Smogon Wifi Tournament #1 Team, Story, Reflection

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
resist...urge...to argue more about futuresuperstar not being a cheater...

good tourney though, fss was giving me play by play and your team seems like a very hard one to break, the whole wobbuffet encoring to set up smeargle is pretty neat.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
resist...urge...to argue more about futuresuperstar not being a cheater...

good tourney though, fss was giving me play by play and your team seems like a very hard one to break, the whole wobbuffet encoring to set up smeargle is pretty neat.
I dunno about FSS being a cheater as well considering I remember playing him on GameFAQs and he seemed to take normal damage from me (Bellyzard sweep). Who knows =/ But seeing as he didn't respond his disqualification is pretty standard. Their battle never finished after all.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Win-win situation, basically. If Hypnosis misses, you've Safeguarded and have a free switch and set-up turn to whatever pokemon you want to go to. If it hits, you switch and let something else get put to sleep, thus winning you the game.

Obi was going to use a similar Wobbuffet strategy in JAA if I recall correctly, but he went with something else instead.
Oh, well, I assumed that Wobbuffet would be faster, seeing as both have the same base speed, but a lot of Bronzong have a -Speed nature for Trick Room teams, so I saw the first scenario but didn't see the second one. Then again, I guess not all of them are used on Trick Room teams, so that was my mistake there. In any case, Wobbuffet seemed to work well in the battles as a free turn for setting up.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You guys can get off the subject of fss being a cheater or not. I had to make a fairly split-second call; if I was wrong, I apologize. Either way, I'm sure fss will be in the next wifi tournament if he can make it and he will do just fine there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)