CAP 2 Smogon's "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1

What should the base typing of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost/Steel would definatly be an awsome type. With 2 weaknesses, 3 resists and a butt-load of resistances it would be brillient defensively. And I have a good concept for one as well, possesed suit of armour!

Grass/Electric would be an interesting one especially offensivley. Concept? A parasaurolophus.

I voted Grass because we don't have enough grass type variance. Half of them are also Poison, they need a second type like fire or fighting to make it a pokemon people would use. Another cleric would be nice though, seeing as none are as bulky as needed (Shaymin has no recovery, Celebi has a pursuit weakness and numerous other options).

i like the idea of Grass/ Electric although it doesn't look like Grass is going to win =[.
It seems like it would be a well rounded type:
weak: Fire, Ice, Poison, Bug
Resist: Electric(4x), steel, water, grass(2x)

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I voted Grass because we don't have enough grass type variance. Half of them are also Poison, they need a second type like fire or fighting to make it a pokemon people would use. Another cleric would be nice though, seeing as none are as bulky as needed (Shaymin has no recovery, Celebi has a pursuit weakness and numerous other options).
Shaymin gets Rest + Natural Cure, and no pursuit weakness.

I'm still rooting for ghost, but I really wouldn't grass winning either.

both are good typings to have, enough weaknesses and resistances to balance things out. Ghost is preferred cuz it can hit Heracross and has 2 immunities to dark's one

The next poll is all the types that have 10% or more of the vote, so i don't know why you are telling us to vote normal or fighting next round, since neither of them will be there.

The next poll is all the types that have 10% or more of the vote, so i don't know why you are telling us to vote normal or fighting next round, since neither of them will be there.
Ah, I forgot Fighting was already up there. But a lot of people who voted Ghost want a Ghost/Fighting, so Hyra may be persuaded to put it up.

As for normal, the first post says it will be included as a dual type option in the next poll.

Ah, I forgot Fighting was already up there. But a lot of people who voted Ghost want a Ghost/Fighting, so Hyra may be persuaded to put it up.

As for normal, the first post says it will be included as a dual type option in the next poll.
duel-type isn't the next poll, thats what i was saying.

Actually it should be the top four. so Dark/Ghost/Grass/Fire should be in the follow up poll. Then the one with the most moves on, then we do the same for the 2nd type.

Oh_my_god

No one listens to how this poll is working.

If one type has more than 25% of the vote and no others do *cough*GHOST*cough* then that will automaticly become out first type.

The options for the next poll are_not the options that came third, fourth, fifth, etc in this poll. They are completly independant, and will be decided based on what types we've seen enough of (So if Ghost wins there won't be Dark as an option), and types that wern't in this poll can come back in. For a better explanition read the OP people!
You didn't read the thread. He changed it a page or two ago.

Edit: found it:
I'm gonna do a ten percent floor on this. All options with 10% or less are dropped. We have the survivers poll it out in a shorter poll.

Reason for floor change: 100% / 10 = 10%, not 25%.

Besides that, I'm not an idiot. Levitate/HeatProof are not options for a Steel/Ghost like Magic Guard was not an option for Syclant. Although, with Ghost in the lead, we have the incredibly good options of Ghost/Normal, Ghost/Fight, and Ghost/Steel. It will be fun to see who wins. Also, I think instead of making Ghost/Steel a wall, we should make it similar to Metagross. Much less broken.

So based on what you said Sunday, since Ghost has over 25% of the support here, Ghost automatically wins and the other 9 don't move on. Then the second poll will be Ghost and all the type combo not done with Ghost attached?

Edit: Damnit...forgot about Hyra change on the ruling on which type move on.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I found Hyra's change after 5 Mins of Searching lol. I don't think it will change anything though. Although I think it will be a bit closer.

EDIT: Ghost looks set to fall below 25%, so it may make no dofference at all...

I'm perfectly fine with another round of voting on the first type. As much as I love Ghost types, I'm getting drawn more and more to a Grass/Electric type. Besides, if Grass wins, Grass/Ghost will still be an option, and that seems to be a popular type.

Problem with Grass/Electric is a concept, however.

My ideas:

Sunflora evo (creativity lol)
"Energy" Pokemon
Abilities: Solar Power/Motor Drive (just kidding?)
Sunflora gains a second "ring" of petals behind its face that spins constantly like a generator (unlike Starmie's second ring of...arms...that spins back and forth). Sparks often shoot out as the Sunflora evo converts sunlight to electricity.

Uh... Currently, Top 4 = 10% or more. So its a moot point.

Hm... Ghost could be overturned in the next poll, which is why I am having it. I just don't like the fact that Ghost leads to so many good type combos. All the things I wanted to avoid... come back.

Anyways, we still got a day left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)