Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2015 (See Post 222 for April Quick Rises/Drops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebi moved from UU to OU
Heracross moved from OU to UU
Manaphy moved from BL to OU
Terrakion moved from OU to UU
Diancie moved from UU to OU
Serperior moved from BL2 to UU
Raikou moved from UU to OU
Pinsir moved from OU to UU
Jirachi moved from UU to OU
Starmie moved from UU to OU
Okay, Celebi was probally the best Crocune Check for the longest time.
Heracross, what are we doing with the mega?
Manaphy, do we really have to make that change, its not like it changes tiers.
Terrakion, ruined by M-Sableye!
Diancie is Diamond Storm all that better from Carbink?
Serperior, has ruined my preferred play-style of stall; anyone no how to wall it? Now the best Crocune check.
Raikou, we had to separate the trio?
Pinsir, same question as Heracross.
Jirachi, It was time, RIP to all my UU teams...
Starmie, rapid spinners are in that high demand?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Celebi moved from UU to OU: Onion taking names
Heracross moved from OU to UU: Ah Banded Guts Heracross how I've missed you.
Pidgeot moved from RU to UU: Well that settles that suspect.
Heliolisk moved from RU to NU: To think there was a time people really considered this OU material.
Glalie moved from NU to RU: And now it just needs to go to the next.
Salamence moved from OU to UU: Sigh, the circle of life.
Manaphy moved from BL to OU: Not surprising
Torkoal moved from NU to PU: Yaaaawn
Sceptile moved from RU to UU: Good riddance
Terrakion moved from OU to UU: Rip UU Part 1
Pawniard moved from NU to PU: I blame Hariyama
Diancie moved from UU to OU: Lol at this thing being UU while it's sweeping team in OU.
Serperior moved from BL2 to UU: A god
Quagsire moved from RU to NU: NU Stall, sounds fun n_n
Bouffalant, Scyther, Probopass moved from PU to NU: TONE114 you need to make me some new PU teams now please
Jirachi moved from UU to OU: I'm glad this happened. Not because it was annoying but because it'll make my UU friends mad.
Starmie moved from UU to OU: I approve
Pinsir moved from OU to UU: ........hahahahahaha

As far as my knowledge goes, only Gengar has never fallen from OU in any generation. Starmie remained OU from Gen 1 - 5, but fell in Gen 6.
But if it's a matter of "being" in OU for all six current generations, then, yes, Starmie goes in as well.

But enough of that, I'm trying to think of potential checks and counters for the UU drops.
Terrakion: Gligar, Nidoqueen, Doublade, Tangrowth,...Golurk?
It has great checks in Mega Sceptile, Azelf, and Alakazam. Most of these checks/counters get rekt by Mega Pinsir.
Mega Pinsir: All I can really think of to counter it is Doublade, Rhyperior and possibly Alomomola.
Rotom-H can do a good number on it but is pretty shaky. Best to keep the rocks up.
Salamence: Florges, Aromatisse, Cresselia and Granbull stop it fine. But this thing is too stupidly strong for UU to last that long.
And Heracross is okay; Doublade, Gligar, Crobat, fairies have it covered.

I hope these guys get kicked from UU as soon as possible. Heracross, welcome back.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
As far as my knowledge goes, only Gengar has never fallen from OU in any generation. Starmie remained OU from Gen 1 - 5, but fell in Gen 6.
But if it's a matter of "being" in OU for all six current generations, then, yes, Starmie goes in as well.

But enough of that, I'm trying to think of potential checks and counters for the UU drops.
Terrakion: Gligar, Nidoqueen, Doublade, Tangrowth,...Golurk?
It has great checks in Mega Sceptile, Azelf, and Alakazam. Most of these checks/counters get rekt by Mega Pinsir.
Mega Pinsir: All I can really think of to counter it is Doublade, Rhyperior and possibly Alomomola.
Rotom-H can do a good number on it but is pretty shaky. Best to keep the rocks up.
Salamence: Florges, Aromatisse, Cresselia and Granbull stop it fine. But this thing is too stupidly strong for UU to last that long.
And Heracross is okay; Doublade, Gligar, Crobat, fairies have it covered.

I hope these guys get kicked from UU as soon as possible. Heracross, welcome back.
Well Starmie has now been OU in every single generation, sure it may not have been OU for the entire generation, but as long as it's OU by the latest generation's tier shift, that is all that matters

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
Don't worry Pinsir and Terrakion will come back to OU in like a week
UU be banhappy

I don't understand why something like Pinsir would drop, but lol Zapdos hasn't yet...

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
>Pinsir, Heracross and Terrakion moved from OU to UU

OH BOY, THIS IS GONNA BE A FUN RIDE.

Really amazing tier-shift all in all, so fantastic! People in NU better start using ddance feraligatr now!

I'm almost positive Terrakion was moved to BL last time it was in UU. Shouldn't it be returned there just like mega Medicham?
It turns out that since Terrakion was banned in UU Beta, that doesn't count as being banned in XYUU/ORASUU

Oh well.

I don't understand why something like Pinsir would drop, but lol Zapdos hasn't yet...
I think a lot of people are just slow to come up with a new team after the mega salamence ban. Pinsir was totally outclassed by salamence, while HP Ice Zapdos was one of the few reliable checks to it.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Im very disappointed to see Quagsire and Virizion move to NU, are they really bad in RU?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Im very disappointed to see Quagsire and Virizion move to NU, are they really bad in RU?
Virizion was troubled by the high usage of Mega Pidgeot and Dragalge, and Quagsire, while it was nice how it walled setup mons; it kinda just sat around as deadweight most of the time.

Quagsire from RU to NU: finally, NU is no longer Feraligatrs bitch

Claydol to NU:

Shame it still seems lacklustre

The fact that gligar is out of RU made me look for a new hazard removal on 6 of my RU teams.

Jirachi was really obvious though

Sceptile was so close to getting back into OU once more but serperior stole away its usage at the last moment. Can't catch a break that sceptile. At least Diancie made it to OU this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)