CAP 1 Smogon's 1st "Create a Pokemon"

Would You Actively Participate in the Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Program?

• Yes, I will vote whenever I can

Votes: 156 86.2%
  • No, this idea is stupid/premature, as are you

Votes: 25 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and why don't you start with the most obvious fan-made pokémon... FARFETCH'D EVO!
Naw don't ruin the pure awesomeness of farfetch'd. what he needs is a stat boost not an evo...

anyways nice program go for it

lol @ arceus evo tier that sounds really boring

What we do need is a friggin baby kangaskan! how can you be born into existence with a baby in your pouch??

I think this would be interesting, but my point of view tends to vary slightly from many others'. What I mean by that is that I play UU (sometimes BL) and below, so I actually like trying to use things whose stat totals don't reach the 500-mark. But since few people are willing to design things like that, I don't know how much I'd enjoy it.

If there was an audience for a fantasy-UU league, though, I would be happy to contribute (I can remember an invented Pokemon or two from my childhood playing Pokemon Yellow).

What I'd really like to see:

Farfetch'd evolution.

Tauros evolution.

Pinser evolution.

Is that really to much to ask? I mean come on, first gen pokemon that are still getting the shaft a decade later...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Naw don't ruin the pure awesomeness of farfetch'd. what he needs is a stat boost not an evo...

anyways nice program go for it

lol @ arceus evo tier that sounds really boring

What we do need is a friggin baby kangaskan! how can you be born into existence with a baby in your pouch??
I went through this topic all again searching for a fanart someone made of a perfect Farfecth'd evo, but didn't found it >_> Did someone have a link to that?

Wait....Draco Meteor's name came from a fan, what the hell?!? I alway thought GameFreak couldn't take ideas from fandom...or was that something else.

Has any pokemon design made by a fan been ever used by GameFreak but modified?
Actually, the disign of Donphan was created by a fan. Oh yeah, and I vote yes! I've made some up already in my past!

Miltank and Tauros really seem like they should be related, even though they're not similar Pokemon. Still, it wouldn't be unreasonable to connect them, similar to what Tyrogue did.
This is true. Also it seems that jynx might need an evo to fit in with the RBY humanshape club (Magmar,Electabuzz). Edit: How do they seem unrelated? Miltank is a cow and Tauros is a bull. Or at least that's what I see.

This is true. Also it seems that jynx might need an evo to fit in with the RBY humanshape club (Magmar,Electabuzz). Edit: How do they seem unrelated? Miltank is a cow and Tauros is a bull. Or at least that's what I see.
The only thing I could think of would be their movepools. I'm not very familiar with either Pokemon, so I'm not sure how different they are.

I really wouldn't want to participate in this, because it would be rampant with useless subjectivity over something that won't make an impact in the grand scheme of things. Besides, it could perfectly well lead to some ridiculous debates over the most insignificant things.
If the grand scheme of the program is to come to a new pokemon through voting, wouldn't everything be significant? Obviously there wouldn't be polls on trivial things like weight/height (unless Low Kick becomes ridiculously overused...), but creature type, ability, and stats are very important.

The only hard part I see is deciding on things like movepool and ability. I'll ultimately want the new pokemon to have it's own signature move, so I'll suggest a few effects. But people will undoubtably have their own, so those will be hard to judge. Movepool is intimidating, but will most likely be decided by how the pokemon is supposed to work (staller, sweeper, etc.). So I don't know where you're coming from, Great Sage.

At this point it really depends on how the program turns out, but I'd love to have original art for the pokemon. Though what I may do is in the end, if I still have the patience to deal with polls, I'll take a book from Wizards of the Coast and have all potential artists submit examples of their best works and have people vote on who designs the pokemon art.

If the grand scheme of the program is to come to a new pokemon through voting, wouldn't everything be significant? Obviously there wouldn't be polls on trivial things like weight/height (unless Low Kick becomes ridiculously overused...), but creature type, ability, and stats are very important.

The only hard part I see is deciding on things like movepool and ability. I'll ultimately want the new pokemon to have it's own signature move, so I'll suggest a few effects. But people will undoubtably have their own, so those will be hard to judge. Movepool is intimidating, but will most likely be decided by how the pokemon is supposed to work (staller, sweeper, etc.). So I don't know where you're coming from, Great Sage.
I would think that things like height and weight would follow from the physical description of the Pokemon when it is first suggested, so it shouldn't be much of an issue, anyway.

How would this work exactly? If we're just "creating" Pokemon that don't exist, is there going to be some special battle simulator made for this? And if so, who is going to make it? I mean, I can understand augmenting/changing existing Pokemon, since that can pretty much just be done via Pokesav (stat edits, moves, ability), but I don't really understand how this would work is I guess what I'm saying.

I've loved these,I doodled some when I was bored.I could definitely make some.Oh,there are some great drawings in the Smeargle Studio.Someone made a full set of their own starts,and stuff.I really want a cool Ghost/Steel type with Levitate.That would be awesome,and would mess up some stuff.

It has a bazillion resistances,spikes resist,stealth rock resist,toxic spike resist,rapid spin resist,and it could have stats like this,or something close.

95/80/115/85/100/55

It would be a freaking b*tch to take down.One of the few pokemon that would have a decent special defense,can get 384 HP,good defense,decent attack,and great low speed for Gyro Ball.

Sounds broken,so maybe..

90/85/100/0/100/65

Meh i will still love farfetch'd way more, he's too perfect right now. Sigh what did he do stick his leek up someone's ass at gamefreak?

How would this work exactly? If we're just "creating" Pokemon that don't exist, is there going to be some special battle simulator made for this? And if so, who is going to make it?
It wouldn't be actually making a pokemon (it's possible that someone could do this, changing everything about an existing pokemon except for the picture), it would be designing one. The point of the program would be to design everything about a new pokemon, then possibly submitting it to GameFreak (if possible). However, the program is really just a way to have fun while creating a pokemon that could feasibly exist.

Creesper
Normal/Ghost
Levitate
75-HP
120-ATK
60-DEF
135-SP.ATK
55-SP.DEF
100-SPD
545-BST

Rimka
electric/poison
levitate
100-HP
45-ATK
90-DEF
105-SP.ATK
110-SP.DEF
100-SPD
550-BST

Geramid (Electrode Evo)
Electric
soundproof/static
HP-70
ATK-100
DEF-70
SP.ATK-80
SP.DEF-80
SPD-170
570-BST

Mindramin (Hypno EVO)
Psychic
Insomnia/Forwarn
110-HP
75-ATK
75_DEF
100-SP.ATK
120-SP.DEF
80-SPD
560 BST

Careadaut
Fire/Ice
Drought/Snow Warning
100-HP
20-ATK
60-DEF
150-SP.ATK
70-SP.DEF
110-SPD
510 BST

Fratic
Bug/Electric
Swarm/Static
80-HP
70-ATK
70-DEF
120-SP.ATK
70-SP.DEF
130-SPD
540 BST

Filmero
Magma Armor/Flame Body
Fire
20-HP
15-ATK
55-DEF
10-SP.ATK
20-SP.DEF
80-SPD
200 BST, same as feebas

evolves into this by maxing coolness

Flamograt
Flame Bdoy/Magma Armor
Fire
95-HP
100-ATK
125-DEF
60-SP.ATK
79-SP.DEF
81-SPD
540 BST

Porlinin
Bug/Psychic
Unaware/Effect Spore
65-HP
120-ATK
70-DEF
95-SP.ATK
80-SP.DEF
130-SPD
560 BST

Frisker
Ice/Poison (what a typing)
Snow Warning
50-HP
40-ATK
50-DEF
60-SP.ATK
40-SP.DEF
50-SPD
290 BST

evolves at level 20 into

Friskit
Ice/Poison
Snow Warning
80-HP
50-ATK
60-DEF
90-SP.ATK
60-SP.DEF
70-SPD
410 BST

evolves at level 40 into

Friskiton
Ice/Poison
Snow Warning
95-HP
65-ATK
80-DEF
110-SP.ATK
90-SP.DEF
90-SPD
530 BST

Filinook
Steel/Poison
Levitate
50-HP
25-ATK
70-DEF
25-SP.ATK
70-SP.DEF
25-SPD
265 BST...

evolves at level 18 into

Filicrani
Steel/Poison
Levitate
70-HP
30-ATK
90-DEF
30-SP.ATK
90-SP.DEF
30-SPD
340 BST

Evolves at level 36 into...

Filihol
Steel/Poison
Levitate
100-HP
60-ATK
110-DEF
60-SP.ATK
110-SP.DEF
70-SPD
510 BST

Frittle
Fire/Ice
Drought/Snow Warning
65-HP
50-ATK
120-DEF
120-SP.ATK
80-SP.DEF
100-SPD
535 BST

Garedim
Electric/Normal
Motor Drive
70-HP
140-ATK
60-DEF
90-SP.ATK
60-SP.DEF
100-SPD
520 BST

Frutz
Poison/Psychic
30-HP
40-ATK
30-DEF
40-SP.ATK
30-SP.DEF
40-SPD
210 BST..

Evolves at level 15 into

Frutzle
Poison/Psychic
Synchronize
60-HP
80-ATK
60-DEF
80-SP.ATK
60-SP.DEF
80-SPD
420 BST

evolves at level 40 into...

Frutzie
Poison/Psychic
Synchronize
80-HP
110-ATK
80-DEF
110-SP.DEF
80-SP.DEF
110-SPD
570 BST

something along the lines of this? is that what you want to do

dude, like half of the pokemon you made up are extrememly broken. im all up for making new pokemon, but we have to make some average ones, or UU pokemon, not all top tier OU pokemon like these would be.

there is no way that there can be a electric/poison or steel/poison pokemon with levitate AND have ridiculous 110/90/100 and 100/110/110 defensives respectively. they would be ridiculously powerful, making skarmory and cresselia look like magikarp shit

^No offense, but those sorts of posts are exactly what I'm trying to avoid with this program. People randomly shouting out pokemon they have thought of, and judging by several of your pokemon, with little regard for the metagame and the term "broken," does not accomplish much and leads to posts like the above, in which someone just beats you down. Hence my call for organized poll options in which people and discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)