Smogon Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament

Approved by Gmax

Hey guys, I'm no good at intro's so I'll just cut to the chase straight away. I'm hosting a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament. You need YVD 9.1, which you can download here. If you have any problems in getting YVD, you can PM me and I can help you with it. Rev it up and get your game on, because it's time to duel!

Tournament Rules (stolen from Thorns' thread):
1. All players must carefully familiarise themselves with the latest rulebook and follow the rules carefully.
2. If there is a dispute in terms of rulings, refer to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki.
3. Game discussion will be held on #yugioh, on irc.synirc.net. This can also be used to schedule matches and find some help for your deck! (yes I'm shamelessly plugging #yugioh but who cares)
4. You may only use one deck throughout the whole tournament.
5. The tournament is knockout, played in Matches (not Duels!) ie. best of three (Victory Dragon is banned anyway).
6. No player may reveal the contents of their opponent's deck.
7. Each player may use a 15 card Side Deck.
8. Creativity is encouraged, unlike Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! is actually boring if you use the same top tier teams, I mean decks.
9. It is advised that players compete whilst sober. Nobody wants to duel a drunk Hobo Joe.
10. When you sign up, please give your YVD username. I won't sign you up if you don't. It will show to me that you have read the rules and also have YVD.

Signups (The YVD usernames of the player is in the parentheses):
The signups will end by Thursday, July 22.
1. Hobo Joe (HoboJoe)
2. Kannon (Kannon)
3. Thorns (thorns)
4. Zystral (Zystral)
5. Lightwolf (Lightwolf)
6. kd24 (emblem)
7. Plus (plus9000)
8. Fuhret (Fuhret)
9. MagicMaster87 (MagicMaster87)
10. Atticus (guylaroche5)
11. Class (Piotrowiak)
12. Tsunami (Brisies)
13. Moot (mootington)
14. ENZ0 (enz0)
15. AbsolDeath (AbsolDeath)
16. Locopoke (locopoke)
17. Sora247 2008 (Sora247)
18. The Pugilist (puggy)
19. Huntofthelion (Huntofthelion)
20. Asim (bbtancakes)
21. Shinkou (74.88.243.120)
22. GaRgAnt (GaRgAnt)
23. hasbeenkoed (HasbeenKOed)
24. Alan (Alan_smogon)

kd24 (emblem)

im registered, have deck, etc etc but just need to make sure i can fully connect with eithers. everyone i asked says sure (no test battles yet) so i should be all good to go

I've been dueling for years (And have a really outdated, but somehow insanely effective deck); do I have to fufill some special requirements in the YVD to use the cards that are in my real-life deck?

I've been dueling for years (And have a really outdated, but somehow insanely effective deck); do I have to fufill some special requirements in the YVD to use the cards that are in my real-life deck?
Have you even tried using YVD? You can use any cards (so long as they follow the format).

This could be fun, nick is Fuhret

i'd like to be in this time. reinstalling my yvd to see if i can get it to work again. i can't remember my username, i'll edit it in when i figure it out.

edit: got it working and i'm in. username is bbtancakes.

I got addicted for 2 months last time this idea was proposed... I'm a few months behind now, but oh well. I got this. bahhaa.

sign me up

username on YVD is Piotrowiak

as far as I know, Lightsworns got completely ruined by the March ban list, but I don't know if they got any new support in the last couple booster packs
Really? Looking on the list all I see is Honest getting Semi-Limited, but then again I quit back a little before March (Right after the Pack before Fairy Dragon came out)

Really? Looking on the list all I see is Honest getting Semi-Limited, but then again I quit back a little before March (Right after the Pack before Fairy Dragon came out)
there's also lumina, charge of the light brigade, necro gardna, and foolish burial all getting limited. lightsworn is basically dead (if you're talking the meta anyway).

there's also lumina, charge of the light brigade, necro gardna, and foolish burial all getting limited. lightsworn is basically dead (if you're talking the meta anyway).
Wow I feel like such a noob to miss all of that, how are Blackwings cuz I see Gale being limited and Black Whirlwind being Semi so it seems like they got semi hit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)