Votes: 16 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I couldn't decide between steel / ice and ice / bug. Then I voted Ice / Bug and found out my vote nudged ice / bug into the lead!!! OMG lol...

Ice/Bug ftw. A fast, fragile sweeper like weavile with STAB on ice punch and x-scissor. Sure, stealth rock owns it, but that just requires that he be carefully used.

I voted Ice/Steel. Mostly because it's the same typing as another Poke I made up ages ago. <_< Not the best of reasons, granted, but w/e.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I voted for bug/ice

Here's my opinion on this whole thing for next time. Forgo the top three types and just take the #1 choice. Then make a poll combining that #1 choice with all 16 other types + a mono choice. That way we avoid combining crappy types with no way to choose something else.

I had thought the general concensus was that we wanted a new steel type. However, because of the way this poll was constructed, it's like choosing the lesser of 3 evils, which has left us with no new steel type and a new type combo that's pretty innefective (assuming bug/ice wins).

Wait, doesn't Bug/Ice have a Flying Weak? Ice doesn't resist Flying while bug is weak. If so, then it isn't on the first page.

Man did everyone fuck this up. =/ I'm already uninterested now that the type will be one of these.
That's pretty much the general consensus. I've learned my lesson and will take measures against something like this in the future with better polling, but I think it's worth it to see the rest of "Create a Pokemon" 1 through. There are surely more flaws that will be discovered, and this will be a learning experience for everyone.

Ice Bug. We already have a Steel Bug (whats up Scizor), and since the point of this thread is to be creative, I picked the Ice/Bug Choice!

I chose Ice/Bug. Probably not the best type wise, but I'm going for something cool and new here, plus steel/bug is forretress/scizor.

Yep! Thats why I picked Ice/Bug too! It'll be a quite interesting Pokemon...Ice/Bug...lets dip Scyther in the Antartic!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
One more thing about the Ice/Bug

It needs Magic Guard or something similar. Spinner isn't gonna cut it-Ice/Bug doesn't have many resists (well resisting QuakeBeam is notable, but it also packs a ton of weaknesses including 4x to both Fire and Rock).

On the other hand, I imagine it going something like this

HP: 90
Atk: 110
Def: 60
Spd: 120
SAtk: 115
SDef: 60
Lucario's offenses, slightly weaker defenses, and a lot of speed.

I imagine it going Close Combat/Ice Beam/X-Scissor/Thunderbolt @ Life Orb (well Volbeat/Illumise/Regice/Lapras gets Thunderbolt)

Just for future threads, you may want to write out the word first, because as soon as I see "1st" i automatically think it is the same poll, but if you had "first," I would remember to scan the title and subsequently see the number of the poll. I don't know if this is true fo others, just a suggestion.

As I've said, something of Lucario's caliber with Magic Guard would be completely broken. That said, your idea sounds pretty good. Something like a cross between Heracross and Weavile was what I was thinking....

Not sure about how I'll do the base stats yet. I'll probably have a poll be like

1) 550-600
2) 500-550
3) 450-500

And the lower we go, the better the attacks can be. Or something along those lines.

We need a poll that talks about new ability and/or new attack though I was hoping it would have been a "throw your idea into the hat" thing since I have a few idea in my mind.

Also, how would it being a mixed sweeper with piss-poor defense + Magic Guard be broken?

The same reason why Weavile, Heracross, and Aerodactyl all sweep.

Frail defense + high Attack + high Speed = sweep.

Mixed sweeper + Life Orb + high Attack and Sp. Attack = more sweep

As for attacks and ability, that's what I'm planning on doing. People will suggest attacks and abilities, then I'll pick those that seem most logical for everyone to vote on.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
OMG, Ice/Bug. I had created a base 600 pokémon with this type. An Artic moth, Himath (crappy name, kill me), with Levitate (duh) and an Ice-Type Flash Fire. I remembered I gave her BoltBeam, Nasty Plot and Baton Pass (yeah, maybe a little broken), and her stats were Garchomp's, but special-based. Himath's weaknesses are as many as Tyranitar's, so that's why I decided giving it 600 Base and a huge movepool would balance her.

Even if I think Ice/Steel would be a great typing, I'm going to vote in Bug/Ice. Gogogo, Himath.

Lol, I even gave her Rapid Spin, Swords Dance, Ice Shard, Sheer Cold, Spider Web and Mirror Coat. Was I crazy or what.

EDIT: Gah, I gave her an Ice-Type Overheat, Whirlwind and Agility. Am I an idiot or what.
And there are all the other pokés I created... God, I'm surely being an active member in this Create a Pokémon topics.

The same reason why Weavile, Heracross, and Aerodactyl all sweep.

Frail defense + high Attack + high Speed = sweep.

Mixed sweeper + Life Orb + high Attack and Sp. Attack = more sweep

As for attacks and ability, that's what I'm planning on doing. People will suggest attacks and abilities, then I'll pick those that seem most logical for everyone to vote on.
Heracross doesn't have piss-poor defense D: though I'll give the rest to you since Weavile does sweep and have crappy ass defenses.

I alway though if this type combo won, it would get a icy/buggy version of Magic Guard or something. Don't know why...maybe Magic Guard on it doesn't sound right in my mind.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I give you the North American "Icecrawler"

AKA Gryllo (Name is for his scientific name Grylloblattodae)

Ability: Ice Shell
(Magic guard, but you know... Icey)

HP: 80
Atk: 100
Def 90
Sp.Atk: 105
Sp.Def: 90
Spd: 85

Movepool

(New Physical Icebeam perhaps Icesword or Ice Dagger)
Earthquake
Bug Buzz
Thunderbolt

A bulky mixed sweeper, in order to offset the greatness of Ice Shell/LO some speed is sacrificed, but not so much as to render it unusable. I'm horrible at coming up with movesets and stats but this seems pretty fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)