• Ice/Bug

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • No dual typing, mono-Steel for the win

Votes: 16 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit, that was one servely horrible name to give to any creature. Got any suggestion?
Icicada? Might be a little too close to Nincada. Gryllo is fitting though, but it would be very non-Pokemon to not give it some ice pun in the name.

Man, it's still pretty neck-in-neck in the voting though.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
steel/ ice canot be used as a tank/wall due to its 2 4x weaknesses and its all to comon weakness to ground also bug is a far supirior attcking type compared to steel come on we need every vote we can get, go bug/ice!!!!

Although Bug/Ice Ice/Steel are creative typings, they'd probably be UU due to their horrendous typing unless they had godly base stats.
It's already been established that I did the type thing wrong. There should've been a second poll to determine the top three from the most popular types from poll 1... but as I've said, I'm going to press forward anyway to continue working the bugs out so that I have a workable base for future "Create a Pokemon" programs.

Anyway, Ice/Steel has really made a comeback! It could definitely have a shot at winning now!

For all those people talking about art and how stupid it would be for a thin tank, the next poll (which will start tonight) is going to determine the function of our new pokemon. Physical sweeper, mixed sweeper, special sweeper, physical tank, and special tank. That pretty much covers them all, right?

Also, for people dissing 4x weakness pokemon, Garchomp, Salamence, Swampert, and Magnezone would like to have a word with you.

steel/ bug canot be used as a tank/wall due to its 2 4x weaknesses and its all to comon weakness to ground also bug is a far supirior attcking type compared to steel come on we need every vote we can get, go bug/ice!!!!
You don't know what you are talking about.
Steel/Bug has only one 4x weakness to fire, no 2x weaknesses and a boatload of resists. I think you mean steel/ice.

Edit: 7 hours left, it's really down to the wire!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ice/Steel has some major weaknesses, but it could be a cool concept (no pun intended). I'm envisioning a pokemon based on refrigeration devices. It may seem stupid, but it could be interesting -- kinda like a Magnezone. Maybe it could be an alternate evo for Magneton.

The refrigeration device theme could be used as a justification for a Heatproof ability (think "insulation") or a new ability with outright fire immunity. That would help remove one of those 4x weaknesses. Having 2 common 4x weaknesses is an insurmountable limitation for any pokemon to be used competitively. Just look at Rhyperior. Even with all that power and an ability geared to limit the weaknesses -- it just doesn't work well. I love the potential of Ice/Steel, but only if we minimize the 4x weaknesses. No "Solid Steel" ability or the like. In competitive play, a 3x weakness is just as bad as a 4x weakness.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
sorry i ment steel/ice

For all those people talking about art and how stupid it would be for a thin tank, the next poll (which will start tonight) is going to determine the function of our new pokemon. Physical sweeper, mixed sweeper, special sweeper, physical tank, and special tank. That pretty much covers them all, right?
add physical wall, special wall and suporter and have you read my post sugesting a compotition in smergles studio for the sprite before too much longer?

Also, for people dissing 4x weakness pokemon, Garchomp, Salamence, Swampert, and Magnezone would like to have a word with you.
but you cant ague that steel/ice is a good wall/tank type

Steel/Ice is sooo much cooler than Bug/Steel.

Eh heh...

Couldn't resist the bad pun. Anyway, giving it Heatproof could kill its Fire weakness.

For the whole SR weakness thing: what about an ability that just negates damage incurred upon switching in? Stops life orb abusal, anything else you would normally incur while on the field you'll still take, toxic spikes still poison you. Just stops spikes and SR damage. Seems like a fair trade, could have a secondary ability and make it like Poison Heal, but I dunno how broken that could become.

I vote ice/bug, on the condition that it's ability is: "This pokemon is immune to stealth rock." Maybe called blind-fight?

On the other hand, we aren't really debating abilities now. I still vote for ice/bug just because I find it neat, not any strategic reason.
Long Antennae
-This Pokemon is immune to damage from traps suchs as spikes and stealth rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)