Smogon Wi-Fi Tournament #2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, I mainly made this account for the other tournement but ended up not applying for it. Glad to see Wobbefet and evasion clause in it now. I'll probably join this one after my vacation back x_x

I was just wondering the same thing. I know wobbuffet proved to be broken/bad for the metagame, but I didn't see double team/minimize as a huge metagame breaker in any of the matches in the tourney.
Actually, my entire PBR team of Donphan (with Ice Shard), Milotic (with Ice Beam), and Dusknoir just lost to a single DTing Garchomp (No Swords Dance or CB/CS as far as I could tell. All it had was Dragon Claw and Dragon Rush besides Double Team, and it would switch freely between the two) after I wiped the floor with Tyranitar and Weavile with Donphan. After the first Ice Shard (and his first DT), I could never hit him again for the KO, which I could've done if just one more Ice Shard or an Ice Beam hit. I was pretty frustrated when 4 Ice Shards, 3 Ice Beams, and 3 Shadow Sneaks all missed in succession while he killed me after DTing twice (technically 3 with Sandstorm). And that was his last Pokemon too, so it's not like I could've Roared/Whirlwinded him away.

So yeah, I'm all for Evasion ban as of right now. Out of the two games I've played with someone using DT, both times DT screwed me over badly. But that's just me.

I have yet to compete as I'm still raising my team on my off-time. If I'm tournament caliber come early-mid July I'll most definitely partake in this.

Also, this will be like the 5th time I've dl'ed mIRC.

I'm having trouble figuring out what time is 11am here in South America, can someone help me?
Sorry for the noobish question, but I lost the first tourney because I didn't knew what time was and was afraid of asking.

Wow I really want to enter this but im getting d/p and my Ds on July 21 !!! =/. I dont think I cant beat the game by 10 pm the next day and pal park stuff but maybe if I use a walkthrough.....

I don't recommend that, enjoy your game and sign-up for the next tournament. There will be always a "Next Tournament".

Argh, I was so in for this, went and bought the USB dongle, got it installed finally (last time I tried a few months back it didn't work), and now... my DS doesn't even recognize it as a connection port. =(

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So this is basically a blanket ban even if the stats are untampered with? Because some people only use AR just to catch the Pokemon from previous generations.
Like said, it's basically mute. If we can find that a Pokémon is sharked somehow, then you will be DQ'd. For example, a Cherish Ball on a Bred Pokémon.

Dane said:
Argh, I was so in for this, went and bought the USB dongle, got it installed finally (last time I tried a few months back it didn't work), and now... my DS doesn't even recognize it as a connection port. =(
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/customersupport/downloadUSB.jsp

I tried that, it still didn't work. Either there's a button I don't know of to distincively look for the USB Dongle (rather than any general port), or something is up with my connection. Though I would think it would still recognize it if it were my connection, and just fail the connection test.

Did you do the system requirements test for the USB dongle (on the website somewhere, I think)? And when you plug it in, is it recognized, the program runs in the item tray, the icon is blue, the USB dongle light lights up etc.?

At any rate, there's also at least one Nintendo wifi forum that you could try asking at...they have a ton of info. I've had my USB adapater stop working a few times, but reinstalls always fixed it.

I tried that, it still didn't work. Either there's a button I don't know of to distincively look for the USB Dongle (rather than any general port), or something is up with my connection. Though I would think it would still recognize it if it were my connection, and just fail the connection test.

theres one of those on the ds wifi settings. if your software is installed properly then use that button on the ds's wifi settings and it should work.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
oh awesome! also, I could help with mIRC help if need be. (Also, just telling you, I might have to go away due to uni stuff on the 22nd. Probably not though.)

Sounds good, Glad to see Wobby and evasion ban this time. I'll be free that day. ^^ great.

Good luck for your battles.

Dietrich, Pokemon trainer.

Is there any reason for the item clause besides "creativity"? Leftovers balances out sandstorm(and to a lesser extent poison/burn/etc.) damage IMO.

Sonuis

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there any reason for the item clause besides "creativity"? Leftovers balances out sandstorm(and to a lesser extent poison/burn/etc.) damage IMO.
To teach you that there are item other than leftovers that are usable. Also, people didn't mind it much at all last tournament. Except ET, but he bitches about a lot of things.

Didn't notice that USB button, but it still didn't work. Getting error 53003 which apparently means incompatible, even though I've run the test on that site and it said it would work.

Of course. I'm thinking it's because I have campus internet, which decides to be ridiculous fairly often.

To teach you that there are item other than leftovers that are usable. Also, people didn't mind it much at all last tournament. Except ET, but he bitches about a lot of things.
And those items are...? I want to be in this tourney as much as any body else, but I need to know other items that could take the place of Leftovers (Besides Black Sludge)

Sonuis

And those items are...? I want to be in this tourney as much as any body else, but I need to know other items that could take the place of Leftovers (Besides Black Sludge)
Do you need to use Leftovers on every Pokémon?

No. Other items works well, even if they don't recover 1/16th HP.

Edit: Choice Items, Expert Belt, Quick Claw, Scope Lens, Focus Lens, Brightpowder, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Power Boost items (20% now), Life Orb, Type-Resist Berries, Stat Raising Berries, Lum Berry, and I'm sure I forgot something.

Light Clay for Screen-Supporters, Wide Lends / Zoom Lens for accuracy help, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, White Herb, Chesto Berry for Resters, Shell Bell ...

Do you need to use Leftovers on every Pokémon?

No. Other items works well, even if they don't recover 1/16th HP.

Edit: Choice Items, Expert Belt, Quick Claw, Scope Lens, Focus Lens, Brightpowder, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Power Boost items (20% now), Life Orb, Type-Resist Berries, Stat Raising Berries, Lum Berry, and I'm sure I forgot something.
Weren't Brightpowder, Quick Claw, King's Rock, and Scope Lens banned in ADV though? Why let them use it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)