega Audino still is in NU to wreak havoc >:o! Overall, nice changes. Mega Houndoom strong? Wobbufett too OP for NU? Only time will tell!

Would it be possible to get a list of rises/drops from LC/Doubles UU? I'm a bum and don't want to trawl through the stats.

Yay for beedrill, its a real monster lol

I thought ibsaw somebody mention rachi leaving UU?

Sableye leaving will be interesting for UU. Maybe whimsi will continue being so populat and is now the best pranktet user in UU atm barring klefki...

with all these new megas, i'm excited about them, but i don't really wanna use them until they're tiered properly

Would it be possible to get a list of rises/drops from LC/Doubles UU? I'm a bum and don't want to trawl through the stats.
LC UU I'm locking in for at least another month. I'll calc Doubles UU today.
I don't understand. Is it not as accurate or.... ?
You were saying anyone who wanted the monthly usage stats could go to sweepercalc. But that was October's data--they couldn't have updated for November because they didn't have the new data.

Can anyone point me to an up-to-date official list of all pokes and there tiering. If there is not one I think it would be beneficial for one to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)